Harem Scarem Stayin Away

Leykis101

Werent some of you guys telling me that Hess didnt sing the vocals on Stayin Away? I swear it was on this board, if it's not Hess, who else sings, because if it turns out to be another Night Ranger scenario, where I can never figure out who sings what, it will drive me mad!(finally figured Night Ranger out after seeing them live)

Darrin Smith also sang the song Sentimental Blvd on the Mood Swings album. He's got some good pipes to say the least. I really enjoyed his solo album under the name Black Star that was later rereleased as Darrin Smith Band - Keep The Spirit Alive

http://www.nehrecords.com/shop/SmithKeep.htm

Darrin Smith also sang the song Sentimental Blvd on the Mood Swings album. He's got some good pipes to say the least. I really enjoyed his solo album under the name Black Star that was later rereleased as Darrin Smith Band - Keep The Spirit Alive

http://www.nehrecords.com/shop/SmithKeep.htm

Same type of music? is he the dude that plays drums for Emerald Rain? if so they should have let him sing a few songs, im interested in that solo album, in prevention of getting into a mad search, it this a disc that i'll be able to just shoot over and order, or is it one im going to be searching forever for?

I have to admit I was surprised to hear it wasn't Hess as there is no doubt Smith's voice is similar, but when you do understand it is him (on both 'Sentimental Blvd' and 'Staying away') you can notice the difference and I'm glad they stuck with Hess for the majority of their songs, though those two are two of my all-time faves.

'Keep the spirit alive' is good, but not really anywhere near close to being on par with Harem Scarem.

And just as an obvious sidebar, you can hear Hess on 'Staying away' on the 'Early Years' album too. :)

I was skipping around the torrent sites, and came upon some wierd ass copy of a different Believe cd, that was full of "Remixes" (turns out to be live versions) and a bunch of weird songs, anybody know anything about this?

And Geoff, I can hear Hess come in and out of Stayin Away, when the background vocals fire up, you can clearly distinguish the two, something I still have a hard time doing with Night Ranger, doesnt Von Groove utilize 2 singers as well, hey, I just got an idea for a new topic!

I have to admit I was surprised to hear it wasn't Hess as there is no doubt Smith's voice is similar, but when you do understand it is him (on both 'Sentimental Blvd' and 'Staying away') you can notice the difference and I'm glad they stuck with Hess for the majority of their songs

Agree. Hess's version of S Blvd on his solo album is killer and much better than the Mood Swings version. IMO.