Vains of Jenna

Motley Mike

When does it come out? To be honest, although I enjoyed the debut it didn't really hook me in... but there was a HEAP of potential there. A few bigger, catchier tunes and these guys have me sold.

• 4 weeks later...
I really wanted to like these guys when the debut came out because they had that sleaze look so thought they might sound sleaze. I did give it a listen but can't for the life of me remember anything ... so guess it didn't grab me either.

I totally agree. I can't remember a song off it but I'm really hoping for something great from these guys still.

i've heard the new album is more bland than the first. haven't heard it for myself yet tho.

Well, just went through most the new myspace songs and I have to agree. The songs are very bland. I doubt I'd even bother downloading MP3s of this to give it a spin. The whole guitar sound is so odd for a sleaze band. IMO the image doesn't suit the music at all. Pass.

• 1 month later...

Well, I did decide to get around to giving it a go. It's actually a lot better than the samples suggest, probably even better than the debut. But it's just not special to me. It actually sounded a lot like bands like Backyard Babies to be honest. Who are okay at best, but nothing more. It was decent, but I was hoping for better.