Wicked Sensation.......New Album

Dave

Really looking forward to this one especially with Robert Soeterboek back at the helm :bananamac: ......wickedsensation-crystalized.jpg

"Crystallized" includes all the typical trademarks, which have made Wicked Sensation well known on their debut album, and flawlessly connects with the successes of the early days. Marked by the typical, strong production of Dennis Ward (Pink Cream 69), songs ranging from the driving and catchy melodic rock tune to bluesy and soulful inflected songs are featured, all which characterize the typical sound of Wicked Sensation. Again, singer Robert Soeterboek demonstrates the utmost impressive qualities of his vocal performance. Furthermore, "Crystallized" also includes a guest appearance by no other than Helloween's singer Andi Deris. With the high potential hit record "My Turn To Fly", Deris together with Robert gives this song a "certain something" to let this one for sure become a catchy hit track. Even Dutch guitarist Arjen Lucassen (Ayreon, Star One) involved himself to give the album a real rock classic with "Gimme The Night", as well as keyboarder Eric Ragno (Graham Bonnet) contributed keys on "Give It Up".

"Crystallized" impresses with a variety of first class songs, which definitely have a convincing impact. Due to the distinctive guitar playing and songwriting of Michael Klein together as a team with Robert Soeterboek and Dennis Ward, this new Wicked Sensation album will most certainly be the surprise of 2010!

http://www.metalheaven.net/soundbytes/MHV00084_WICKED_SENSATION/Wicked_Sensation_Better_World_edit.mp3 http://www.metalheaven.net/soundbytes/MHV00084_WICKED_SENSATION/Wicked_Sensation_Fistful_Of_Dreams_edit.mp3 http://www.metalheaven.net/soundbytes/MHV00084_WICKED_SENSATION/Wicked_Sensation_My_Turn_To_Fly_edit.mp3

Really looking forward to this one especially with Robert Soeterboek back at the helm :bananamac: ......wickedsensation-crystalized.jpg

"Crystallized" includes all the typical trademarks, which have made Wicked Sensation well known on their debut album, and flawlessly connects with the successes of the early days. Marked by the typical, strong production of Dennis Ward (Pink Cream 69), songs ranging from the driving and catchy melodic rock tune to bluesy and soulful inflected songs are featured, all which characterize the typical sound of Wicked Sensation. Again, singer Robert Soeterboek demonstrates the utmost impressive qualities of his vocal performance. Furthermore, "Crystallized" also includes a guest appearance by no other than Helloween's singer Andi Deris. With the high potential hit record "My Turn To Fly", Deris together with Robert gives this song a "certain something" to let this one for sure become a catchy hit track. Even Dutch guitarist Arjen Lucassen (Ayreon, Star One) involved himself to give the album a real rock classic with "Gimme The Night", as well as keyboarder Eric Ragno (Graham Bonnet) contributed keys on "Give It Up".

"Crystallized" impresses with a variety of first class songs, which definitely have a convincing impact. Due to the distinctive guitar playing and songwriting of Michael Klein together as a team with Robert Soeterboek and Dennis Ward, this new Wicked Sensation album will most certainly be the surprise of 2010!

http://www.metalheaven.net/soundbytes/MHV00084_WICKED_SENSATION/Wicked_Sensation_Better_World_edit.mp3 http://www.metalheaven.net/soundbytes/MHV00084_WICKED_SENSATION/Wicked_Sensation_Fistful_Of_Dreams_edit.mp3 http://www.metalheaven.net/soundbytes/MHV00084_WICKED_SENSATION/Wicked_Sensation_My_Turn_To_Fly_edit.mp3

Sounds promising. I really loved the debut which was amazing IMO. The second album wasn't as good, especially since Robert Soeterboek was out of the picture. He is great singer. :taz:

Haha, you guys are freakin' wildmen! IMO the second album slaughtered the debut in every single way. I am grateful and excited there is a new album out from these guys (I had assumed they broke up long ago), but I'm also severely disappointed that the mighty Fernando Garcia is no longer a part of the band. :(

Haha, you guys are freakin' wildmen! IMO the second album slaughtered the debut in every single way. I am grateful and excited there is a new album out from these guys (I had assumed they broke up long ago), but I'm also severely disappointed that the mighty Fernando Garcia is no longer a part of the band. :(

As much as I like Garcia (especially in Victory) I think Soeterboek eats Garcia for dinner. :taz:

I'm also severely disappointed that the mighty Fernando Garcia is no longer a part of the band. :(

I could not be more happier.....He's not even in the same league as Soeterboek nor is their second album compared to the mighty "Reflected"

Good news ...I enjoyed both previous releases and am looking forward to this new one.... :beerbang:

Absolutely backed !! :party421:

• 3 weeks later...

Well I have to admit that after listening to all the samples about 20 times from this album over at NEH, other than for about four songs from it, the rest of the album is just simply not doing anything for me :unsure:

I was really looking forward to this with the comparison to the debut being thrown about but to be honest, I can't even see myself even getting this now :unsure:

• 1 month later...

Fuck the reviews! This album kicks ass!!!

Backed! Whoever is doing those reviews is way off the mark. However, if you ask me, the weak link on the disc is Soeterboek. His voice just doesn't sound that great and it would have been awesome if they'd retained Garcia for this disc, which is definitely a follow-up to the more melodic second CD.

There are plenty of great songs here and I'm both surprised and delighted to see them follow on from the last album rather than try to return to the more ordinary, less melodic sound of the debut. Could barely find a dud track on this one. Aside from finding the chorus vocals irritating in the 2nd song, the rest was pretty much good stuff.

Dave, even as the enemy of melody you are these days (;)), I'm surprised you don't like this one after having a soft spot for the debut...

Agreed!

Dave, even as the enemy of melody you are these days (;)), I'm surprised you don't like this one after having a soft spot for the debut...

Mate, I played the samples time and time again wanting to like it but it just did not happen :unsure:

Fuck the reviews! This album kicks ass!!!

Backed! Whoever is doing those reviews is way off the mark. However, if you ask me, the weak link on the disc is Soeterboek. His voice just doesn't sound that great and it would have been awesome if they'd retained Garcia for this disc, which is definitely a follow-up to the more melodic second CD.

There are plenty of great songs here and I'm both surprised and delighted to see them follow on from the last album rather than try to return to the more ordinary, less melodic sound of the debut. Could barely find a dud track on this one. Aside from finding the chorus vocals irritating in the 2nd song, the rest was pretty much good stuff.

Forgive me, I was a little harsh on the vocals. The second song does have an odd chorus with an annoying vocal effect, which is not good, and starting out, his voice does sound a little rough. But as the album goes on and it all gels I did have to admit it's not bad at all and I was unfairly harsh. There were even times towards the end of the album where I picked up a faint Coverdale comparison.

So whilst I do wish Fernando Garcia was the voice of this album, there's nothing wrong with Soeterboek. I don't think this album is as good as the exceptional 'Exceptional' album, but it's light years better than the debut, imo. Good stuff.