Stabbing Westward Week

Leykis101

As I said, I get fixated on a band for some unknown reason, listen to them only, then quit, this week it's Stabbing Westward, who really are a good band who put out some original and compelling music, any other fans on here??

Haha. Had to laugh when I saw this one. I bought, I think, the s/t CD from Cash Converters ages and ages ago. Don't ask me why as I have NO idea. Either way, it must be the most abused CD I have ever owned. The CD was never in it's case for some reason and it is scratched to shit (I bet it doesn't play properly anymore) but it never worried me because from what I recall I hated it.

I love these guys. Only album I was kind of disappointed in was the last one. Kinda mellow by comparison. Love the angst in the previous ones. And Geoff, I don't believe you would have liked them.

I love these guys. Only album I was kind of disappointed in was the last one. Kinda mellow by comparison. Love the angst in the previous ones. And Geoff, I don't believe you would have liked them.

Yeah, you're right mate. As I said, not really sure why I bought it. I know it was cheap, and I guess a few members had long hair in the band photo? :lol: It was a long, long time ago when I knew no better.

I loved Stabbing Westward and the only one I have left is the self titled release from 2001 with the freaky looking chick on the cover. This album bombed badly after their previous 2 successful releases. This release was softer than previous releases, but I love it, one of my fav releases of the past decade, it would barely make my top 50 of the last decade mind you. The track Angel should have been a huge hit, amazing track, as well as the ballad I Remember, brilliant!

I loved Stabbing Westward and the only one I have left is the self titled release from 2001 with the freaky looking chick on the cover. This album bombed badly after their previous 2 successful releases. This release was softer than previous releases, but I love it, one of my fav releases of the past decade, it would barely make my top 50 of the last decade mind you. The track Angel should have been a huge hit, amazing track, as well as the ballad I Remember, brilliant!

My fave off that one was "Breathe You In"...Brilliant.

I love Wither Blister Burn + Peel, the song Shame is great! he has a real knack for expressing how fucked up chicks make our emotions get the best of us! pluse Shame and What Do I Have To Do just fucking rock!

Yes I really liked this band long ago but haven't listened to them in along time...I saw them live a couple of times (opened for KILLING JOKE I think) & they were really good...also have a concert shirt from one of the shows

Yes I really liked this band long ago but haven't listened to them in along time...I saw them live a couple of times (opened for KILLING JOKE I think) & they were really good...also have a concert shirt from one of the shows

They broke up as far as I know, the guitar player wanted to take their sound more Nu-metal like, and the singer wanted to re-introduce the industrial feel and make their songs heavier like the successful stuff they did! which imo, was when they were at their best!

I love Wither Blister Burn + Peel, the song Shame is great! he has a real knack for expressing how fucked up chicks make our emotions get the best of us! pluse Shame and What Do I Have To Do just fucking rock!

Oh for pure angst, there's no better than "Violent Mood Swings"...but my favorite is "Save Yourself".

Dude pretty much that whole Ungod cd is fucking full of rage, Violent Mood Swings, Control, Throw, etc, what a great cd! like I said, prett much a killer band, they are good talented musicians also, I don't think most people realize that they do play some more then basic stuff! I actually don't not like anything they do, But Violent Mood Swings is full of rage!!!! :party421:

Fuck~~!!! Stabbing AND KILLING JOKE??? man throw in Ministry and Nitzer Ebb and youd have one hellava show!!!

• 11 years later...

ONLY BEEN 10 YEARS AND IM IN NON STOP STABBING MODE!!!!

Thanks for making me revisit SW. Been a while and a considerably longer while since all my cds are inaccessible so no opportunity to stand and stare...

I do like this band and these songs still play well today.

Listen to SW made me think of the Portland, Oregon band Generator, that changed their name to Slowrush for their one and only debut Volume. They had a guy or 2 from the Dan Reed Network in the band and if you can find the long play they released as Generator prior to Slowrush then you get basically 2 different records.

Sorry for the hijack.

Now did J. Geils play on this one, or was this the one he was replaced by Alan Parsons?