Ken Ober, Host of MTV's Remote Control, dies at 52...

Dark Star

That was a great show.... He was so young too. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends

Does anyone remember the episode with Dizzy Dean from Britny Fox?

He looked like a moron on that show.

...possibly because Dizzy Dean was, by all accounts, really a moron? :P

But anyway... WOW, this is sad news. I frickin LOVED "Remote Control," it was my favorite damn show when it was current.

When I was in college one of my journalism classes took a trip to MTV studios in New York one afternoon to watch them tape a few episodes of the show. I had a great time, but was bummed when we got there and I found out that my dream girl, co-hostess Kari Wuhrer (who I'd been dreaming about seeing in the flesh for weeks prior) had been replaced by a new girl :yikes: ... who wasn't bad eye candy either, of course, but I had my heart set on seeing/stalking Kari. :lol:

I always wanted to be a contestant on that show... Dark Star will back me up here, any time we watched that damn show together I'd know pretty much every frickin answer, I coulda smoked everybody!!!

R.I.P. Ken ... I will always have fond memories of the short time I spent on Whoopingcough Lane!!!

For those who don't remember, Adam Sandler and Denis Leary were both regulars on "Remote Control" at the start of their careers... Sandler played "Stud Boy" (as well as other characters) and Leary was "Quinn's Brudda"

ADAM SANDLER and DENIS LEARY have paid tribute to U.S. TV personality KEN OBER, who died on Sunday (15Nov09).

Ober was found dead at his Santa Monica, California home, aged 52. His cause of death was unknown as WENN went to press.

The actor and former game show host was best known for his presenting duties on MTV show "Remote Control" from 1987 to 1990.

The game show launched the careers of Sandler and Leary, and they have been quick to pay tribute to their mentor.

Sandler says, "Ken Ober was one of the sharpest, quickest, sweetest guys I ever met. He was always a great friend and I will miss him very much."

Leary echoed his pal's sentiments, adding, "Kenny Ober was and always will be the quickest wit in the room. As the star and host of Remote Control, he was a welcoming ringmaster who helped to kickstart the careers of numerous talents, including Adam Sandler, Colin Quinn and myself. He will be remembered always by each of his friends not only for his massive talent but for his true, deep and enduring friendship."

Ober is survived by his mother, father, stepmother and a brother.

For those who don't remember, Adam Sandler and Denis Leary were both regulars on "Remote Control" at the start of their careers... Sandler played "Stud Boy" (as well as other characters) and Leary was "Quinn's Brudda"

ADAM SANDLER and DENIS LEARY have paid tribute to U.S. TV personality KEN OBER, who died on Sunday (15Nov09).

Ober was found dead at his Santa Monica, California home, aged 52. His cause of death was unknown as WENN went to press.

The actor and former game show host was best known for his presenting duties on MTV show "Remote Control" from 1987 to 1990.

The game show launched the careers of Sandler and Leary, and they have been quick to pay tribute to their mentor.

Sandler says, "Ken Ober was one of the sharpest, quickest, sweetest guys I ever met. He was always a great friend and I will miss him very much."

Leary echoed his pal's sentiments, adding, "Kenny Ober was and always will be the quickest wit in the room. As the star and host of Remote Control, he was a welcoming ringmaster who helped to kickstart the careers of numerous talents, including Adam Sandler, Colin Quinn and myself. He will be remembered always by each of his friends not only for his massive talent but for his true, deep and enduring friendship."

Ober is survived by his mother, father, stepmother and a brother.

I do remember both Adam Sandler and Dennis Leary on the show and they were both great on there as was Quinn. What a great show that should of lasted longer.

I do remember both Adam Sandler and Dennis Leary on the show and they were both great on there as was Quinn. What a great show that should of lasted longer.

When Denis Leary started getting attention a few years later for his Nike commercials ("I think you hear me knockin', I think I'm comin' in, and I'm bringing Bo and his big bad hip with me!") and his NO CURE FOR CANCER standup album I had a feeling that I knew him from someplace but couldn't remember where at first. When it finally hit me that he was the guy who'd played "Quinn's Brudda" from "Remote Control," I was like "holy sh*t, I saw that guy when he was nobody!" Haha.

Oh I thought you ment Keith Olberman, that newscaster who, at least tries, even though he has no leg to stand on, and his quick wit is becoming old and wasted! he should stick to sports! As he will NEVER!!! touch Fox News ratings, or even put a dent in them!!