New Dokken

chocularok

Looks like Dokken is finally gonna release the much talked about re-recordings of their classic hits:

"Dokken Greatest Hits Vol. 2" - a collection of all-new versions of tracks such as "Dream Warriors", "Breaking The Chains", and "Just Got Lucky", paired with several new songs and a cover of "Lies" by THE KNICKERBOXERS - is tentatively due in October via Rhino."

Cool!

I saw this over at Blabbermouth a few days ago and it's cool they have this coming out.

I have the one disc Dokken Greatest Hits but I would still like to pick up that Definitive Collection 2 disc best of that digs a little deeper into the catalog.

I already have all the studio albums so new recordings or not, this collection is unnecessary at best...

I already have all the studio albums so new recordings or not, this collection is unnecessary at best...

The big reason I'd want the difinitive collection and any greatest hits would be becasue the tunes are remastered because lets face it the 'Breaking the Chains' and 'Tooth and Nail" releases sound very dated and need a remaster.

The big reason I'd want the difinitive collection and any greatest hits would be becasue the tunes are remastered because lets face it the 'Breaking the Chains' and 'Tooth and Nail" releases sound very dated and need a remaster.

Yea, that's true... the production on those two albums is ass. :thppt:

I remember when I upgraded both of those to CD after hearing'em on cassette for years and years, my reaction was "wow, so they really sounded that bad all along." :lol:

Yea, that's true... the production on those two albums is ass. :thppt:

I remember when I upgraded both of those to CD after hearing'em on cassette for years and years, my reaction was "wow, so they really sounded that bad all along." :lol:

:rofl2:

Damn that's harsh but yeah the sound quality hasn't aged well even thought the songs are awesome especially on 'Tooth and Nail'. :drink:

Damn that's harsh but yeah the sound quality hasn't aged well even thought the songs are awesome especially on 'Tooth and Nail'. :drink:

Yea, I always preferred "T&N" over "B.T.C." -- Breaking the Chains was the last album of theirs I bothered to get on CD, and even now I don't listen to it much outside of the title track and "Paris is Burning."

Yea, I always preferred "T&N" over "B.T.C." -- Breaking the Chains was the last album of theirs I bothered to get on CD, and even now I don't listen to it much outside of the title track and "Paris is Burning."

I got through my Dokken phase every year and BREAK out 'Breaking the Chains' and give it a yearly spin but for the most part the title track and as you said 'Paris' is the cream of the crop but I always like 'Nightrider' a lot to. :headbanger:

I just can't stand that song "Felony" -- the chorus "Fel-o-KNEEEEEEE!" is so ghey. :P

I recently went over their entire catalog and while I like the music, it's damn tough to sit through a lot of those lyrics with a straight face. It's not quite Ron-Keel-written-in-crayon-level, but it ain't that much above it either. Not to say ALL of it is awful, but a large portion of Dokken's lyrics just sound so ridiculous, hokey, and contrived. An example? How about Night By Night?

Night By Night

It's bad enough being under control

Same thing every day

Then at night

There's a place we can go

Where nothing can stand in our way

Night by night

I can't keep it away

Night by night

Not living for the day

Night by night

It's now or never

So baby can't you see?

We're living night by night

It's just you and me

Living night by night

We never see the light of day

So baby can't you see?

yeah, we're living it night by night

The night is all that we need

I got a lot

But I wanna have more

Things just haven't been right

I'll show you to my paradise

And let you see the light

It's now or never

Get out of the way

It's now or never

So baby can't you see

It's just you and me

Living night by night

So baby can't you see

Yeah, we're living it night by night

When the shadows come

Might be no moon at all

You can never tell

When you're under the spell

It's now or never

Get out of the way

It's now or never

So baby can't you see?

It's just you and me

Living night by night

So baby can't you see?

It's just you and me

Living night by night

Night by night

Night by night

Night by night

Night by night

:puking: Gawd! What crap!

I recently went over their entire catalog and while I like the music, it's damn tough to sit through a lot of those lyrics with a straight face. It's not quite Ron-Keel-written-in-crayon-level, but it ain't that much above it either. Not to say ALL of it is awful, but a large portion of Dokken's lyrics just sound so ridiculous, hokey, and contrived. An example? How about Night By Night?

Night By Night

Same thing every day

Then at night

Night by night

I can't keep it away

Night by night

Not living for the day

Night by night

It's now or never

So baby can't you see?

It's just you and me

Living night by night

So baby can't you see?

yeah, we're living it night by night

I got a lot

But I wanna have more

Things just haven't been right

I'll show you to my paradise

And let you see the light

It's now or never

Get out of the way

It's now or never

So baby can't you see

It's just you and me

Living night by night

So baby can't you see

Yeah, we're living it night by night

When the shadows come

Might be no moon at all

You can never tell

When you're under the spell

It's now or never

Get out of the way

It's now or never

So baby can't you see?

It's just you and me

Living night by night

So baby can't you see?

It's just you and me

Living night by night

Night by night

Night by night

Night by night

Night by night

Yeah but what you forgot to mention was that at 2 mins 40 Lynch kicks your arse into touch.

And youve already been floored by 'Kiss Of Death' and my fav Dokken song 'Prisoner' by the time that song hits.

:headbanger:

Night By Night

Same thing every day

Then at night

Night by night

Etc., etc., etc.

Yeah but what you forgot to mention was that at 2 mins 40 Lynch kicks your arse into touch.

And youve already been floored by 'Kiss Of Death' and my fav Dokken song 'Prisoner' by the time that song hits.

:headbanger:

True, Lynch has my respect and admiration as a guitar player, and his solos are always of the sit up and take notice variety, but whomever pens those lyrics doesn't possess much in the literary imagination department. Like I said, the music is impressive enough, but I just wish they'd been able to create more intelligent lyrics; for the most part, it's cliched mediocrity written on auto-pilot.

Yay! Another album of re-recorded classi- *SNORE* *Slaps fish across face* Okay, I'm back. I do hate this concept but admittedly it might actually be cool to hear some of the really early stuff that didn't sound so good first time around (the debut) re-done.