Bonus tracks drive me nuts

I hate them, I love having the cd when it first comes out, but when bonus tracks show up here and there after a few weeks or months or in some far off country for shiloads of more $$$ it drives me freakin' bonkers.

Here are some prime examples

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VOTaJIJY3o

or this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trwn165uyVk

and especially this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PqlxuKHqEQ&playnext=1&list=PL2A77F43E3AE47951&index=32

why can't these tracks be on the album in the first place.

Shit like Reckless Love releasing a newer version called the 'Cool Version' with 5 bonus tracks drives me bonkers. So are they saying that my old version is now the 'Uncool Version'.

This is the one and only reason I love Youtube, I can still listen to them, yet it's just not the same as having them on my old fashion not so cool with the kids cd format. **insert old man smilie here**

Yeah it's getting so bad that one day the version w/ the bonus tracks will be released a week after the original version :lol: I like it alot better if they release it w/ bonus tracks & maybe a live dvd or something to make it really worth having...

They never get my money twice, but I hate downloading shit, it's not the same.

I remember the good ol' days when bonus tracks used to suck and almost ruin the rest of the disc because they were horrible and deserved only deserved to be called bonus tracks or b-sides. Lately bonus tracks seem like great songs that were left off for no good reason.

When it comes to the ''Cool Version'' of the Reckless Love I noticed it was mostly remixes or accoustic stuff, with only one new track and a Def Leppard cover.

My son Zach loved the Reckless Love, especially the track Back To Paradise, I played him the dance remix of it and he looked at me like I had 1 eye and 2 heads. While walking away seemingly unimpressed he blurted out, 'it's still a good song'....wait till he hears the soft accoustic version. Yikes!

I feel your pain man. I am a HUGE fan of NOCTURNAL RITES and still have yet to find the bonus tracks anywhere for their last couple of discs.

I'm looking for these mp3's if anybody can help:

Nocturnal Rites "Grand Illusion" bonus tracks "Fade Away" and "Under The Ice"

Nocturnal Rites "The 8th Sin" bonus tracks "Coming Home" and "My Self Destruction"

I feel your pain man. I am a HUGE fan of NOCTURNAL RITES and still have yet to find the bonus tracks anywhere for their last couple of discs.

I'm looking for these mp3's if anybody can help:

Nocturnal Rites "Grand Illusion" bonus tracks "Fade Away" and "Under The Ice"

Nocturnal Rites "The 8th Sin" bonus tracks "Coming Home" and "My Self Destruction"

wow i didnt know that.......would be very interested in hearing them too :-)

Potentially the best bonus track from 2010 was Treat's 'Turn The Dial'......brilliant track and better than most of the album tracks for sure.

If I buy an album and then they put out a "cool version" or bonus tracks - I download the bonus tracks. They don't get my money twice.

+1

Yep, sadly that's the only realistic thing to do. It sucks not having all the songs in one place so that the album is listened to in it's complete form, but unless you have money to burn there's no real other way around it. :(

If I buy an album and then they put out a "cool version" or bonus tracks - I download the bonus tracks. They don't get my money twice.

+1

Yep, sadly that's the only realistic thing to do. It sucks not having all the songs in one place so that the album is listened to in it's complete form, but unless you have money to burn there's no real other way around it. :(

They are all nicely in one place.......on my iphone :-))

With 3 kids, cds just gather dust in my house in any case!