Metal Mayhem

That's the point in all of this. Be as vague as possible so that you have people divided. Half don't care and are satisfied. The others call bullshit and misled by the listing. It seems to be worth it to them to take the chance that the first group are the ones buying. But the fact that they are so hard to get a hold of does make all of this seem calculated.

That's it in a nutshell. And this email I got pretty much confirms that:

"I am not trying to scam you at all. I have both versions of the TYR in stock and thought I would send you the import version as it is a rarer cd. I in now way tried to rip you off. I sent the order right away. I can send you the IRS version tomorrow or I can refund you through paypal. Let me know and I will resolve this."

So out of the goodness of his heart, he decided to send me the reissue instead of the original, claiming it's rarer?

Oh.

OK, after looking at the link chocularok posted and reading this, this is just plain bullshit and I'm with Matt on this one.

That's the point in all of this. Be as vague as possible so that you have people divided. Half don't care and are satisfied. The others call bullshit and misled by the listing. It seems to be worth it to them to take the chance that the first group are the ones buying. But the fact that they are so hard to get a hold of does make all of this seem calculated.

That's it in a nutshell. And this email I got pretty much confirms that:

"I am not trying to scam you at all. I have both versions of the TYR in stock and thought I would send you the import version as it is a rarer cd. I in now way tried to rip you off. I sent the order right away. I can send you the IRS version tomorrow or I can refund you through paypal. Let me know and I will resolve this."

So out of the goodness of his heart, he decided to send me the reissue instead of the original, claiming it's rarer?

Oh.

And now you have a decision to make. Send back the copy that you did get and hope they send you the 1990 issue of the CD... Or be happy with what you have and not risk dealing with MM in trying to secure the 1990 issue. May just be time to cut losses as well as ties with MM.

Let us know the outcome.

Good Luck... ~ Dave ~

From my experience most dealers don't get too specific when it comes listing reissues. I'm pretty neurotic about that stuff when I list items on the Wishing Well site, but I think I'm in the minority! The best thing to do is always e-mail the seller before you make your purchase (if you have any doubts or questions). If Ryan fixes the problem right away that should be good enough. Not sure however what to make about the part from his e-mail where he decided which version to send and assumed it would be ok. Call me crazy, but we like to send our customers exactly what they order. LOL

Well, to update this fiasco...I received the 1990 version & returned the 1999 reissue. I should've demanded that he reimburse me for my shipping costs, but fuck it.

I also took the opportuninty to ask some specifics about another cd they have in stock (label, year of release, etc) just to see if they'd answer. Of course, I haven't gotten a response...fucking hillarious. Looks like the only way to get Ryan to communicate with you is to open a paypal dispute.