Monday Night Wars 2?

hsf

Other than the WWE PPVs each month, I have not watched wrestling (WWE or TNA television programming) in 3 or 4 months. (And that was usually a few minutes of Raw for probably the last half year or year.)

But, in reading online, it came to my attention that something was brewing in wrestling.

I knew Hogan was signed to TNA, in what was termed a "non-wrestling" capacity. Didn't make much difference. Even when it was announced that they would be airing live, head-to-head, a 3-hour Impact vs. the 2-hour Raw, didn't much care.

But, when Vince took it seriously enough to enter into negotiations with Bret Hart (and to entice him enough to consider coming back), that got my attention. Bret was a favorite over a decade ago and I'd love to see him come back and, if nothing else, finally have a resolution to the "Montreal Screwjob". (And see how Vince would exploit it.)

Now, I hear rumors that Hogan wants to do away with the 6-sided ring, at least for the 4th has gotten back Sean Waltman and Scott Hall (if Hall shows up/is in any kind of shape/isn't drunk on the air). Then I read rumors (I stress RUMORS) of additional names that may show up in TNA: Paul Heyman (possibly THE most important name), Mr. Kennedy, RVD, maybe Tommy Dreamer (can't appear on air, but having him in a backstage capacity would have to be HUGE for TNA). Not to mention, rumors of the return of Angelina Love.

I'll actually be tuned in to TNA at 8:00 Monday night and then RAW at 9, at least to see Bret. But, if TNA is better, I'll head back there.

Anyone else hear about/interested in wrestling tomorrow night?

I've seen many commercials about the return of Hogan on the 4th and wasn't suprised that he probably needed the money due to his divorce and loss of tv show revenue and the legal situation with his son.

Now when I saw a commercial a couple of days ago about Bret Hart returning to the WWE my mouth hit the floor. He is the one guy that I thought would NEVER EVER EVER come back but either time heals old wounds or money talks and I'm better on the later.

Now if it's true about Hall and X-pac returning then I HAVE to watch this as I was a huge fan of those guys back in WCW with Nash being my fav of all time.

I to had lost all interest in wrestling over the last several years and only watch TNA from time to time and most of that is to see if Nash and Sting is still around. As for WWE I've been bored with it for years, probably due to not knowing many of the newer younger guys.

So why can't Dreamer get in the ring? Did he have a bad injury or something?

Also where has RVD been since he got fired from WWE? And where is Sabu and Shane Douglas these days?

^ As best as I know, it's reported (not by TNA necessarily) that Waltman and Hall are signed. TNA signing update

Douglas was back in TNA in the middle of 2009 for what seemed like a cup of coffee (and jobbing to the TNA guys: Styles & Daniels). I think he is (or was) back in teaching or something too.

Sabu, the last I remember hearing, was supposed to wrestle at some indy event and was hurt and didn't wrestle. But, I couldn't tell you when or where.

RVD, I thought, was comfortable with his money and his comic book store in CA. Also, I thought he needed some time to care for his wife, who was dealing with cancer/chemo, I think. Though, he's been back to the WWE a few times. (Vs. Santino, at WM or RR or some PPV.)

^ As best as I know, it's reported (not by TNA necessarily) that Waltman and Hall are signed. TNA signing update

Douglas was back in TNA in the middle of 2009 for what seemed like a cup of coffee (and jobbing to the TNA guys: Styles & Daniels). I think he is (or was) back in teaching or something too.

Sabu, the last I remember hearing, was supposed to wrestle at some indy event and was hurt and didn't wrestle. But, I couldn't tell you when or where.

RVD, I thought, was comfortable with his money and his comic book store in CA. Also, I thought he needed some time to care for his wife, who was dealing with cancer/chemo, I think. Though, he's been back to the WWE a few times. (Vs. Santino, at WM or RR or some PPV.)

I did see Douglas in TNA sometime earler this year I think.

I remember the whole stink with Sabu and RVD when they were with WWE when they were stopped for possession(I think) but wasn't sure what happened to them. It's just to bad those two along with many others from the great days of ECW were given a chance to be in WCW and WWF when ratings were great. Most of those old guys in ECW did eventually get a chance but very few seeme to find success like they did in ECW. Like one of my favs Taz, who was the shit in ECW but looked like a shrimp compared to the rest of the WWE guys, although he's done well for himself as an announcer.

^Taz is one of the more interesting cases of "what if".

If Taz hadn't had accumulated injuries, particularly to his neck, what would the WWE have done with him? (Although, if Vince's squashing of Taz by HHH when Taz went back to ECW and took the belt from Mike Awesome was any indication, apparently not much.)

I know Taz was much smaller than many other WWE competitors, but if they had shown footage of his ECW dominance and kept that up, he could have been a vicious heel, if nothing else a good contender for the WWE Title/WHC.

^Taz is one of the more interesting cases of "what if".

If Taz hadn't had accumulated injuries, particularly to his neck, what would the WWE have done with him? (Although, if Vince's squashing of Taz by HHH when Taz went back to ECW and took the belt from Mike Awesome was any indication, apparently not much.)

I know Taz was much smaller than many other WWE competitors, but if they had shown footage of his ECW dominance and kept that up, he could have been a vicious heel, if nothing else a good contender for the WWE Title/WHC.

Taz was awesome and for me part of his mystique was his intrance song "War Machine" by Kiss but of course when he came to the WWE he couldn't have that tune and it was a whole different vibe. Plus as you said he was smaller but for some reason in the smaller ECW arenas he seemed God like and just plain awesome. I was so pumped when he came over and then it seemed like overnight that he was announcing and his in ring career was over. It was such a shame to see him a suit and tie after you were used to him being this badass guy from the streets of New York.

McMahon certainly dropped the ball with Taz, small in stature for sure but huge in attitude and precense IMO.

Gotta say, that was pretty surreal. Bret and Vince in the ring together on WWE (never thought we'd see that again) and at the same time, the nWO beating the crap outta Mic Foley on TNA. :P

Gotta say, that was pretty surreal. Bret and Vince in the ring together on WWE (never thought we'd see that again) and at the same time, the nWO beating the crap outta Mic Foley on TNA. :P

I liked the NWO angle but don't know how long they can carry that on without it getting old.

But it's so awesome seeing Nash and Hall back on TV together.

How awesome was that match between Angle and Styles?

It almost made me think back of the awesome battles that Benoit and Booker T used to have in WCW.

It was great seeing Hart back in WWE/WWF.

I wonder if he'll be back for another angle or if this was just a one shot deal.

Well I watched both RAW and Impact.. and I gotta say.. While TNA had it's moments?? RAW was the better show.. By FAR!!! I Mean Hogan's BIG speech about doing things "The right way" Then to end the show with an nWo style beat down of Mick Foley?? Gee, deja vu anyone??? Yea Impact got a 1.5 rating last night.. I would bet RAW got at least a 3.0 or so..... Also did anyone notice 2 of the matches they hyped at the beginning NEVER happened due to backstage beat downs?? Way to let the fans down.... I was looking forward to a barbed wire massacre match too....

I don't think TNA is ready to go head to head with RAW just yet....... Maybe in a few years, but not right now.....

Other than Bret/Shawn and Bret/Vince (and, Bret/Jericho), I didn't see much redeeming value in Raw (although, admittedly, I didn't watch it exclusively).

That said, other than Angle/AJ, I was thoroughly UNimpressed with TNA. Yeah, they pulled out a bunch of names (very few big ones or ones that would/will matter). Orlando Jordan? The Nasty Boys? Val Venis? Where the hell was Brutus Beefcake?

I don't know what Hogan thinks this NWO stuff is going to add. Waltman looks exactly like the last time we saw him (on VH1 when Chyna was in the Celebreality house or whatever it was called?), but Hall looks like utter shit! If they're going to do ANYTHING else with him, they need to throw his bloated, drunk ass in rehab and get him in shape. Get rid of a lot of those other fossils. Use Hardy (and Shannon Moore, who I heard they signed as well). Rely on the guys that built the company. (Oh, and let JJ fuck up Hogan with a million guitar shots. That'll guaranteed get me to watch!)

From what I understand, Bret signed a contract through WM. I've also read, though not on any wrestling/rumor website, that there's a one-match clause in his contract. I feel bad though. Even if Bret does one match with someone who promises to protect him, there's virtually no way he can take a head shot with ANY amount of safety for his future quality of life, meaning it would probably be an absolute shit-fest. I think that's why, after the boot to the stomach (and why it was a boot to the stomach and not a clothesline while he was holding one of his arms), Vince didn't follow up with any other attack on the Hitman.

It was pretty awesome, whether it was fake or not, seeing him and Shawn shake hands/hug, after that long. (I wonder what they could have done if they'd been able to do that 5-10 years ago.) It really did seem like Shawn was genuinely touched.

Other than Bret/Shawn and Bret/Vince (and, Bret/Jericho), I didn't see much redeeming value in Raw (although, admittedly, I didn't watch it exclusively).

That said, other than Angle/AJ, I was thoroughly UNimpressed with TNA. Yeah, they pulled out a bunch of names (very few big ones or ones that would/will matter). Orlando Jordan? The Nasty Boys? Val Venis? Where the hell was Brutus Beefcake?

I don't know what Hogan thinks this NWO stuff is going to add. Waltman looks exactly like the last time we saw him (on VH1 when Chyna was in the Celebreality house or whatever it was called?), but Hall looks like utter shit! If they're going to do ANYTHING else with him, they need to throw his bloated, drunk ass in rehab and get him in shape. Get rid of a lot of those other fossils. Use Hardy (and Shannon Moore, who I heard they signed as well). Rely on the guys that built the company. (Oh, and let JJ fuck up Hogan with a million guitar shots. That'll guaranteed get me to watch!)

From what I understand, Bret signed a contract through WM. I've also read, though not on any wrestling/rumor website, that there's a one-match clause in his contract. I feel bad though. Even if Bret does one match with someone who promises to protect him, there's virtually no way he can take a head shot with ANY amount of safety for his future quality of life, meaning it would probably be an absolute shit-fest. I think that's why, after the boot to the stomach (and why it was a boot to the stomach and not a clothesline while he was holding one of his arms), Vince didn't follow up with any other attack on the Hitman.

It was pretty awesome, whether it was fake or not, seeing him and Shawn shake hands/hug, after that long. (I wonder what they could have done if they'd been able to do that 5-10 years ago.) It really did seem like Shawn was genuinely touched.

Yea I forget to mention how TERRIBLE Scott Hall looked.. Damn His face is all bloated and shit.. Get His ass into rehab and then into a gym to get back in shape.....

I would also pay to see JJ Hit Hogan about a million times with a guitar.. That would make Me smile.. Defenitely..... :tumbsup:

And I Heard Bret is gonna meet Vince at WM in a Street Fight, cause He really can't handle a straight wrestling match, but a brawl?? Yea He can do that, long as there's NO shots to His head, and I think Vince would understand that.....

And I think RAW beat TNA Impact just on that first segment with Bret and Shawn.. That was a long time coming and I was VERY happy to see those two finally bury the hatchet.....

The numbers are in; while I figured WWE would win head to head easily, TNA still pulled in its biggest audience EVER (directly opposite the competition too), so TNA, as well as Spike TV, have to be happy about that.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/01/05/tna-i...aw-anyway/37759

I have a terrific idea, lets start the E.O.H.F. the Elderly-Over the Hill Federation, throw all these geezers into it, and stick it on at 3am, maybe on Lifetime! that way I dont got see em anymore! the only ones I care about are TheSandman and Super Crazy

What is wrong with Bret's head?

It's been so long since I followed this stuff I can't remember what happened to him.

It's been so long since I followed this stuff I can't remember what happened to him.

http://wrestlinggonewrong.com/video/goldbe...cks_hitman.html

The kick itself wasn't that vicious, but when he landed, his head smacked the ring mat pretty damn hard. This, along with the sharpshooter around the ringpost spot in which his head hit the concrete floor, left him pretty messed up.

and then, there was the stroke: http://slam.canoe.ca/SlamWrestlingArchive2...2_hart-sun.html

http://wrestlinggonewrong.com/video/goldbe...cks_hitman.html

The kick itself wasn't that vicious, but when he landed, his head smacked the ring mat pretty damn hard. This, along with the sharpshooter around the ringpost spot in which his head hit the concrete floor, left him pretty messed up.

and then, there was the stroke: http://slam.canoe.ca/SlamWrestlingArchive2...2_hart-sun.html

Damn I don't remember any of that and I was still watching WCW back in 1999 and even a few years later.