That metal show

Guest artofmetal

Guest artofmetal

If anyone has not seen this show on vh1 classic then you must check it out. It's hosted by Eddie Trunk and a couple of comdieans/metal fans. They've got great weekly guests and discussion about all forms of metal. It's a geat show to check out every week. :headbanger:

I enjoy the show from time to time(depending on what band/artist is the guest) but I reaaaaaalllly wish they had better hosts. Eddie Trunk is a doofus and I can't stand either of his two sidekicks.

To tell you the truth I think this show is quite gay...nope don't like it.

They should dump the three morons who host it and let you and I do it, Bob. We know more about metal than all three of'em combined, and we would work cheaper too. :lol:

To tell you the truth I think this show is quite gay...nope don't like it.

They should dump the three morons who host it and let you and I do it, Bob. We know more about metal than all three of'em combined, and we would work cheaper too. :lol:

FUCKIN'-A right, the only part of that show I kind of like is when they ask the guest band thier takes on other CD's.

FUCKIN'-A right, the only part of that show I kind of like is when they ask the guest band thier takes on other CD's.

I get cruel pleasure out of "Stump the Trunk," when audience members ask Eddie various trivia questions and expose what a poser he really is. :lol:

I get cruel pleasure out of "Stump the Trunk," when audience members ask Eddie various trivia questions and expose what a poser he really is. :lol:

Me and Trunk got into a little heated e-mail war. I asked him a question about EXTREME'S SUZY WANTS HER ALL DAY SUCKER song.

I made the mistake of saying he worked at WSOU. Instead of answering my question, he wrote back and said I NEVER WORKED AT WSOU!!!

Sorry Dude!

As far as the show, I'm either too drunk or asleep to watch it...

I thought we already had a thread about this?

Anyway I still watch every show but agree that they should get different hosts besides Eddie and they should make it one hour like the one they did with Anvil and let the artists play live music for 15 minutes. I like the quiz part and the throwdown but they do without some of the stupid jokes and parts. The one last night with Joey Kramer for Aerosmith was pretty good and I'm looking forward to the one coming up with Kip Winger and Reb Beech. I would prefer them to spend more time talking to the actual guest then doing other stupid things.

Me and Trunk got into a little heated e-mail war. I asked him a question about EXTREME'S SUZY WANTS HER ALL DAY SUCKER song.

I made the mistake of saying he worked at WSOU. Instead of answering my question, he wrote back and said I NEVER WORKED AT WSOU!!!

Sorry Dude!

People have been picking on Trunk for years and years. He used to work at WDHA (Cedar Grove) back in the '80s. They had a metal show on Fridays or Saturdays (I don't remember which now) called "METAL MANIA" and Eddie would come on at midnight to report the "metal news." Once in a while if the regular Metal Mania DJ had off he'd host the whole show, and people would always call up and rank on him. I remember listening to the show one night and he put a caller on the air like "Do you have a request?" and the guy went "Dude, you're a poser" and hung up on him :rofl:

After that he got a gig at MegaForce Records, which eventually led to his current radio and VH1 hosting duties. I guess in that regard, he's the Luckiest Metal Fanboy on the planet.

Sorry Dude!

People have been picking on Trunk for years and years. He used to work at WDHA (Cedar Grove) back in the '80s. They had a metal show on Fridays or Saturdays (I don't remember which now) called "METAL MANIA" and Eddie would come on at midnight to report the "metal news." Once in a while if the regular Metal Mania DJ had off he'd host the whole show, and people would always call up and rank on him. I remember listening to the show one night and he put a caller on the air like "Do you have a request?" and the guy went "Dude, you're a poser" and hung up on him :rofl:

After that he got a gig at MegaForce Records, which eventually led to his current radio and VH1 hosting duties. I guess in that regard, he's the Luckiest Metal Fanboy on the planet.

I think I first remember seeing his name on Ace's solo discs in the 80's from when he was with Megaforce records.

I think I first remember seeing his name on Ace's solo discs in the 80's from when he was with Megaforce records.

Yea, apparently ole Eddie was instrumental in getting Frehley's Comet signed to MegaForce in the first place. Ace was supposed to come out with an album on Bronze Records (Motorhead's then-label) around '82 or '83 but they went out of business before anything could be recorded. Supposedly Eddie talked Jon Zazula (MegaForce head honcho) into signing Ace... Jon was apparently never a KISS fan so he needed to be convinced!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Eddie Trunk is a mental midget and his sidekicks are short bus drivers. Terrible show that could be great.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been aware of the show from the start but only started watching some episodes this summer. The hosts irritate me somewhat, but I can't think of any hosts I would be really happy with for a show like this, except actual metal musicians.

I am rather torn between finding the show interesting and my disdain of metal commercialization...

Latest news is that when "That Metal Show" comes back in September for its new season, each episode will be an hour long instead of a half hour. I'm like "Oh boy. A whole extra 30 minutes of Eddie The Pillsbury Metal Boy and his two irritating sidekicks, continuing to be unfunny? Sign me up." :rofl2:

Latest news is that when "That Metal Show" comes back in September for its new season, each episode will be an hour long instead of a half hour. I'm like "Oh boy. A whole extra 30 minutes of Eddie The Pillsbury Metal Boy and his two irritating sidekicks, continuing to be unfunny? Sign me up." :rofl2:

While I don't love the hosts and would prefer someone else from the scene co-hosting with Eddie I do like that their going to a hour since IMO they didn't seem to have enough time to interview the guests and would be nice to have the bands play a few songs as part of the format as well like they did with Anvil.

• 1 month later...

The season premiere of "The Pillsbury Metal Boy and the Two Unfunny Doofuses" -- er, I mean, "That Metal Show" -- is this Saturday.

The season premiere of "The Pillsbury Metal Boy and the Two Unfunny Doofuses" -- er, I mean, "That Metal Show" -- is this Saturday.

Not only that but the show is now one hour for the entire season and there will be multiple guests per episode and even better yet this Saturdays premiere is the DIO tribute episode with Heaven&Hell, Wendy Dio and others on hand. :headbanger:

• 2023 Gold Donors

Not only that but the show is now one hour for the entire season and there will be multiple guests per episode and even better yet this Saturdays premiere is the DIO tribute episode with Heaven&Hell, Wendy Dio and others on hand. :headbanger:

Didn't know about the Dio thing,thanks for the heads up on this..sounds very cool.

The DIO tribute was very cool and I enjoyed the hour long format and also like the "Guitarist of the Week" addition as well.

For anyone that liked "The Last in LIVE" shirt Eddie was wearing they just added it to Ronnie's new webstore - http://officialronniejamesdiowebstore.com/content/

There all kinds of cool tshirts and there adding more every day and just added a vintage Sacred Heart tshirt(although it's priced to high).