Anberlin

zacharyamelie

I know 'Dark Is The Way, Light is The Place' (cool album title) came out this week and I've heard the first single ''Impossible'' and it's good, yet it sounds like every other song they've released in the past. So is it worth getting...even if it's more of the same...or is it.

Hey mate, definitely worth a go. Like you say, nothing new from the guys but they do what they do well and this is as good as the last 2 albums, if not perhaps a little stronger overall. I dug it from song one to the end. A few nice winners in there too. Melikes.

Hey mate, definitely worth a go. Like you say, nothing new from the guys but they do what they do well and this is as good as the last 2 albums, if not perhaps a little stronger overall. I dug it from song one to the end. A few nice winners in there too. Melikes.

I saw it at a local Target store yesterday and was planning on buying it, however it was in a really, really cheap cardboard digipak, the cheap ones with nothing to keep the disc from getting scratched to shits. Dammit I hate it when bands resort to these types of crap packaging after older ones were in good solid classic jewel cases. Therefore I think I'll hold off and just bum around the net and listen to it that way.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, might have been a litte under-stated in my thoughts on this. I pretty much deadset love it. They are like SOTY in that they know what they do, they know how to do it well and they know they don't need to get too wild and crazy to please their fans. It's what you'd expect from Anberlin but I will say that this is definitely their best album since 'NTFP' and it's just as consistent as those first two.

Overall it's a little more mellow this time round but I'm in a place where I'm really seeking and just loving wonderful heartfelt songs (hence my love for the Bad City song Glen hates, :lol:), and this is right up my alley. Just on what I'm digging, I'd probably put this above SOTY in my personal top 10 list this year. Very nice and I can't wait to see them support this CD in February next year. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Have people officially given up on Anberlin?

I would like to take this opportunity to ask where my clothes are, and commend Anberlin for their consistency over 5 albums now. Each one has proved to be a gem, even if it took a couple of them a little while to really sink in.

Overall it's a little more mellow this time round but I'm in a place where I'm really seeking and just loving wonderful heartfelt songs (hence my love for the Bad City song Glen hates, :lol:),

Not heard the new Anberlin yet, but certainly dont 'hate' that Bad City song (I like the whole album!)...........its just that the bonus track 'Love On War' destroys it, that's all.

• 2 weeks later...

I really like "Impossible" and the one Geoff posted "Art Of War". It seems better than anything they have released so far. Much more accessible at least to these ears.

Shoot me, but I'm bored of this band. It's not punch enough and their last few albums have all sounded the same.

They've definitely mellowed out but as I recently listened back to their discography it struck me that they always wrote a good ballad. I think this new one and 'New Surrender' are very similar in vibe, but they're pretty different to the 'Cities' album. Today I bought a 'Lost Songs' CD from the net... which I though was just an Itunes release. Very keen to get it and see what it's all about.

They've definitely mellowed out but as I recently listened back to their discography it struck me that they always wrote a good ballad. I think this new one and 'New Surrender' are very similar in vibe, but they're pretty different to the 'Cities' album. Today I bought a 'Lost Songs' CD from the net... which I though was just an Itunes release. Very keen to get it and see what it's all about.

Lost songs = crap = demos, live crap, acoustic crap, covers. Worst acoustic band ive seen.

Shoot me, but I'm bored of this band. It's not punch enough and their last few albums have all sounded the same.

I'm with TIM. They really needed to change things to keep me interested and they haven't.

Lost songs = crap = demos, live crap, acoustic crap, covers. Worst acoustic band ive seen.

So I should be keen for it to arrive? :lol: I do remember burning a few songs of it onto my Ipod at some stage but none seem to have stayed. I'm sure it'll be crap but I think I paid about $4 or something for it. :)