Bad ebay buyer warning

The buyer cioni_and_bozzone bought 2 cds from me from Italy, he asked me if he could bid so I agreed. He won the auctions,I sent him an invoice for amount, 3 days later he responds saying that he wanted registered shipping? I dont remember offering him that but oh well, I agreed. Regular first class airmail would of been around 8 bucks. But no he informed that he defenitely wanted REGISTERED. Registered mail was 20.00, I sent him a new invoice days ago and havent heard from him since. Had to file claim with ebay. Why spend 20.00 shipping on two 5.00 items? Im tired of these buyers doing what they want with no recourse from ebay on them, just beware of this buyer.

Is it just me or has Italy become one of the biggest problem countries to deal with on ebay?

I believe it is, I think im gonna quit sending stuff over there,just a big pain in the ass lately

Their user name is

cioni_and_bozzone , If you click on the "ME" right beside their user name their is a pic of 2 people on a motorcycle, 1 is a man, the other I cant tell. Either this is a boyfriend-girlfriend deal, or these guys are a little light in the loafers. Tell me what you think?

Yep! Since blocking out Chinese bidders, Italy has become my biggest problem country of late. Austria is still up there as well. I've blocked tons of Italians bidders in the past year and may end up blocking the entire country, like I did China.

...Austria is still up there as well...

:axe:

Problem after problem - Blocked Italy along time ago. I thought for awhile it was there piss poor customs and still think its a problem then I get these big time buyers from there that want to pay super high prices for stuff. Of course the urge is overwhelming so I give in to the guys wanting to spend big money. I never have a problem with these guys at all. I dont know what the problem is but even my 3rd party insure company allows a extra 7 days more than other countries for delivery time.

99.5% of my terrible experiences with ebay buyers have been from Americans thinking they are privileged with the right of Low or Free Postage after the sell and the ones with hundreds of fake eBay accounts to screw people. Not many problems with other countries so far for me.

They ask for $3 shipping overseas! :christmas:

I've never understood the rationale behind e-bay expecting and/or requiring overseas sellers to ship to U.S. for $3. From the U.S., I can ship one CD for around $3 only to Canada via First Class Intl. IIRC, all other countries are more.....Another case of e-bay execs. having "collective head up collective ass" IMHO.....Jeff.

That ebay $3 postage for a CD to be posted worldwide is ridiculous. eBay corporates are totally out of touch with world postage rates or their corporate offices are located on the moon where parcels weigh nothing.

They ask for $3 shipping overseas! :christmas:

I've never understood the rationale behind e-bay expecting and/or requiring overseas sellers to ship to U.S. for $3. From the U.S., I can ship one CD for around $3 only to Canada via First Class Intl. IIRC, all other countries are more.....Another case of e-bay execs. having "collective head up collective ass" IMHO.....Jeff.

I have to correct myself, I have shipped a CD to Australia via First Class Airmail for around $3 as well....But that's basically irrelevant, the valid point is that all countries set their own postage rates and thus all sellers should be able to set postage fees in their e-bay listings accordingly. Some countries still do offer a cheaper Intl. Ground shipping alternative......BUT, the tradeoff is that $3 bargain basement shipping option comes with a 4-8+ week shipping interval, which simply won't work on e-bay. Hopefully, most U.S. buyers you guys deal with are cool and don't hassle over paying fair shipping.......Jeff.

SPAMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to agree, that the only country I have ever had problems with is the USA, but thats more because they dont seem to read auction details such as sending me cheques, when the auction clearly states no cheques from anywhere other than the UK, or cant understand the concept of PAL VHS tapes.

Must admit though, never heard anything about $3 to ship a CD.

I still set my postage prices on anything I sell, and have never seen anything telling me that I have to charge a certain amount (thats what Amazon does though).

The reason I have never had any problems with countries like Italy, is most of the stuff I sell on eBay isnt CDs.

I'll also say that as a buyer, I have not had any problems from Italy either.

Italy and China have absolutely corrupt postal systems. But Italian bidders are more trustworthy than the Chinese bidders. In the 10 years I have been selling on ebay, I have gotten 3 negative feedbacks, all from Chinese bidders that tried to hold me hostage and I did not go for it. Now sellers do not even have the recourse to use negative feedback for a buyer, no matter what the situation.

If there was ANY kind of reasonable alternative, I would jump ship in a second.