~ DIRTY LOOKS ~

LV KIX

Good news for Dirty Looks fans...

The first 3 original Indie DIRTY LOOKS albums on CD for the first time.

DIRTY LOOKS, IN YOUR FACE, & I WANT MORE Remastered with new cover art and never before seen photos.

For those of you who haven't heard these... check them out.

The first release... "Dirty Looks" is full of great rock tunes.

The second release... "In Your Face" contains songs that would later show up on the "Cool From The Wire" release plus a few other cool songs.

The third release... "I Want More" also contains some of the same songs as "In Your Face" plus a few extra. Different versions.

All of these releases were recorded in hopes to get noticed by a major label. That is why some of the same songs show up on each.

Each of these releases have different members involved. Jack Pyers appears on the latter 2. The "I Want More" release has the "classic" Dirty Looks line-up: Henrik, Gene Barnett, Paul Lidel, and Jack Pyers... This is the line-up that recorded "Cool From The Wire" and "Turn Of The Screw" on Atlantic.

Should be able to order on Jan. 7th 2010 here -----> http://www.dirtylooksmusic.com/merchandise.shtml

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did anyone order these 3 cd's and listen to them yet? The samples from FNA records do not sound much better than the MP3's I already have. I'll probably order them this weekend to put them into the official Jeff's Dirty Looks collection but I was hoping they would really sound good. Anyone?

Did anyone order these 3 cd's and listen to them yet? The samples from FNA records do not sound much better than the MP3's I already have. I'll probably order them this weekend to put them into the official Jeff's Dirty Looks collection but I was hoping they would really sound good. Anyone?

Shoot, forgot all about this! I just placed my order for all three. :headbanger:

Shoot, forgot all about this! I just placed my order for all three. :headbanger:

It wouldn't let me log in so I am still waiting for them to send me an email so I can login and place my order.

Why did you break their server Rick?

It wouldn't let me log in so I am still waiting for them to send me an email so I can login and place my order.

Why did you break their server Rick?

I didn't even log in to order. I just ordered without creating an account. Maybe that's what broke it. :lol:

I decided yesterday afternoon it was because you were not just Rick, but you are Evil Rick.

Seriously though, I did end up getting a message from the website admin and they got it straightened out and I placed my order as well. Not sure how I missed the fact that you didn't need a login to order as that seemed to be the path it took me. Anyway, all is good.

I was looking at those 3 Tora Tora cd's with demo's etc, I am gonna check out the samples and consider those.

Well I received all three cd's yesterday. This is my first time dealing with this company and I was surprised with the very fast shipping and album artwork quality. But as I mentioned, while "I Want More" and "In Your Face" are jewel case cd's with artwork and lyrics, the S/T for some reason is a digipack with the lyrics printed directly on the pack itself. Also, I found it a bit strange that the special thanks weren't written by the band but by F&A Records. Huh? I'm not sure I understand that.

Each album has bonus tracks which is great! The S/T has the all four songs from DL's first EP, "I Want More" has two bonus tracks and "In Your Face" has one bonus track. I haven't gotten a chance to listen to any of the bonus tracks so I have no idea if they are new songs or old ones. It also states on the website that all three albums have been "remastered", however, I compared the mp3's I have of the S/T to the "remastered" versions on the cd and the only difference I noticed was the cd tracks are louder. That being said, it is nice for these three albums to see the light of day on cd, something I never thought would happen. Overall I'm very happy with the product and very thankful these have been made available to the public.

Well I received all three cd's yesterday. This is my first time dealing with this company and I was surprised with the very fast shipping and album artwork quality. But as I mentioned, while "I Want More" and "In Your Face" are jewel case cd's with artwork and lyrics, the S/T for some reason is a digipack with the lyrics printed directly on the pack itself. Also, I found it a bit strange that the special thanks weren't written by the band but by F&A Records. Huh? I'm not sure I understand that.

Each album has bonus tracks which is great! The S/T has the all four songs from DL's first EP, "I Want More" has two bonus tracks and "In Your Face" has one bonus track. I haven't gotten a chance to listen to any of the bonus tracks so I have no idea if they are new songs or old ones. It also states on the website that all three albums have been "remastered", however, I compared the mp3's I have of the S/T to the "remastered" versions on the cd and the only difference I noticed was the cd tracks are louder. That being said, it is nice for these three albums to see the light of day on cd, something I never thought would happen. Overall I'm very happy with the product and very thankful these have been made available to the public.

Thanks for the update! Maybe I can expect a nice pack of DL cd's in my mailbox today as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I just heard their current bass player, Greg Pianka, was killed in a bar.

The media called it a bar-room fight but I read this post on Blabbermouth which explains exactly what occurred.

"Greg was a beautiful person and an amazing musician. I was privileged enough to accompany him to the recording studio in November to record the new album I.C.U. with Dirty Looks. We had the time of our lives! Tragically, I accompanied him the night he passed away where I held him in my arms. We have a love for each other that is heaven sent. As I read postings on the internet I find assumptions that people make about what happened that night very interesting so I thought I would post what I know and maybe clear some things up. This incident was not what we perceive as a "bar fight". The perpetrator was well know and liked by us. There was no fight between him and Greg and neither one were drunk. If you think you’re confused you should be me! This man snapped that night for reasons unbeknownst to me and Greg just so happened to be there. The perpetrator went in a back room and pulled out a knife in which he stood still in a stance position. Initially, Greg was no where near the man and did not see him with a knife but once he did, Greg then started screaming at him about having a knife in public especially around "his girl". Greg confronted him about this knife and as fast as he walked up to him, the man took one very intentional, calculated death shot to his heart. It was an extremely freakish, malicious act in which none of us were prepared for, including Greg. He gets to spend eternity in heaven and I will be there with him someday to celebrate our life and happiness forever. I try and look for the good in this world because sometimes the devil clouts our lives with the evil but this new album is awesome and I encourage everyone to listen to it when it comes out. Greg even has a song he wrote on the album. We all love and miss you very much Gregory Pianka!"

RIP Greg.