SLIPKNOT Bassist Found Dead

jason (FA-Q)

Dang. First Pete Steele, then Ronnie James Dio, now this guy. Maybe there really is something to that "it always happens in threes" thing.

Anyway... never been much of a Slipknot fan but that's a shame, the guy was way too young to go. R.I.P.

Dang. First Pete Steele, then Ronnie James Dio, now this guy. Maybe there really is something to that "it always happens in threes" thing.

Anyway... never been much of a Slipknot fan but that's a shame, the guy was way too young to go. R.I.P.

I agree... I actually hate everything I have heard by Slipknot... But he was way too young.

With all the maggots crawling around on Earth it seems like the one's who bring enjoyment to so many always leave early. You can't argue with the amount of fans Slipknot has... and they seem to be pretty hardcore. Another big loss for music fans. After the loss of RJD I know how fans of Slipknot are feeling.

R.I.P.

This isn't all that surprising. I'm not sure what his particular drug-of-choice was but I expect it played a part in killing him. The only surprising thing is that either Jordison or Root didn't go before him, as they've used up all of their 9 lives by now. I'm a pretty big fan of them, they've never been blessed with huge talent but they write some pretty damn catchy songs & will no doubt continue (once the new Stone Sour disc has come out) without Gray. RIP...

And yet Brett Michaels still lives.... Where's the cosmic justice??? :angel:

Tsk tsk. Not nice.

According to DesMoinesRegister.com, an autopsy of SLIPKNOT bass player Paul Gray has revealed no cause of death, Urbandale, Iowa police said this afternoon.

The cause of death is still under investigation, and the Polk County Medical Examiner is awaiting the results of toxicology testing.

Dr. Gregory Schmunk said it could be four to six weeks before all of the test results are complete and the cause of death can be determined, according to police.

The autopsy reportedly did confirm that there was no evidence of foul play or trauma, and that Gray had been dead for several hours before his body was discovered.

This isn't all that surprising. I'm not sure what his particular drug-of-choice was but I expect it played a part in killing him. The only surprising thing is that either Jordison or Root didn't go before him, as they've used up all of their 9 lives by now. I'm a pretty big fan of them, they've never been blessed with huge talent but they write some pretty damn catchy songs & will no doubt continue (once the new Stone Sour disc has come out) without Gray. RIP...

Maybe, they did used to say that the day the masks come off (which happened yesterday) or one of them leaves and they arent 'the 9' anymore, is the day that Slipknot ends...and the last album was slated to be their final one so heres hoping they do continue....i respect their brotherhood and everything, but it'd be stupid for the band to break up because one member died :(

Maybe, they did used to say that the day the masks come off (which happened yesterday) or one of them leaves and they arent 'the 9' anymore, is the day that Slipknot ends...and the last album was slated to be their final one so heres hoping they do continue....i respect their brotherhood and everything, but it'd be stupid for the band to break up because one member died :(

Well the first time they officially took the masks off (i.e, on either cover art/promotional shot/videos) was on the "Snuff" video where Taylor dresses as a woman. None of the others have ever formally unveiled themselves, and there aren't any official pictures of the others without masks. Though seeing Taylor/Root/Jordison in their other bands they're clearly unveiled. Maybe if Taylor or Jordison had died the band might have considered calling it a day, but otherwise that would be commercial suicide...