Amaru - Hungry Like The Wolf

Stefan

This is my "first spin impression": I LOVE what they did with the music, especially the guitar work, the ending is good too. I don't like the vocals. The chorus is ok, but the everything else...not so much.

Seeing as Duran Duran was my first favorite band and I still like their stuff I will listen to this some more.

Thanks for the post! :tumbsup:

T'was alright that. Wouldn't say it was better than the original, but definitely one of the better cover versions I have heard recently.

Well surely not better than the original, no one beats Duran's version. The guitar playing caught my attention first time around and it's absolutely spot on. It really suits the song. From the 2:30 mark onwards the song is at its best.

Yep, the singer's no match to Simon.

Can't hear this song at work, but Amaru are excellent!! I think there's an ex-member of Shinedown in the band and I'm not sure they have a physical CD yet - they released an album back in 2008, I think it was, called 'Love, Lies & Therapy.' Sadly I think it was a digital only release. Great album, though, and they have about 10 other songs on the internet which are great too. The main guy, Bob Amaru was also in a great unreleased modern rock band called Burn Season which had a full album recorded and shelved by Elektra.

Anyway, check this band out further than just this song. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest deathstar

I went to school with the lead singer, Bobby Amaru, and he's done so much musically, it's insane. This was a cover he did about 3-4 years ago that he'd also perform live. It never made it onto anything physical, it was on his MySpace page and that's it.

Bobby currently sings in Crown the Sun: www.facebook.com/crownthesun & plays drums in Burn Season: www.myspace.com/burnseason. Burn Season just recently got back together and are in the studio, Crown the Sun are shopping for labels. I was a little shocked that there was a topic about this, having known Bobby since the mid 90's when we were in middle school together, I'm glad to see his music is liked by a few people here and there!

Michael

I went to school with the lead singer, Bobby Amaru, and he's done so much musically, it's insane. This was a cover he did about 3-4 years ago that he'd also perform live. It never made it onto anything physical, it was on his MySpace page and that's it.

Bobby currently sings in Crown the Sun: www.facebook.com/crownthesun & plays drums in Burn Season: www.myspace.com/burnseason. Burn Season just recently got back together and are in the studio, Crown the Sun are shopping for labels. I was a little shocked that there was a topic about this, having known Bobby since the mid 90's when we were in middle school together, I'm glad to see his music is liked by a few people here and there!

Michael

Hey Michael, wow that's a shame to hear (by putting two and two together) that Amaru are no longer together then? :( I liked what I heard of Burn Season and hope they get something released this time, but I really thought the Amaru project was his best work. Though I haven't heard Crown The Sun, but I did really like Amaru...

Guest deathstar

Michael

Hey Michael, wow that's a shame to hear (by putting two and two together) that Amaru are no longer together then? :( I liked what I heard of Burn Season and hope they get something released this time, but I really thought the Amaru project was his best work. Though I haven't heard Crown The Sun, but I did really like Amaru...

Well, if you wanna get a bit technical, Crown the Sun IS Amaru. Bobby Amaru and Stephen (Scarey) Carey both performed in the band. Amaru consisted of Bobby on Vocals, Stephen on Guitar, Brad Stewart on Bass & Johnathan on drums. So not much change there, just new members and a new name!

As you may or may not know, Jacksonville, Florida is a mini Seattle. For Burn Season's final show before they broke up, they had Brad Stewart of Shinedown/Fuel, Jeremy Marshall of Cold & Sam Rivers of Limp Bizkit all jam out on Bass. It's like a family down here with all these bands!

PS Burn Season recorded their debut album with Bob Marlette for Elektra Records back in 2001. The record never got released, Elektra folded, Burn Season were dropped. They finally released a record with a few songs off that album remastered & remixed on Bieler Bros. Records. They're currently working on getting that Elektra Record released very soon.