My All-Time List of Concerts I have seen

John Drake

I wasn't going to post the ones I have seen. But I saw some of your lists of concerts you wished you had seen, and thought you guys might like to see the ones I've seen.

Early 80s - The Ink Spots

1983 - America (after they released A View From The Ground)(this was my favorite time i've seen them)

Livingston Taylor was the opening act (He's James Taylor's brother)

1985 - REO Speedwagon (Wheels Are Tourin')(my favorite time I've seen them)

Cheap Trick was the opening act.

1985 - The Romantics (worst concert I had ever seen - the sound was bad and they had a circular lighted stage for the drummer which blinded the audience when he would hit the bass drum...which was every two seconds)

1986 - Loverboy (Lovin' Every Minute Tour)

The Hooters were the opening act.

1986 - The Monkees (the reunion tour)

Herman's Hermits were the opening act.

1987 - Bryan Adams (Into The Fire Tour)

The Hooters were the opening act.

1987 - Pointer Sisters (Hot Together Tour)

1987 - America

1988 - REO Speedwagon - They had a new drummer, and this was the last year Gary Richrath toured.

1989 - Pointer Sisters

John Pinette (comedian) was the opening act.

1990 - Whitesnake (Slip Of The Tongue Tour)(In my opinion this was the best lineup they ever had)

Bad English was the opening act

1991 - Buddy Guy

John Campbell was the opening act.

1992 - Bryan Adams (Waking Up The Neighbors Tour)

The Storm was the opening act.

1993 - Clint Black and Wynonna (I bought the tickets because a girlfriend liked them, so don't hold this concert against me)

1993 - Crystal Gayle

Shawn Camp was the opening act.

1994 - Bryan Adams

1996 - America

1997 - ZZ Top (Rhythmeen Tour)

1997 - REO Speedwagon (Building The Bridge Tour)

1998 - America

1998 - Rick Springfield

1999 - America

2000 - KISS (the Farewell Tour)(the second stop of the tour)(even though KISS has done about 32 retirement tours since then, this was the last tour with all four original members)

Ted Nugent was the opening act. (Skid Row was supposed to be there too, but they never showed up. We were wondering where Skid Row was when the guitar tech walked to the stage and started tuning up and doing the typical "hey, I'll never be famous so why don't I play a song". He played one song. The sound was so bad. He started playing another song, about one minute later I realized this wasn't the guitar tech this was Ted Nugent because I recognized Cat Scratch Fever)

2000 - Rick Springfield

2001 - REO Speedwagon

2002 - Chuck Berry

2002 - Rick Springfield

2002 - Eddie Money

Survivor and Loverboy were the opening acts.

2003 - Journey, Styx, REO (this was the Red13 tour for Journey, they had the first Perry soundalike with them, it was the Cyclorama tour for Styx)

2003 - Gary Hoey

2004 - Loverboy

2004 - Styx

2004 - Van Halen (this was last stop on the tour for the Hagar version of VH)

2004 - Gary Hoey

2005 - Rick Springfield

2005 - Jonny Lang

Buddy Guy was the opening act.

2005 - John Mellencamp

John Fogerty was the opening act.

2005 - The Blasters

2006 - REO Speedwagon

2006 - The Blasters

2007 - Rick Springfield

Patty Smyth And Scandal and Eddie Money were the opening acts.

2007 - The Tubes

1990 - Whitesnake (Slip Of The Tongue Tour)(In my opinion this was the best lineup they ever had)

Bad English was the opening act

1992 - Bryan Adams (Waking Up The Neighbors Tour)

The Storm was the opening act.

Man I would have loved to be at those concerts!!!! So jealous!!!!

That's the reason I made the list Farenheit. I sort of remember the topic of concerts missed somewhere, and I think I remember you mentioning a couple. I thought "hey I seen those" and thought maybe people would like to see my list.

The reason I could remember them was I kept the used tickets from each one. I keep them in a 3 1/2 X 5 photo book.

That's the reason I made the list Farenheit. I sort of remember the topic of concerts missed somewhere, and I think I remember you mentioning a couple. I thought "hey I seen those" and thought maybe people would like to see my list.

The reason I could remember them was I kept the used tickets from each one. I keep them in a 3 1/2 X 5 photo book.

Very nice list John, I`ve kept all my concert tickets since I saw the Scorpions in 1980! :tumbsup:

• 1 month later...

I have kept most if not all of my concert stubs since I saw KISS and New England back in '79 on the Dynasty tour. One of the best shows I remember was Queensryche opening for Def Leppard in '88 on the 2nd leg of the Hysteria tour. On the first leg, Tesla opened. Cool shows. Weirdest pairing had to be Type O Negative opening for Queensryche in '95.