Steve Hughes

JamesEagle

This is probably very old news to the Aussies on here...

Has anyone else seen this comedian? He's Australian and calls his act 'Heavy Metal Comedy' as he's a big metaller and has been in some metal bands. I saw him recently and when he came out his first line was something like, "I know what you're thinking, but don't worry; I'm fuckin' funny." And he was. I went with my brother to see him supporting Reginald D Hunter, who my brother is a huge fan of, and my brother thought Steve Hughes was funnier (Reg was still very good though). Best line (and I can't find a clip of him doing this one) was along the lines of, "You're from Britain. The same country that produced: The Beatles. The Rolling Stones. The Who. Deep Purple.... [then lists about 40 influential acts from various rock genres, all in quick succession off the top of his head] "If you watch X Factor, you're a bit of a c**t." You probably had to be there, but it was one of the funniest lines I've ever heard. (Plus I had the moral high ground as I hate X Factor and its peers.)

The first clip on here is brilliant, I'd urge anyone who hasn't seen him to check this out.

Steve Hughes