Yellowcard - 'When You're Through Thinking, Say Yes' (2011

Geoff

For those interested, for whatever reason I stumbled accross this info on Wikipedia the other day. I didn't even know they were back together, but indeed it is correct! Yellowcard got back together recently, already recorded their new CD and it is due for release on March 22, 2011.

From wikipedia:

Tracklist

Confirmed Tracks

"The Sound of You and Me"

"For You, and Your Denial"

"See Me Smiling"

"Be the Young"

Possible tracks and order

"The Sound Of You And Me"

"For You, and Your Denial"

"With You Around"

"Hang You Up"

"Life of Leaving Home"

"Hide"

"Soundtrack"

"Sing For Me"

"See Me Smiling"

"Be The Young"

These tracks are suppsodely in order, according to Jason Tate's Last.fm account

Possible Tracks

"Hide"

"Sing to Me"

"Hang You Up"

"Empty Street"

These tracks aren't confirmed and may be featured above under a different name

220px-WYRT%2CSYCoverart.jpg

Based on how amazing 'Paper Walls' is I must say this is about as much as I'll anticipate any upcoming new release. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest deathstar

Have to say, I'm a bit ashamed of the way Ryan has taken the name Yellowcard and ruined it like he has. Yellowcard wouldn't even be where they are now were it not for the original guitarist, Ben Harper, who Ryan kicked out.

• 2 weeks later...

Have to say, I'm a bit ashamed of the way Ryan has taken the name Yellowcard and ruined it like he has. Yellowcard wouldn't even be where they are now were it not for the original guitarist, Ben Harper, who Ryan kicked out.

What's the story there? Why did he kick him out?

• 2 weeks later...

They've really missed the boat with this one IMO. This Modern Pop/Rock stuff is pretty much dead these days with only a few bands surviving. I know they probably did this better than most with their last album, but that was bloody ages ago and the world has moved-on now. Idiots.

They've really missed the boat with this one IMO. This Modern Pop/Rock stuff is pretty much dead these days with only a few bands surviving. I know they probably did this better than most with their last album, but that was bloody ages ago and the world has moved-on now. Idiots.

:lol: You bitter old man. ;)

So are these comments based on the new song, or have you heard the entire new album? Will a sentimental fool like me who just likes music if it is good, regardless of the latest trends, still like it... as I loved the last disc? :)

So are these comments based on the new song, or have you heard the entire new album? Will a sentimental fool like me who just likes music if it is good, regardless of the latest trends, still like it... as I loved the last disc? :)

I agree, a great album is a great album - regardless of anything else. Which is why I would buy this disc in a heartbeat. I'm just saying that commercially they really ballsed this one up...

I agree, a great album is a great album - regardless of anything else. Which is why I would buy this disc in a heartbeat. I'm just saying that commercially they really ballsed this one up...

Perhaps, but in all reality I think these guys, like Hinder, only had one chance at success, they enjoyed their 15mins, and the way the world is the kids would never be interested in a band like this for more than one album. You can say what you may about this new album, but if they were still desperate for commercial success you could say anything they've done since the 'Ocean Avenue' album has been a balls up, commercially. Bar the tiny success they had with the title track from 'Lights and sounds.'

Perhaps, but in all reality I think these guys, like Hinder, only had one chance at success, they enjoyed their 15mins, and the way the world is the kids would never be interested in a band like this for more than one album. You can say what you may about this new album, but if they were still desperate for commercial success you could say anything they've done since the 'Ocean Avenue' album has been a balls up, commercially. Bar the tiny success they had with the title track from 'Lights and sounds.'

But that's why, when you do get your 15 mins of fame, you need to really make the most of it. They disappeared off the scene for years. Hinder just havent had the promotion this time around otherwise they might have followed the Framing Hanley/Escape the Fate path to some reasonable success. Those bands toured, got on some great live bills, and then got their new albums promoted heavily. Hinder needed a big album this time around, a mega first-single, and some decent label promotion - and they got none of these IMO...

But that's why, when you do get your 15 mins of fame, you need to really make the most of it. They disappeared off the scene for years. Hinder just havent had the promotion this time around otherwise they might have followed the Framing Hanley/Escape the Fate path to some reasonable success. Those bands toured, got on some great live bills, and then got their new albums promoted heavily. Hinder needed a big album this time around, a mega first-single, and some decent label promotion - and they got none of these IMO...

But even 'Take it to the limit' was already a huge commercial failure, wasn't it? I know in Australia, after about 4 singles in heavy rotation off 'Extreme Behaviour', I never once heard 'Without you' from the follow-up on the radio here. :( Seems they'd already been discarded by the masses.

I don't know much what happens in the commercial market these days, it just seems that if a good band ever does get a bit of acclaim it only ever lasts as long as one album and then next time round nobody cares anymore. Could be wrong, but that's the way I see it from where I'm at. :)

• 2 months later...

Geoff - have you picked this one up? I'm just about to order a subscription of Rock Sound magazine and they've given me a choice of this disc or Young Guns free and I'm 50/50 on them...

• 4 weeks later...

Which way did you go, mate? I prefer this to Young Guns, but it is no doubt a big step back from 'Paper Walls.' I guess you could say I'm disappointed, but if I'm realistic about things I'm happy. 'Ocean Avenue and 'Lights and Sounds' were both very good modern rock CDs, and the new one is too. Pretty much on par with those two.

The truth is, 'Paper Walls' was just one of those one in a million freak CDs. Don't know where it came from, never thought the band had it in them and I doubt they ever will again. All you can do is own it, savour it and thank my lord and saviour Jesus christ that it exists, rather than bad-mouthing them if they can't repeat it.

So, end of the day, the new disc is a very good one... just not a great one, like the last one is.

• 2 weeks later...

Which way did you go, mate? I prefer this to Young Guns, but it is no doubt a big step back from 'Paper Walls.' I guess you could say I'm disappointed, but if I'm realistic about things I'm happy. 'Ocean Avenue and 'Lights and Sounds' were both very good modern rock CDs, and the new one is too. Pretty much on par with those two.

The truth is, 'Paper Walls' was just one of those one in a million freak CDs. Don't know where it came from, never thought the band had it in them and I doubt they ever will again. All you can do is own it, savour it and thank my lord and saviour Jesus christ that it exists, rather than bad-mouthing them if they can't repeat it.

So, end of the day, the new disc is a very good one... just not a great one, like the last one is.

Yeah I figured that from all the reviews. Their other discs seem to have a few great tracks but overall are not really consistent, unlike "Paper Walls" which was all-killer. I got the Young Guns disc and it's pretty damn killer actually, barely a bad tune on it (though the slick/soulless production is a bit of an issue)...

Yeah I figured that from all the reviews. Their other discs seem to have a few great tracks but overall are not really consistent, unlike "Paper Walls" which was all-killer. I got the Young Guns disc and it's pretty damn killer actually, barely a bad tune on it (though the slick/soulless production is a bit of an issue)...

Yeah, I like the Young Guns disc too. As you say, very consistent (but on the same tongue, maybe missing those one or two real stand-out tracks) and I do agree that the production job, like previous BFMV CDs, really takes the edge off any balls they may have... maybe a bit too slick.

• 3 weeks later...

i did a revisit to 'Paper Walls' and looks like you're right from the start, this is one bloody brilliant disc! Several outstanding tunes from me are 'Fighting', 'Keeper', 'Light Up The Sky', 'Five Becomes Four', 'Afraid', but the rest are solid as well and no weaklings in sight except maybe 'Date Line' and the closing track which I think is quite decent.

so how's this new album sound compared to 2007 ?

i'll try to find the link and check out tonite first

i did a revisit to 'Paper Walls' and looks like you're right from the start, this is one bloody brilliant disc! Several outstanding tunes from me are 'Fighting', 'Keeper', 'Light Up The Sky', 'Five Becomes Four', 'Afraid', but the rest are solid as well and no weaklings in sight except maybe 'Date Line' and the closing track which I think is quite decent.

so how's this new album sound compared to 2007 ?

i'll try to find the link and check out tonite first

Yeah, mate as I said above it's a good 'un, but nothing compared to 'Paper Walls.' They have released 2 good albums prior to 'Paper Walls' and this new one is as good as those two, roughly. But 'Paper Walls' is heads and shoulders above the rest of their discography.