Fireflight

Wow, I'm sure I made a thread on these guys. I even remember it... but yeah, didn't show up in a search. Either way, 'Healing of harms' is a great disc. That song, 'Hugs on a holiday' or something is wonderful.

• 3 months later...

I'm listening to songs on YouTube now and it reminds me of a more melodic Flyleaf. Very nice find!!

Here is their MySpace page...

http://www.myspace.com/fireflight

Good band. Speaking of Flyleaf, I heard a bunch of bonus tracks from them the other day. Apparently off a new album? Not sure where they're from, but they were DREADFUL! If that's their style at the moment, I won't be listening.

Good band. Speaking of Flyleaf, I heard a bunch of bonus tracks from them the other day. Apparently off a new album? Not sure where they're from, but they were DREADFUL! If that's their style at the moment, I won't be listening.

I'll second that opinion about the newest Flyleaf stuff, though to be honest I've never been a huge fan, pretty hit or miss for me. Both Fireflight CDs are pretty good IMO, just on the short side and a few tracks fall a little flat. BUT....the duet w/Josh Brown (former frontman for Full Devil Jacket) on the first release is gr8 and it's worth picking up "Healing Of Harms" (technically their second release, though the 1st band released CD is pretty much non-existent) album just for that song IMO......Skillet remains my fav. CCM hard rock band, though I won't hijack this thread by discussing that album here since I know other threads covering that one already exist......Later, Jeff.

• 2 months later...

Well, heard their new CD last night - 'For those who wait'. Man, what a goods disc. Not that there's any competition yet aside from Story of the Year, but this is the 2nd best modern rock CD I've heard this year. :lol: Good, solid hard rock. If you liked Halestorm, or the other Fireflight CDs this is a must.

• 1 year later...

I really like this band. The singer has a much better voice than the girl in Flyleaf IMO.

Geoff, have you heard the band The Letter Black? Another good female-fronted Christian rock band.

I agree, they are much better than Flyleaf, who I haven't really been able to get into.

I have heard the name The Letter Black but I'm yet to check them out. Just had a quick look on the net and it looks like a band I should enjoy. I'll track down some of their tunes asap. Thanks for the recommendation.

• 3 weeks later...

Fireflight were recommended to UK readers by Classic Rock magazine ages ago - I agree that Healing Of Harms is a great album!

• 8 months later...

Yep, been spinning this for a while now and just bought my hard copy yesterday. Bloody good CD from a damn good band. Any fan of female fronted melodic rock needs to own this, imo, and their other 3 albums too.