LEVERAGE(the band) - New Album is done

heaven&hell

I've loved the first two releases so I'll be picking this up for sure. :headbanger:

Finnish melodic metal band LEVERAGE has finished recording its third full-length album for a late 2009 release via Spinefarm Records. The as-yet-untitled new CD will be mixed and mastered during August.

The group's online studio diary, which includes video footage from the recording sessions for the new album, can be found at this location.

LEVERAGE's second album, entitled "Blind Fire", was released in the U.S. on October 21, 2008 via Blistering Records USA, Inc. with Ryko distribution.

LEVERAGE came out of nowhere in 2006, causing a stir with the release of its debut album, "Tides". The group's blend of modern metal sound and old-school, melody-based songwriting earned rave reviews from the media and created a fanbase both in Finland and throughout the rock community in many countries.

"The warm welcome for 'Tides' was a pleasant surprise for us," the band's guitar player and main composer Tuomas Heikkinen previously said. "We got good radio airplay in Finland, even climbed to the charts, all before our very first gig with our own material! Since then, we’ve played throughout Finland at clubs and festivals. Our music has been described as melodic metal or melodic heavy rock, which is fine by us."

LEVERAGE is:

Pekka Heino - vocals

Tuomas Heikkinen - guitar

Torsti Spoof - guitar

Pekka Lampinen - bass

Marko Niskala - keyboards

Valtteri Revonkorpi - drums

I have both albums and both are solid, but very unmemorable. Good band, but I hope they get a little more exciting on the new CD - go for some huge melodies and memorable hooks.

First album was excellent.....second not so IMO.

Look forward to hearing what they come with tho.

Cheers

Backed. The first disc was great, but they needed to step-up on the second disc and just didn't....

I have both albums and both are solid, but very unmemorable. Good band, but I hope they get a little more exciting on the new CD - go for some huge melodies and memorable hooks.

Both of those discs were up there in my fav discs of 2006 and 2008 so they were memorable to me. :tumbsup: