New Star Trek Trailer...

Dark Star

This movie looks freaking awesome...Just hope it lives up to the hype!!

i was gonna post this in the Star Trek XI thread i made awhile back but thought i was one of only abuot 5 people interested :P

ive been reading about this movie since it was announced back in mid 2006, so you can imagine how hyped i am about it!!!

and ive always said that they should remake The Original Series, since i was like 10 years old, so really....ive waited 8 years for this :P

I am actually getting more excited about the new Star Trek Movie coming out in May.. And I originally thought I wouldn't like it at all.....

Oh spare us. We know you've been sitting around in your Spock ears, sportin' a six-foot erection topped by a tribble ever since filming began... :lol:

I am actually getting more excited about the new Star Trek Movie coming out in May.. And I originally thought I wouldn't like it at all.....

Oh spare us. We know you've been sitting around in your Spock ears, sportin' a six-foot erection topped by a tribble ever since filming began... :lol:

Hey... you promised you'd never tell... :crying:

Made the mistake of wandering over to the Star Trek forums to get the take on the upcoming movie, even though I knew what I'd find.

Star Wars geeks and Lord of the Rings fanboys have nothing, I repeat NOTHING, on Trekkies.

Jesus H. Christ.

And I thought I needed to get a life...

*nasal whine*

Star Fleet would never allow a cadet to take command in any situation, see Regulations section 127 paragraph 8! In this trailer Kirk is still wearing a cadet uniform and you can especially see the cadet badge at 1:34 if you freeze it on frame 7. Man this movie is gunna suck! They're destroying the entire universe with this film! Where's my asthma inhaler?...

*whine*

May 8, 2009 - The number of pasty white 40-50 year old virgins that will be out in the sunlight for the first time in years will make it look like night of the living dead.

Egads.

Oh my f*cking christicles! What the f*ck?

I'm so glad I was blessed with a hatred for Star Trek.

May 8, 2009 - The number of pasty white 40-50 year old virgins that will be out in the sunlight for the first time in years will make it look like night of the living dead.

:rofl:

Made the mistake of wandering over to the Star Trek forums to get the take on the upcoming movie, even though I knew what I'd find.

Star Wars geeks and Lord of the Rings fanboys have nothing, I repeat NOTHING, on Trekkies.

Jesus H. Christ.

And I thought I needed to get a life...

*nasal whine*

Star Fleet would never allow a cadet to take command in any situation, see Regulations section 127 paragraph 8! In this trailer Kirk is still wearing a cadet uniform and you can especially see the cadet badge at 1:34 if you freeze it on frame 7. Man this movie is gunna suck! They're destroying the entire universe with this film! Where's my asthma inhaler?...

*whine*

Egads.

heh heh, yeah id have to agree with you there!

NERD ALERT:

admittedly i was abit surprised when the photos of the bridge were released and it didnt seem to fit into continuity at all, but some of the people that are boycotting this film because of minor plot points are pathetic -_-

they give Trek fans a bad name, Dark Star and myself arent like that...noooooo sir!

its because the continuity of Star Trek has remained pretty much unchanged in the last 40 years, even in DS9 when Sisko and the crew went back in time (bearing in mind this episode was made about 10 years ago) they went back in time to Kirks era and everything looked exactly the same as it did in the 60s, they never tried to upgrade the original show even though the newer shows were made on a bigger budget with flashier sets...

this is the first time that Star Trek has been rebooted since it started 43 years ago, and these people fear change :P

to be honest, i think what alot of people are missing here is that they were told for 2 years before the film was made that it would be a PREQUEL to The Original Series, now theyre saying it involves time travel and an alternate timeline due to a character from the Next Generation era making a change in Kirks past....this to me makes it a SEQUEL or a REBOOT, which is fine, but these fans were expecting a film that explained the backstory and fit into continuity perfectly, not one that erases everything that came after Enterprise (which was abit crap anyway)

i think theyd be fine with the film if it was marketed as a reboot that ignored all previous incarnations, the same way Batman Begins was marketed....but if theyd have marketed Batman Begins as a prequel to the Tim Burton Batman, i think alot of Batman fans woulda been pissed off :P its cause they tried to market the film to both trekkies and non-trekkies by rebooting it but tying it into the continuity of the show at the same....an idea im not too keen on personally, i would prefer if theyd have just severed all the ties.

and why do you hate Star Trek Geoff? its a classic!!