I miss this line-up from KISS

66 mustang

REVENGE era KISS ruled. They looked cool again, they sounded heavy, and the REVENGE album was their most bad-ass record in a decade. Unfortunately, it was kinda the start of an era that they never bothered to finish. :crying:

I'd like this era of KISS even better if Garth Brooks' microphone was off and he was backstage, or in another city. ;)

Revenge kicked ass for sure but it was to bad that Eric Carr wasn't part of it since he was a huge part of the post original non makeup Kiss. I still prefer the original lineup to anything but Revenge is one of my favs from them. Is it any coincendence that Revenge, Creatures of the Night and Lick it Up are three of their best albums and Vinnie Vincent was involved in the songwriting on all three? You can't dispute that he's an asshole but the guy did have a huge amount of talent.

Oh geez...I'd be better off not posting in this thread. I think I made it clear a long time ago what Kiss era I prefer ;)

Yes Jarred but "Unmasked" isn't an "era"......... :whistle:

This is true but also not the era I was talking about as you know :bananamac:

Btw, your fave era of Kiss was the line up that recorded Unmasked...well, according to the liner notes anyway :)

Oh geez...I'd be better off not posting in this thread. I think I made it clear a long time ago what Kiss era I prefer ;)

Btw, your fave era of Kiss was the line up that recorded Unmasked...well, according to the liner notes anyway :)

Very true but they also recorded Kiss, Hotter Than Hell, Dressed To Kill, Alive, Destroyer, Rock & Roll Over, Love Gun and Alive II(also Dynasty but we won't talk about that one either).

The three bad Kiss related releases up to 1980(Dynasty, Unmasked and Peter Criss' solo disc) were all produced by Vinnie Poncia. What does that say about him as a producer?

Very true but they also recorded Kiss, Hotter Than Hell, Dressed To Kill, Alive, Destroyer, Rock & Roll Over, Love Gun and Alive II(also Dynasty but we won't talk about that one either).

The three bad Kiss related releases up to 1980(Dynasty, Unmasked and Peter Criss' solo disc) were all produced by Vinnie Poncia. What does that say about him as a producer?

I always thought that 'Dynasty' has a great sound. (And Anton Fig is a way better drummer than Peter Criss. ;))

I always thought that 'Dynasty' has a great sound. (And Anton Fig is a way better drummer than Peter Criss. ;))

Well there's no denying that Anton Fig shits all over Criss and I can't deny that the sound of Dynasty was fine but damn if the songs weren't lightweight and to Disco/Pop influenced. None of the songs were bad or anything, and actually the Ace songs were great IMO, but the lack of edge that had been there in the past makes this just an okay album for me.

Well there's no denying that Anton Fig shits all over Criss and I can't deny that the sound of Dynasty was fine but damn if the songs weren't lightweight and to Disco/Pop influenced. None of the songs were bad or anything, and actually the Ace songs were great IMO, but the lack of edge that had been there in the past makes this just an okay album for me.

I don't like Dynasty or any of the solo albums minus the excellent Frehley solo album. I do of course as you know like Unmasked a lot...and while I love and grew up on old Kiss my era of Kiss will always be the albums Creatures through Revenge.

Creatures through Revenge > all other Kiss albums

I don't like Dynasty or any of the solo albums minus the excellent Frehley solo album. I do of course as you know like Unmasked a lot...and while I love and grew up on old Kiss my era of Kiss will always be the albums Creatures through Revenge.

Creatures, Lick it Up and Revenge kick all kinds of ass and Animalize is really good but Crazy Nights is to pop and parts of Asylum and Hot in the Shade are good but not great.

Creatures, Lick it Up and Revenge kick all kinds of ass and Animalize is really good but Crazy Nights is to pop and parts of Asylum and Hot in the Shade are good but not great.

I disagree ;)

I'm stayin' out of this discussion lest it become a Chinese Clusterf*ck... y'all know how I feel about UNMASKED, CRAZY NIGHTS and HOT IN THE SHADE anyway... :puke:

I disagree ;)

U disagree that Creatures, Revenge and Lick it up kick ass? :unsure:

I'm stayin' out of this discussion lest it become a Chinese Clusterf*ck... y'all know how I feel about UNMASKED, CRAZY NIGHTS and HOT IN THE SHADE anyway... :puke:

Ah that They are secretly your ALL time favorite KISS albums???? :whistle:

What...

NO???? :omg:

Revenge kicked ass for sure but it was to bad that Eric Carr wasn't part of it since he was a huge part of the post original non makeup Kiss. I still prefer the original lineup to anything but Revenge is one of my favs from them. Is it any coincendence that Revenge, Creatures of the Night and Lick it Up are three of their best albums and Vinnie Vincent was involved in the songwriting on all three? You can't dispute that he's an asshole but the guy did have a huge amount of talent.

Totally agree. I always wondered how kick ass "Revenge" would have been if Eric Carr would have been alive. And a my ex-brother-in-law used to say that if Eric Carr was alive, the reunion would have never gone past that first tour. Interesting to think about....

Totally agree. I always wondered how kick ass "Revenge" would have been if Eric Carr would have been alive. And a my ex-brother-in-law used to say that if Eric Carr was alive, the reunion would have never gone past that first tour. Interesting to think about....

It's hard to say about if the reunion would of happened or not or how long it would of lasted but I'd guess that with Carr being still alive it wouldn't beeen that much harded to do since they seemed to think very highly of him. I do wish Eric Carr and Bruce would of been able to put together their own band and come up with a good album together. Eric was a great drummer and really made his mark on Creatures and Lick It Up.

I disagree ;)

U disagree that Creatures, Revenge and Lick it up kick ass? :unsure:

Not at all, I agree that every album from Creatures to Revenge kicked ass! :headbanger: