MelodicRock.com Volume V CD Compilation

JC_AOR

One other comment from me. I sure wish ERIC MARTIN had done some more AOR during his career. What a KILLER tune that one is...

I agree completely. Just magic....

I was at one stage talking to the original line up of Signal (without Marcie) teaming up with Eric Martin for a classic AOR album. Just another idea for Angelmilk that won't ever get anywhere :(

That's a big shame, that would be a dream AOR line-up. Martin's raspy voice is perfect for pure AOR. As much as I love the W.E.T tune (is an absolute monster) I can't help but think there might've been better suited vocalists than JSS for that stuff. That said, it's sensational stuff...

but some of the other snippets ive heard he sounds great!

This Eric Martin revelation should come as no surprise, though. The only good songs Mr Big ever recorded were the more AOR / melodic rock numbers (except with the exception of some harder rocking songs on 'Lean into it'). Eg. like 'Had enough', 'Anything for you' off the debut and 'Promise her the moon' off that useless 'Bump ahead' disc.

Across the entire lifespan of that band the only good tunes were those type of songs and he sounded amazing on all of them. :)

This Eric Martin revelation should come as no surprise, though. The only good songs Mr Big ever recorded were the more AOR / melodic rock numbers (except with the exception of some harder rocking songs on 'Lean into it'). Eg. like 'Had enough', 'Anything for you' off the debut and 'Promise her the moon' off that useless 'Bump ahead' disc.

Across the entire lifespan of that band the only good tunes were those type of songs and he sounded amazing on all of them. :)

Eric Martin's finest moments I would say are definitely on the mega Eric Martin Band 'Sucker For A Pretty Face' album, aswell as his 'S/T' album from 1985. 2 projects that show why, as TIM states, he is such a brilliant AOR vocalist.