Eonian Records - Cds skipping?

heaven&hell

This isn't to bad mouth Eonian in any way since I've bought everything they've released and love what they're doing.

However on the new Dr. Grind disc "Speechless", the title track(track 5) skips when it gets to the 5:58 mark and it's brand new.

Also my Shake City disc on the track "Submarine"(track 5) has bad spot on it to.

Not sure if this is an isolated incident and I'm the only unlucky bastard out there that this has happened to. I haven't read about anyone else having this issue so it might just be me. Before anyone asks this has happened in both my car stereo and my stereo in my house.

I guess I can go back to NEH where I bought them but I don't think it's their fault but maybe they'll let me send them back for new replacements.

So I guess I'm alone on this one? :blink:

Or maybe no one reads my threads? :unsure:

I read your threads but I don't have any of Eonian's CDs so I can't help ya...

Doesn't the Eonian guy post here? Maybe you oughta PM him about the problem and see if he'll hook you up with replacements.

So I guess I'm alone on this one? :blink:

Or maybe no one reads my threads? :unsure:

I read your threads but I don't have any of Eonian's CDs so I can't help ya...

Doesn't the Eonian guy post here? Maybe you oughta PM him about the problem and see if he'll hook you up with replacements.

Suicide as in Suicide Graphics I believe does the artwork but I don't think he is the owner.

I will have them all when the last 4 arrive this week, but I have the same thing with the Shake City CD. I just assume it's a skip in the master tape?

I've got both discs you mentioned & haven't noticed any skips. I'll double check again this evening, though. Have you tried playing them on a different player (car)?

Yeah as I mentioned in my first post it skips in both my home stereo and my car stereo.

I at first thought maybe something was wrong with my home stereo but I tried in the car stereo yesterday and same problem.

I will have them all when the last 4 arrive this week, but I have the same thing with the Shake City CD. I just assume it's a skip in the master tape?

So the Shake City problem isn't just with my disc then.

Nah, I really doubt it. It seriously just sounds like a small mishap in the recording rather than a problem with the actual physical disc itself. I just take it that when you're playing around with the old unearthed recordings Eonian offers you're going to get a few blemishes here and there in these old tapes.

Nah, I really doubt it. It seriously just sounds like a small mishap in the recording rather than a problem with the actual physical disc itself. I just take it that when you're playing around with the old unearthed recordings Eonian offers you're going to get a few blemishes here and there in these old tapes.

Now that you say that I think you're right and it's not an actual skip but as you said something wrong with the master, which is a shame as it's one of my fav tracks on the disc.

The Dr. Grind however is most definately a skip and it won't let the cd go any further without me either fast forwarding the song or skipping to the next track. Again this is a shame since it is one of my fav songs on the disc as well.

Now that you say that I think you're right and it's not an actual skip but as you said something wrong with the master, which is a shame as it's one of my fav tracks on the disc.

The Dr. Grind however is most definately a skip and it won't let the cd go any further without me either fast forwarding the song or skipping to the next track. Again this is a shame since it is one of my fav songs on the disc as well.

Yeah, that definitely sounds like a skip to me, cousin. I'll let you know when I get mine how it goes.

A big thanks to Suicide and Stephen Craig from Eonian for offering to help me out with replacement discs for both the Dr. Grind and Shake City. :drink:

Also thanks to Mike Mcpherson from NEH for responding as well and offering to help out. :drink:

Both companies seem to have stand up individuals running them and it's appreciated and I'll continue to buy all Eonian titles and continue to make most of my orders through NEH. :bowdown: