Stone Gods

Chris

http://www.myspace.com/stonegodsfans

"Goodbye", "The Start Of Something" and "Pretty Ugly" are very good. "Lazy Bones" is excellent. The sound is kind of raw. With some polishing this could be excellent.

Not on the myspace page is "Burn The Witch". Excellent hard rock tune!!

Its a good album, apparently album number 2 is on it's way but I think the bassist or someone quit recently so wether that's put it back a bit remains to be seen I guess!

There was always the Darkness to reform rumour doing the rounds too, although it has been vehemently denied by Justin Hawkins....watch this space I reckon.

This sucker really grew on me and now I LOVE this album. As I mentioned elsewhere, it almost sounds like Don Jillson/Tommy Paris on vocals and great tunes found throughout, with my favorite tracks being "Defend Or Die", "You Brought A Knife To A Gunfight", "Lazy Bones" and especially "I'm With The Band".

Yep, good disc. I diggit.

Good disc. Now lets have a full on Darkness reunion, just for Geoff :headbanger:

Did you ever hear the Hot Leg 'Red Light Fever' disc from last year Geoff? I presume you hated it if you have, seeing as I know your love for Justin is well documented? ;). Personally, I thought it was better than the Stone Gods album to be honest, so was just wondering what your thoughts were on the tunes if you had heard any.

Good disc. Now lets have a full on Darkness reunion, just for Geoff :headbanger:

Did you ever hear the Hot Leg 'Red Light Fever' disc from last year Geoff? I presume you hated it if you have, seeing as I know your love for Justin is well documented? ;). Personally, I thought it was better than the Stone Gods album to be honest, so was just wondering what your thoughts were on the tunes if you had heard any.

Honestly mate, didn't even get around to hearing it. If I had I'm sure you'd have seen my hatred for it somewhere. ;):lol: To be honest, I really struggled to even bother with the 2nd Darkness CD. Does he still use that f*ggot of a voice in this Hot Leg band, or is it toned down a bit? If he tries to sing kind of normally I guess I could give it ago...

I heard a couple of tracks off the Hot Leg release and I thought they sounded great, but my money said no.

Thing is buying something with Justin Hawkins on is like buying a dirty mag in front of a queue of school kids, you know you're gonna be mocked haha!

Naw I like the guy to an extent and maybe I should get around to looking at the Hot Leg disc....did u get it Jez?

I heard a couple of tracks off the Hot Leg release and I thought they sounded great, but my money said no.

Thing is buying something with Justin Hawkins on is like buying a dirty mag in front of a queue of school kids, you know you're gonna be mocked haha!

Naw I like the guy to an extent and maybe I should get around to looking at the Hot Leg disc....did u get it Jez?

Yeah mate - I got the Hot Leg disc and loved it to be honest and I know a few others that quite liked it aswell. I don't care what anybody else thinks to be honest, just good straight down the line rock 'n' roll. If you liked the Darkness stuff and Stone Gods, definitely have a go at it. Hopefully they will do another one sometime, although I did also hear of the Darkness reunion rumour a while back.

Honestly mate, didn't even get around to hearing it. If I had I'm sure you'd have seen my hatred for it somewhere. ;):lol: To be honest, I really struggled to even bother with the 2nd Darkness CD. Does he still use that f*ggot of a voice in this Hot Leg band, or is it toned down a bit? If he tries to sing kind of normally I guess I could give it ago...

Justin's vocals are a little more toned down in places on it I would say, but it's definitely him if you get my drift ;). If you get the chance give it a go and let me know what you think ;