New song from HEDLEY....

zacharyamelie

What the fuck are they thinking? I heard a sample on I Tunes. My wife warned me before playing it, I'm glad she did. I think it's called 'Cha-Ching' or something. It's poppy, dance crap. I only heard 30 seconds of it and I felt sick to my stomach.

I may be jumping the gun but I'm not too inspired by the sample.

Here is a pretty bad youtube sample of the song. The young girls and boys will like this...I think.

Cha-Ching

Is it dance crap, or is it just that the sound quality is that poor that it has that tinny dancy kind of sound? Certainly not the best I've heard from these guys and definitely worrying if there's more like that on the CD. But I have faith in these guys.

This sounds like shit you'd hear from The Offspring or something...

Is it dance crap, or is it just that the sound quality is that poor that it has that tinny dancy kind of sound? Certainly not the best I've heard from these guys and definitely worrying if there's more like that on the CD. But I have faith in these guys.

This sounds like shit you'd hear from The Offspring or something...

Exactly!!! Offspring does this on every release. They always have a sell out single (ie: Pretty Fly For A White Guy, Why Don't You Get Job and Original Prankster) that makes me shake my head. They seem to do it just to get the young ones and the ladies liking it and sell lots of cd's.

It'd be disappointing if Hedley went down that route, but if it's just one song per CD to keep their sales (and career) alive I can forgive them. The debut is a modern rock gem to me, and 'Famous Last Words' isn't too far behind. Speaking of odd tracks, 'Never too late' off 'FLW' was an oddball track (almost reggae). And wasn't that a single too? It was a shame because I didn't like the song, but it had a killer hook (like they all do) if they'd rocked it up a bit.

The odd thing is that the new Faber Drive single is also a dance crap track. My wife played it for me and asked me if I could guess who the band was....I said NO!!! She once again shocked me with the sad news. I swear she's trying to kill me with her pop nonsense and these scary singles from Western Canada's finest bands. Their must be something in the water out West for 2 bands that I like to do such crap songs.

Yeah, although I haven't heard the new Faber Drive song I did see the title was something that could only sound horrible as a song. Something like 'G-g-g-ett up and g-g-get n-n-naked'?

Both bands have made awesome music so far, though, so here's hoping it is just that one shitty single and the rest follows on from previous work.

• 4 weeks later...

That freakin' song is now all over the place around hear. So catchy and singable, yet so fuckin' lame. God I hate the radio. My wife listens to Virgin (the phone/telecomunications company) radio which only plays the top 20 s'hits'.

• 2 months later...

Answered my own question, yep, full new album! This is the track list:

"Cha-Ching

"Don't Talk To Strangers"

"Scream"

"Hands Up"

"Amazing"

"Shelter"

"Young And Stupid"

"Perfect"

"Sweater Song"

"9 Shades of Red"

"Friends"

"Goodbye"

"Lucky" (iTunes Pre-Order)

Wow, I need to hear this tonight! I know that song was shitty, but it sounds like a lot of these type of bands are trying to cash in on a track or two, but generally the rest is still in the old style. F*ck me I'm excited... didn't expect this one. :)

"Cha-Ching

"Scream"

"Hands Up"

"Amazing"

"Shelter"

"Young And Stupid"

"Perfect"

"Sweater Song"

"9 Shades of Red"

"Friends"

"Goodbye"

Wow, I need to hear this tonight! I know that song was shitty, but it sounds like a lot of these type of bands are trying to cash in on a track or two, but generally the rest is still in the old style. F*ck me I'm excited... didn't expect this one. :)

So how is it?

I can probably find it for 12$, if you want a hard copy. it's a digipak, yuck!!!

"Cha-Ching

"Scream"

"Hands Up"

"Amazing"

"Shelter"

"Young And Stupid"

"Perfect"

"Sweater Song"

"9 Shades of Red"

"Friends"

"Goodbye"

So how is it?

I can probably find it for 12$, if you want a hard copy. it's a digipak, yuck!!!

I might take you up on that. Is that before or after postage? I'll be buying it asap but will fish around a little for the hard copy before laying down the $$$. Although, it took me ages to find 'Famous last words' for a good price, so I might be keen to bite early this time with the good exchange rate.

It would around 21$ with the shipping. 12$ for the disc and 9$ for the shipping. Since it's a digipak, it might weigh less than a 100 grams and I'd give you back the surples cash if that's the case. I can also find the new Faber Drive for around 15$ if you want that as well. A gay looking cover for that Faber Drive!!! I can ship both cd's for the same price. Let me know.

It would around 21$ with the shipping. 12$ for the disc and 9$ for the shipping. Since it's a digipak, it might weigh less than a 100 grams and I'd give you back the surples cash if that's the case. I can also find the new Faber Drive for around 15$ if you want that as well. A gay looking cover for that Faber Drive!!! I can ship both cd's for the same price. Let me know.

Have you heard the whole of the FABER DRIVE yet? I loved their first disc but am a bit wary of this one now....

Holy f*ck!!! Disappointment of the century!

Honestly Tim, a few people are disappointed with the new Faber Drive CD and in a sense it is disappointing (though I still love it) but it is a gold nugget compared to the new Hedley CD.

Man, they have completely f*cked it. I'm glad I didn't buy this one, Dave, as I will be awaiting full bargain bit status before I pick this up. They've completely sold out and made a shitty pop album full of shit like the closing track on 'Famous Last Words'. I don't think there was one single track that really rocked at all. It was all just pop, reggae-ish kind of mellow crap.

Now, there was one exception - 'Scream' is an excellent song with a chorus that'd bite the head off a wilderbeast and is at least one glimpse of how good these guys can be. And there were one or two songs later on which really weren't that bad - I think about 3 overall, but generally this album is a write-off. SOOOO disappointed. :(

Holy f*ck!!! Disappointment of the century!

Honestly Tim, a few people are disappointed with the new Faber Drive CD and in a sense it is disappointing (though I still love it) but it is a gold nugget compared to the new Hedley CD.

Man, they have completely f*cked it. I'm glad I didn't buy this one, Dave, as I will be awaiting full bargain bit status before I pick this up. They've completely sold out and made a shitty pop album full of shit like the closing track on 'Famous Last Words'. I don't think there was one single track that really rocked at all. It was all just pop, reggae-ish kind of mellow crap.

Now, there was one exception - 'Scream' is an excellent song with a chorus that'd bite the head off a wilderbeast and is at least one glimpse of how good these guys can be. And there were one or two songs later on which really weren't that bad - I think about 3 overall, but generally this album is a write-off. SOOOO disappointed. :(

Total shit release and a pure pop sell out. They should be ashamed of themselves for doing this kinda crap. I personally hope it backfires real bad and that they go back to square one. Awful!!!! Without any doubt the stinker of 2009. It's called ''The Show Must Go''....I have a better idea of what should go.

I personally hope it backfires real bad and that they go back to square one. Awful!!!! Without any doubt the stinker of 2009.

Honestly, I don't doubt that this will fail miserably. Even pop songs need good hooks and the songs on this are just shithouse. I honestly want to know what they were thinking.

I will spin it again for a more indepth review because they deserve at least that after their first 2 CDs... but I agree, no doubt the biggest disappointment of 2009.

Call it blind devotion or being a sucker for punishment, but I've continued to play this one. No doubt it's still a write-off, but it's a moderately listenable write-off. Well, in places. I did have delete 'Sweater song' and 'Freinds' off my Ipod as they were killing me, but I can kind of handle the rest, if I put my mind to it. 'Scream' is a seriously great song... on par with the best of the other two CDs. Elsewhere, also don't mind the two ballads, 'Amazing' and 'Perfect'. Neither is great by any stretch of the imagination, but they're okay. The rest is still a trainwreck, but I have decided I will buy a cheap copy of this when I find one... in no hurry at all.

• 3 years later...

I'm hearing this band for the first time and started with this CD (it's the only one on Spotify). Aside from "Cha-Ching", I'm loving it.

If you're saying this isn't their best work, I'll definitely have to find the others.

• My Little Pony

I'm hearing this band for the first time and started with this CD (it's the only one on Spotify). Aside from "Cha-Ching", I'm loving it.

If you're saying this isn't their best work, I'll definitely have to find the others.

Hmm... I really don't recall enjoying this one, aside from the ballad(s).

Debut is utterly essential. Others are hit and miss, and 'The show must go' is their worst. The other 2 discs both have a handful of great songs on them.