Hairball John

metaltrekman

I think there are some here that know of John weekly show. Most love the music he plays. Some sad news for friends and fans. And a tragedy for John...

from www.melodicrock.com

"Dear Valued Affiliates and Friends,

It is with a heavy heart that I inform you that The Hairball John Radio Show will be on hiatus for an undetermined amount of time. Most of you have been with us for many years and no doubt remember that my wife successfully battled cancer two years ago. This past week she was diagnosed with cancer again and I have all the confidence in the world that she will beat it ... again. But the situation is a little more severe this time and with my daughter now being 5 and active in extracurricular activities I feel it is important that my full focus be on my role as a father, husband and provider.

Even though normal weekly shows are being suspended, The Acid Chimp and I plan on trying to record a "final" show within the next week or two. How ironic that I step away from the mic exactly 6 years to the day that the show saw it's debut on FM. I have an immense amount of appreciation for you, the affiliates as well out our incredible listener base and it is important to me that we record a show that allows me to express that appreciation.

The Acid Chimp will be in contact with you regarding the upcoming new show and we welcome you to run encore shows as long as you see fit pulling from your own backlog.

The Hairball John Radio Show has grown beyond my wildest expectations and a lot of that thanks goes to you and the incredible support we have had. Without a doubt it has been one of the very best rides of my life and I am sure that at some point I will return in some capacity. The music is in my soul and passion rules the game.

But in the meantime please feel my heart felt thanks for your support and friendship and I wish each and everyone of you immense success, happiness and good health.

Rock on. "Hairball" John.

ARfm who broadcast HBJ's show will run repeats of past shows indefinitely in the same timeslot as usual as a show of support.

Thoughts and prayers for John, his family and especially his wife. Keep the faith Bro!!

I've been there and it's not fun. Best wishes and prayers to John and his family.

Going through the same now... It really changes the way you look at things.