Yard Sale Finds

cdjunky41

Anybody go to these mini events? People moving so they try and sell everything they have.

I just pick up on vinyl, a copy of:

ROCK SAGAS (THE CHRIS TETLY INTERVIEWS) PICTURE DISC for KIX for $1.00

I had no idea KIX did a copy of this series..

Anybody go to these mini events? People moving so they try and sell everything they have.

I just pick up on vinyl, a copy of:

ROCK SAGAS (THE CHRIS TETLY INTERVIEWS) PICTURE DISC for KIX for $1.00

I had no idea KIX did a copy of this series..

Yeah I have that, Chris Tetley used to be a DJ here in Manchester on Piccadilly Radio...or was it Key 103 (which was Piccadilly Radio after it changed it's name), bit of a local celeb in rock circles, always at gigs, or propping bars up in the city centre - he had awesome sideburns :lol: , sadly he died a few years ago. No doubting his love for the music but he sure was scatterbrained..haha!

I had a yard sale yesterday... put out a whole mess o' CDs that I didn't want anymore, a bunch of cassettes, and even a couple of LPs... and nobody bought any of em!! :thppt:

Seriously, we had a lot of lookers, but not a lot of buyers... didn't sell much of anything. I'm like "I got up at 5:30 in the morning and busted my hump setting this whole thing up for this?" :cussing:

Actually Keef!

Your the type of person I want to run into while hunting at these things..

Not the type that has 5 to 8 kids and selling a mountain of clothes.. :blink:

:rofl: We had quite a load of that stuff too. Lotsa toys the kids have outgrown, some kiddie furniture, car seats, etc. -- some of that stuff moved but the big items we were hoping to get rid of (a "Thomas the Tank Engine" wooden railway play table, a toddler bed, etc.) were ignored.

We were pretty disappointed in the turnout cuz the last time we did a yard sale 3 or 4 years ago we did VERY well and sold out of just about everything. I guess it just wasn't our week this time. :blink:

I go to yard sales almost every Saturday. We have tons of them in our metro area. Of course here (in Arizona) everyone starts really early, so I have to be out the door by about 5:30AM. This past Saturday it was 90 degrees by 8:00AM. :devilgrin:

It's really hit and miss, but I've found some amazing stuff like rare cds, hair metal demo tapes, promo displays, picture discs, concert shirts, etc..

www.wishingwellonline.com

www.facebook.com/Roger.Pamachena

FUCKIN' ARGHHH!!!! :doh:

Went out today to a 48 family yard sale today..

Went to one house that had 30 c.d.'s for sale. This jerkoff ahead of me bought every disc they had..

I do believe they were selling them for .50 cents each..

Some of the bands they sold were BLACK SABBATH, POISON, BAD CO.

I hope they all skip.. :2up:

On a better note..

I found a 200 cd spinner by the dumpster today. It doesn't spin, but I could use it in my mancave. Just until I figure out what the hell I'm gonna do.

Hit a garage sale this AM and picked up some not-so-heavy rock stuff for a quarter apiece...

Mr. Big - LEAN INTO IT

Nelson - AFTER THE RAIN

Geoff Tate - S/T

Velvet Revolver - CONTRABAND

Richie Sambora - UNDISCOVERED SOUL

Fuel - NATURAL SELECTION

Dunno if any of'em will even be keepers (anyone interested in trading for any of the above, holla!) but the $$ spent went to benefit the local Animal Shelter so I wanted to help out the dogs & cats.

Hit a garage sale today and picked up some cds including a couple worth noting.

Urban Chipmunks - Chipmunks singing country songs - Check out ebay and amazon on that one. 90.00 being the lowest selling price. Who would have figured

Heart - 2 cds on 1 disc. Bad Animals/Bebe Le....... This is either a bootleg or a very professional made personal cd. This one would even make the experts do a double take. Ive never seen so much work go into a bootleg/self made cd. Includes fold out booklet with all lyrics and pictures.

Front cover shows both cds in smaller version. The cd face label is perfect with the heart overlaping into the clear inner ring. Even the back insert has a inside picture.

Funny though there was only the following P & C 1980 1987. No label or upc code. This leads me to think someone out there is very good and making there own cds.

Hit a garage sale this AM and picked up some not-so-heavy rock stuff for a quarter apiece...

Mr. Big - LEAN INTO IT

Nelson - AFTER THE RAIN

Geoff Tate - S/T

Fuel - NATURAL SELECTION

Dunno if any of'em will even be keepers (anyone interested in trading for any of the above, holla!) but the $$ spent went to benefit the local Animal Shelter so I wanted to help out the dogs & cats.

You can't go wrong for 25 cents each Keef!! :tumbsup:

For that price, i'd probably pick up non rock c.d.'s for trade ins at a local store (If the conditions are good).

Hit a garage sale today and picked up some cds including a couple worth noting.

Urban Chipmunks - Chipmunks singing country songs - Check out ebay and amazon on that one. 90.00 being the lowest selling price. Who would have figured

Good catch H.R.!! :tumbsup:

I like when people don't realise what their giving up..

• 4 weeks later...

got a STILL SEALED Journey's Greatest Hits on VINYL today!....50 CENTS!......they go for like $75+ on ebay. i thought i was going to pee myself. was looking at books, and there it was in a corner sammiched inbetween Permenent Vacation by Aerosmith and OU812. yay me.

( should go back and buy the aerosmith....may have to stop back in.) but this was the holy fucking grail of journey albums!

Mr. Big - LEAN INTO IT

Nelson - AFTER THE RAIN

Geoff Tate - S/T

Fuel - NATURAL SELECTION

That Velvet Revolver CD is pretty good actually.. Though I thought you HATED them?? :whistle:

I actually HAVE that Mr Big CD and My sister had the Nelson CD, so yea I heard that ALOT.. And I never knew Geoff Tate did a solo CD??? But hey, can't beat the price though, right???? :tumbsup:

And outta curiosity.. What CDs were you trying to sell that No one wanted anyways???

That Velvet Revolver CD is pretty good actually.. Though I thought you HATED them?? :whistle:

I actually HAVE that Mr Big CD and My sister had the Nelson CD, so yea I heard that ALOT.. And I never knew Geoff Tate did a solo CD??? But hey, can't beat the price though, right???? :tumbsup:

And outta curiosity.. What CDs were you trying to sell that No one wanted anyways???

I figured for a quarter I'd give VR a fair shot and if it sucked then it would be trade bait (same with the Fuel disc). Unfortunately the VR album played great for the first track and then turned into a scratched, skipping clusterf*ck... I flipped the CD over and it looked like it had spent time in a gravel driveway. So that went right into the wastebasket. Truthfully the only keeper out of that whole batch will probably be the Mr. Big, as it's the only one I've gone back to listen to more than once (even tho I still absolutely freakin DESPISE "To Be With You," thankfully it's the last track so I can just hit the "STOP" button before it comes on... hahaha).

You were better off not even knowing that Geoff Tate released a solo album, by the way. Awful, simply awful.

The ones I was trying to sell at my yard sale were mostly loser promo CDs by various no-name bands that I had accumulated over the past couple of years, and that I had been unsuccessfully trying to trade off here and at another forum I hang at. Some of'em had been around so long that it was either try and sell'em or simply throw'em away and I didn't have the heart to just chuck'em.

We donated all of our leftover yard sale junk to the local Vietnam Vets chapter, who take stuff to sell at their thrift store, so away those CDs went at the end of the day along with all the other stuff. I hope they have better luck gettin rid of 'em than I did. :blink:

I figured for a quarter I'd give VR a fair shot and if it sucked then it would be trade bait (same with the Fuel disc). Unfortunately the VR album played great for the first track and then turned into a scratched, skipping clusterf*ck... I flipped the CD over and it looked like it had spent time in a gravel driveway. So that went right into the wastebasket. Truthfully the only keeper out of that whole batch will probably be the Mr. Big, as it's the only one I've gone back to listen to more than once (even tho I still absolutely freakin DESPISE "To Be With You," thankfully it's the last track so I can just hit the "STOP" button before it comes on... hahaha).

You were better off not even knowing that Geoff Tate released a solo album, by the way. Awful, simply awful.

The ones I was trying to sell at my yard sale were mostly loser promo CDs by various no-name bands that I had accumulated over the past couple of years, and that I had been unsuccessfully trying to trade off here and at another forum I hang at. Some of'em had been around so long that it was either try and sell'em or simply throw'em away and I didn't have the heart to just chuck'em.

We donated all of our leftover yard sale junk to the local Vietnam Vets chapter, who take stuff to sell at their thrift store, so away those CDs went at the end of the day along with all the other stuff. I hope they have better luck gettin rid of 'em than I did. :blink:

was NOBODY excited as I was about the journey record ! sheesh guys :(

(AHEM) Er, um...of course we were excited. Nice score Widda.

(AHEM) Er, um...of course we were excited. Nice score Widda.

thats better. :)

Happy to be of service. :lol:

I made another good buy/find a few weeks ago. I bought a small unpaid storage unit and there was a box of 150 cds, 500+ cassettes, 50 LPS. All 80s rock & newer releases from the same genre.

I few names were Doro, Glen Huges, Peter Criss, House of lords, Riot, Wasp, ect. Alot of Christin Rock Like Bride, ect. Probably the best find so far when it comes to music. For 50.00 this was a super buy for me. The only other thing in there was 2 big boxes of National Hot rod die cast cars & a couple pieces of stereo equipment.

I made another good buy/find a few weeks ago. I bought a small unpaid storage unit and there was a box of 150 cds, 500+ cassettes, 50 LPS. All 80s rock & newer releases from the same genre.

I few names were Doro, Glen Huges, Peter Criss, House of lords, Riot, Wasp, ect. Alot of Christin Rock Like Bride, ect. Probably the best find so far when it comes to music. For 50.00 this was a super buy for me. The only other thing in there was 2 big boxes of National Hot rod die cast cars & a couple pieces of stereo equipment.

a heck of a deal for $50. :party421:

• 3 months later...