Trade gone wrong - Help appriated!

Hi all,

I usually don't write long post but I thought I needed the write one tonight.

As most of you know I have a posted a new trade list here and on the Melodic Rock web page as well. Yoo may also have noticed that I'm after the Saxon album Innocence is no excuse. A french lad (I don't think he is a member here, he propably saw the post over at MR) contacted me and said he had the Innocence album and Twisted Sister Love is for suckers. I told him that I was interested in the Saxon album. I had already got the Ts album from Bob here. I had traded successfully with this guy before so thought it was nit going to be a problem.

We agreed on a trade including the Saxon album and two other cd:s I found at his web page. After a week I recieved the package from him. I was really surprised that it didn't contain the Innocence is no excuse cd. Instead it contained the Crusader album by the same artist. This is an album a didn't want. I sent him an email asking why it did'nt contain the correct Saxon cd. He said he made a misstake. He didn't have the Innocence album. He thought I was after the Crusader album all along. He told me to chose another album from his web page and keep the crusader album because of his misstake. I thought it was strange how he could have missread my post and both me and himself wrote the Innocence is no xcuse album in the email conversation at least five times.

I could not find a cd I did'nt have or want so I told him that he had to sort out a copy of the Innocence album or we should cancel the deal and send the cd:s back. Now he has not answered me in five days (he is usually quick to answer) and I'm starting to get annoyed.

Did I do the correct thing to demand him to find me a copy of the Innocence album. Does anyone else have any other advice how to sort this mess.

Oh my good what a long post, Almost the same lenth as the Bible.

Hi all,

I usually don't write long post but I thought I needed the write one tonight.

As most of you know I have a posted a new trade list here and on the Melodic Rock web page as well. Yoo may also have noticed that I'm after the Saxon album Innocence is no excuse. A french lad (I don't think he is a member here, he propably saw the post over at MR) contacted me and said he had the Innocence album and Twisted Sister Love is for suckers. I told him that I was interested in the Saxon album. I had already got the Ts album from Bob here. I had traded successfully with this guy before so thought it was nit going to be a problem.

We agreed on a trade including the Saxon album and two other cd:s I found at his web page. After a week I recieved the package from him. I was really surprised that it didn't contain the Innocence is no excuse cd. Instead it contained the Crusader album by the same artist. This is an album a didn't want. I sent him an email asking why it did'nt contain the correct Saxon cd. He said he made a misstake. He didn't have the Innocence album. He thought I was after the Crusader album all along. He told me to chose another album from his web page and keep the crusader album because of his misstake. I thought it was strange how he could have missread my post and both me and himself wrote the Innocence is no xcuse album in the email conversation at least five times.

I could not find a cd I did'nt have or want so I told him that he had to sort out a copy of the Innocence album or we should cancel the deal and send the cd:s back. Now he has not answered me in five days (he is usually quick to answer) and I'm starting to get annoyed.

Did I do the correct thing to demand him to find me a copy of the Innocence album. Does anyone else have any other advice how to sort this mess.

Oh my good what a long post, Almost the same lenth as the Bible.

Sounds like the ol' bait & switch...I had that crap pulled on me once, too. Guy claimed he had a certain cd then sent me something completely different. Never heard back from him either. What's the prick's name?

Oh shit I thought this was about our trade my heart went into my throat. I think this guy purposely took advantage of you I was looking up this Saxon disc and the cheapest I found was $75 so I'm sure you gave him some good stuff for it. Do you want me to break his legs?

That really sucks guys like that fucking over a good guy like Mikeal who I've deal with twice on the board.

I can't speak for anyone else, but if I ever had someone not satisfied with a trade, then I would be completely fine sending the CDs back and getting mine back in return if that is what the other party wanted to do. I think most good traders would do the same. Good luck though, sounds like to me either he tried to screw you, and if he didn't, it was a pretty big oversight, especially since that Saxon CD is probably the toughest one to find (which is probably why you were trading for it in the first place I bet).

Oh shit I thought this was about our trade my heart went into my throat. I think this guy purposely took advantage of you I was looking up this Saxon disc and the cheapest I found was $75 so I'm sure you gave him some good stuff for it. Do you want me to break his legs?

That really sucks guys like that fucking over a good guy like Mikeal who I've deal with twice on the board.

$75??? :cartman:

Which version?? The Emi or the axe killer reissue?

Didn't really pay attention Amzaon was the cheapest, but there is an auction on Ebay.

This trader should do the right thing and return your cd's for screwing up the trade or mail out the correct cd which would be the descent thing to do.I did not realise that this Saxon cd is worth so much now,i have seen this s/h for around $10 in my travels.

I try to think good of all people and he propably not screwed me but he then could just send the cd:s back to me , if he does not want to sort out the Innocence album. That is fine with me. He propably wanted the cd:s I had up for offer really badly and now he don't want to part ways with them!!!

Didn't really pay attention Amzaon was the cheapest, but there is an auction on Ebay.

2 auctions & 1 more reasonable.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Saxon-Innocence-is-no-...id=p3286.c0.m14

I try to think good of all people and he propably not screwed me but he then could just send the cd:s back to me , if he does not want to sort out the Innocence album. That is fine with me. He propably wanted the cd:s I had up for offer really badly and now he don't want to part ways with them!!!

If he is desperate for those CDs, and he genuinely made a mistake, then at the very least he should offer you some money for them.

If he is desperate for those CDs, and he genuinely made a mistake, then at the very least he should offer you some money for them.

Then the fucker needs to go buy the Saxon CD and send it to you. Pick and choose which one you want and send him the link.

I gave up today and told him that he could send me one of the new cd:S from his web page. I really hope he sends me this cd otherwise,,,,,,,

I wish you the best of luck my friend,but I think that in these cases there is nothing that you can do.I hope that he will finally cooperate and will send you the CD that you asked him.I can really understand how you feel:Situations like this really suck....