Stargate : Universe

metaltrekman

Stargate Universe will be set on the Ancient ship Destiny, which was part of an Ancient experiment to seed the galaxies with Stargates millions of years ago. While a first ship was sent to seed the galaxies with Stargates, the Destiny was to follow a pre-programmed mission to explore these galaxies until the Ancients ascended and left the ship unmanned. In order to reach this ship, an address would have to be dialed consisting of nine chevrons, a possibility that had been unknown in the previous Stargate series.

The series begins when a team of soldiers and scientists from present-day Earth step through the Stargate to find the Destiny after their base is attacked. They are unable to maneuver the ship or even return to Earth, but they can use the Stargate to visit planets when the Destiny comes into the range of another Stargate and stops for brief periods of time Life support including air supply is also a problem at first.There will be three major deaths in the pilot episode and one suicide by episode six. The writers have discussed the possibility that each season represents a voyage of the Destiny through a different galaxy.

stargateuniverselogo.jpg

stargateuniversejulypos.jpg

Ive been a SG fan since the beginning and am REALLY looking forward to this!! Here is a cool intro video http://www.syfy.com/universe/index.php?sub=sgu&clip=2

And an Official site: http://stargate.mgm.com/view/series/3/index.html

• 1 year later...

WHO The FK is running the SYFY network? :taz: Why the Hell would they move a great show like Stargate Universe from the great slot they had (Friday) to TUESDAY Fucking Night!!! :doh: :doh: Idiots!! What a way to kill the show!!

ARGGGGGGggg SHit like this really pisses me off. They finally get a good show on and then screw with it or cancel it. Firefly, Voyager, Enterprise, and now this!! Idiots!!!

in reality isn't it taking the timeslot that Warehouse 13 has? I think Warehuse 13 is their top rated show so they are moving SGU and Caprica Tuesdays starting at 9:00 so Tuesday is going to be great. Friday is considered the graveyard of television so this move could help with the ratings for both shows.

in reality isn't it taking the timeslot that Warehouse 13 has? I think Warehuse 13 is their top rated show so they are moving SGU and Caprica Tuesdays starting at 9:00 so Tuesday is going to be great. Friday is considered the graveyard of television so this move could help with the ratings for both shows.

I agree since that's what they did with Wharehouse 13 with it's move from Friday in the first season to Tuesday in the season that just ended. Plus tuesday has the least competition from the major networks IMO than any other night. I wonder if Haven will be moved to Tuesday when it comes back for it's seconds season(hasn't been announced yet but I assume it will get renewed).

And the comment about Firefly a few posts back - Firefly wasn't a Syfy show but a Fox show and it was Fox that cancelled it. Hell if it was a Syfy original it would probably still be on. Although Syfy did cancel the Dresden Files and that pissed me off.