Dee Snider's new "Reality" show

Fat Freddy

Looks like Dee Snider is the next rocker to jump on the "Gene Simmons' Family Jewels"/"The Osbournes" bandwagon...

growinguptwisted.jpg

DEE SNIDER's 'Growing Up Twisted' To Premiere Next Month - June 30, 2010

What happens when Dee Snider, the legendary frontman of heavy metal group TWISTED SISTER, is the "quiet one" in the family? "Growing Up Twisted" follows the outrageous and oddball daily pursuits of the Sniders, who think their zany world is just real life, perfectly normal... only it's not. The seven episode series premieres with two back-to-back half hour episodes on Tuesday, July 27 at 10 p.m and 10:30 p.m. ET/PT.

"Growing Up Twisted" explores suburban life in Long Island through the eyes of an off-beat but tight-knit family of six who are fiercely independent, strong willed and unafraid to speak their minds. There is Dee, a loving husband, father and newly minted grandfather who is the legendary frontman of heavy metal group TWISTED SISTER, the host of the "House of Hair" radio show and the national spokesperson for the March of Dimes Bikers for Babies; his hot and feisty wife Suzette, a clothing designer and makeup artist and the glue that holds the family together, and their children: Jesse, 27, an aspiring rock musician, husband and new father; Shane, 22, the resident comic; Cody, 20, a budding filmmaker; and Cheyenne, 13, daddy's little girl, who is making the tough transition to teenager.

The series looks at the unpredictable daily life of the Snider clan including: a baptism where a song opens up wounds between father and son; a playful sparring match that has devastating consequences; the inappropriate behavior of a local store clerk that brings the Snider men together in a show of solidarity; and a concert where Dee performs with his offspring. Throughout it all, despite their craziness, the Sniders prove the love that binds them, no matter how twisted, is undeniable.

"Growing Up Twisted" is produced by Evolution Media ("Real Housewives of Orange County") for A&E. Dee Snider is executive producer and Ron Starrantino is producer. Executive producers for Evolution are Douglas Ross, Greg Stewart, Kathleen French, Alex Baskin and Kevin Lee. Robert Sharenow and Elaine Frontain Bryant are executive producers for A&E.

Actually Dee had a show on VH1 that aired before the Gene Simmons show several years back but he was told by VH1 at the time that his family got along to well and was to nice for them to have a full realty show about them.

Actually Dee had a show on VH1 that aired before the Gene Simmons show several years back but he was told by VH1 at the time that his family got along to well and was to nice for them to have a full realty show about them.

Y'know, I could've sworn that this sounded familiar while I was reading the Blabbermouth article. :lol: Now that I think about it, I remember reading an interview w/Dee in a magazine years ago where he talked about developing a show like this. I think the title at the time was "The Sniders of Great Neck" or something like that.

Y'know, I could've sworn that this sounded familiar while I was reading the Blabbermouth article. :lol: Now that I think about it, I remember reading an interview w/Dee in a magazine years ago where he talked about developing a show like this. I think the title at the time was "The Sniders of Great Neck" or something like that.

I can't recall the name but I thought it was just The Sniders and it was a one hour show I think but they that was it.

I can't recall the name but I thought it was just The Sniders and it was a one hour show I think but they that was it.

Must've missed it. :lol: I imagine it wasn't on VH1 for very long?

If I remember correctly, "Gene Simmons' Family Jewels" is moving to Tuesday nights when it returns for a new season in July, looks like Dee's show will be airing next to it.

Who's the blonde in the leopard skin dress? Very nice. Is that his wife? If so, well done, sir!

He married Suzette back in the 80s (she was the bands make up or costume girl if I remember correctly), and he even recorded the song You're not alone (Suzettes song) back on the You cant stop rock n roll album.

This is them renewing their wedding vows when Dee was doing the Van Helsing thing.

Dee%2BSnider%2BVan%2BHelsing%2BCurse%2BHard%2BRock%2BHotel%2B-WMlyluvPDSl.jpg

Must've missed it. :lol: I imagine it wasn't on VH1 for very long?

It was just the one hour special and that was it no other shows were made.

Damn! Mrs. Snider is totally embodying the MILFy goodness. :hitit:

Damn! Mrs. Snider is totally embodying the MILFy goodness. :hitit:

Yesbacked. quagmire.gif

One certainly would wouldn't one :crazy:

• 1 month later...

Has anybody tried (and I do mean "tried") to watch Dee's new show yet? It's awful. I gave up after about fifteen minutes. His kids are totally irritating and play to the cameras in an oh-so-obvious "look at me, I wanna be a reality TV star" sort of way, and even tho Dee's wife is indeed smokin' hot, I can barely listen to her cuz not only is she obnoxious, she has the most obnoxious NOOO YAWWWWK accent I have heard in ages. I mean, Fran Drescher's character on "The Nanny" was easier on the ears. Dee seems to spend most of the time in the background, letting the show focus on his family members... bad move.

This show will hopefully be gone soon.