Star - Hey You! (What's Your Name)

Leykis101

K guys, this song's off of A.H.M. Vol 100! this song is labeled as Star, I don't know why it's on this comp, other then it's a good song, but it's not metal by any stretch of the imagination, it's almost kind of a Dance+Pop, but this chick that sings it has one of the most unique incredible voices ive ever heard, in my whole life, I went looking for a cd, I couldnt even find proof of the songs exisitince, there is not 1 fucking thing ANYWHERE!!!!! on the entire internet with any mention of this song, aside from it being on that comp, it's a very well produced track and sounds very well done, it's not some scrub garage recording or anything, but this chick is incredible, ive gotta know who she is, do any of you guys have any clue who it is? aside from Dan, have any of you guys even heard any of these comps? that might be the only way of figuring out who this chick is, finding out who put it on the comp! she's got a powerful and aggresive singing style, with a nice voice, help me people!

I would like to know more about them also :unsure:

but one of my recordings is on A.H.M 109, and that's not in print....as far as im aware :unsure: could be the same case with Star....

Well how did your song get on there? Whoever put yours on there, might possibly know who Star is and if she has any other songs, but its not a metal song, which is very strange that it was on there to begin with!

but one of my recordings is on A.H.M 109, and that's not in print....as far as im aware :unsure: could be the same case with Star....

Well how did your song get on there? Whoever put yours on there, might possibly know who Star is and if she has any other songs, but its not a metal song, which is very strange that it was on there to begin with!

thats the thing, i havent got a clue!!

i just stumbled across it a few months ago, still havent got a clue of its origin, or how the person that put it together got ahold of one of my recordings since im pretty much only known locally (and i dont think it came out of Northampton, UK :unsure:)

sorry i cant help ya much :(

only info i can give ya is that it could be an artist as unknown as myself, in which case you havent a hope in hell of finding any albums/official releases by them....on the other hand, theres a decent chance theyre more well-known than me, thought id put it out there anyway :lol:

i just stumbled across it a few months ago, still havent got a clue of its origin, or how the person that put it together got ahold of one of my recordings since im pretty much only known locally (and i dont think it came out of Northampton, UK :unsure:)

only info i can give ya is that it could be an artist as unknown as myself, in which case you havent a hope in hell of finding any albums/official releases by them....on the other hand, theres a decent chance theyre more well-known than me, thought id put it out there anyway :lol:

Well bro, don't be a dumbass about it, obviously your on a compilation with the likes of Van Halen, Leatherwolf, Kiss, Led Zeppelin, and hundreds of bands, regardless of how or why its on there, so I would quit with the selling yourself short shit, just cause you haven't gotten the call yet, some bands thrive their whole careers off of being underground, and only having a cult following, so obviously somebody at some point heard your tape, liked it and thought it was good enough to go on this comp, that's how the biz works, maybe next time it will be a label rep, just keep tapes and discs circulating!

Well bro, don't be a dumbass about it, obviously your on a compilation with the likes of Van Halen, Leatherwolf, Kiss, Led Zeppelin, and hundreds of bands, regardless of how or why its on there, so I would quit with the selling yourself short shit, just cause you haven't gotten the call yet, some bands thrive their whole careers off of being underground, and only having a cult following, so obviously somebody at some point heard your tape, liked it and thought it was good enough to go on this comp, that's how the biz works, maybe next time it will be a label rep, just keep tapes and discs circulating!

heh heh, thanks :)

im just tryna make sure my head is still small enough to fit through the door, had an ego problem lately :P

but what confuses me is that i put that song on very few CDs, i think i did one demo that had it on it....and i made maybe 10 copies tops....i also sent it to a few friends on teh internetz, but i dont know how it could have gotten out of my immediate circle :/ i'd love to know who put this together!!

• 2 months later...

Okay people, for anybody that cares! Ive found this cd, it's called Starz - Party, it's 4 chicks from Sweden, I have the disc, it's pretty good, hard to nail down to a genre, as they are clearly dance, but use a lot of guitars as well, and do covers of I Remember You, and Heavens On Fire! good shit, I like it!

>> Okay people, for anybody that cares! Ive found this cd, it's called Starz - Party, it's 4 chicks from Sweden, I have the disc, it's pretty good, hard to nail down to a genre, as they are clearly dance, but use a lot of guitars as well, and do covers of I Remember You, and Heavens On Fire! good shit, I like it! <<

Throw it up somewhere if you can. I usually love shit like that. Short term guilty pleasure stuff

These "absolute hair metal" thingys are purely download compilations, right?

Just a bunch of tracks soemone is putting together...?

yep, theres about 150 of them and like i say, if i song like the one i did can get on there when i didnt even send it around then the lessar known bands could be real unknowns...

and i really wanna hear those covers Leykis!!

These "absolute hair metal" thingys are purely download compilations, right?

Just a bunch of tracks soemone is putting together...?

Yes, purely download, and it's more then just a bunch of trax someone thru together, dude it's like 39 or 40 Gigs total! you just download the torrent manager of your choice(bitcomet for me) then google, Absolute Hair Metal Torrent, then download the torrent, when you open the torrent(at least in bitcomet) it will bring up the track menu for whatever Vol you have the torrent for, you can go in and pick what songs you want and leave the rest! I still havent completely finished downloading what I want, it's a fucking huge compilation!