RIP Magazine is back.....................well sort of.

heaven&hell

New RIP magazine website that's eventually going to have many old pictures and articles and I'm not sure what else. They also have a forum to talk about the mag and other music topics. Pretty cool IMO as this magazine rocked and Lonn Friend did a great job with it.

http://www.theripfiles.com/index.html

RIP was a great mag, wish I still had some of my old ishes (tho once Lonn Friend started showing up on MTV on a regular basis, I quickly decided that he was an annoying doofus, haha...). I would love to see a print version resurrected if this site takes off.

By the way, didja know that the original RIP was a product of "LFP Incorporated," otherwise known as "Larry Flynt Publications," a.k.a. the fine folks who bring us Hustler magazine? It's true!

RIP was a great mag, wish I still had some of my old ishes (tho once Lonn Friend started showing up on MTV on a regular basis, I quickly decided that he was an annoying doofus, haha...). I would love to see a print version resurrected if this site takes off.

By the way, didja know that the original RIP was a product of "LFP Incorporated," otherwise known as "Larry Flynt Publications," a.k.a. the fine folks who bring us Hustler magazine? It's true!

did you use it for cutting your nails over it? like i do with all these mags? :christmas:

did you use it for cutting your nails over it? like i do with all these mags? :christmas:

Um...what?

Seriously, I have no idea what this post means.

Whatever. Thanks for calling. <_<

Did you use it for cutting your nails over it? like I do with all these mags? :christmas:

Um...what?

I think he was referring to using the magazine to catch the clippings when cutting your nails. Personally, I just do mine in the aisle at Wal-Mart and leave the clippings for the janitor to sweep up. Don't give me that look. It's what they get paid to do.

Did you use it for cutting your nails over it? like I do with all these mags? :christmas:

Um...what?

I think he was referring to using the magazine to catch the clippings when cutting your nails. Personally, I just do mine in the aisle at Wal-Mart and leave the clippings for the janitor to sweep up. Don't give me that look. It's what they get paid to do.

Thanx for the assist, Mark. Obviously I left my Troo Arcane Steele Vinyl Warrior-To-English dictionary in my other jacket.

Um...what?

Thanx for the assist, Mark. Obviously I left my Troo Arcane Steele Vinyl Warrior-To-English dictionary in my other jacket.

Is fluency in Sharatanese considered a second language? I'm thinking about listing it on my resume...

Is fluency in Sharatanese considered a second language? I'm thinking about listing it on my resume...

:rofl: I don't know if it's considered a second language, but the I believe that the better you understand his posts, the more troo, arcane Texas steele you are. For whatever that's worth.

Um...what?

ama ertho re karagkiozako kai se gamhso apo ton kolo na doume ti tha les.....poustopezevegke....

:rofl: I don't know if it's considered a second language, but the I believe that the better you understand his posts, the more troo, arcane Texas steele you are. For whatever that's worth.

mia zoh karagkiozhs eisai re gie ths sarantasporhs orospas....ante na psofhseis piso apo thn othonh sou re xerkele.....

Um...what?

I think he was trying to say that he feels like most Metal Magazines are worthless and to some degree I agree but I always thought RIP was awesome especially when compared to Hit Parader and Circus. Lonn always was great at mixing it up with Hair Metal, Thrash Metal and other subgenres and he made it all fit together nicely IMO.

Check out Lonn's book 'Life on Planet Rock' and talks about working for the Flynts and Hustler and how he got the gig doing RIP.

I think he was trying to say that he feels like most Metal Magazines are worthless

Yea, I got that... cuz the dude thinks pretty much everything's worthless. <_<

mia zoh karagkiozhs eisai re gie ths sarantasporhs orospas....ante na psofhseis piso apo thn othonh sou re xerkele.....

Uh... yeah, well "Emo for Aggressor Demo" to you too, pal. Klaatu Barada Nikto! :rofl:

• 2 years later...

Bumpin' a seriously old thread here ... former RIP editor Lonn Friend apparently got beaten up pretty bad while waiting for a bus in Long Beach, California recently. Ouch!

http://www.knac.com/article.asp?ArticleID=8971

Bumpin' a seriously old thread here ... former RIP editor Lonn Friend apparently got beaten up pretty bad while waiting for a bus in Long Beach, California recently. Ouch!

http://www.knac.com/article.asp?ArticleID=8971

Damn that sucks! Hope they get those bastards.