Lost Weekend

Dead Planet

Haha, good to see no comments on this. I therefore assume everyone has stayed clear of it?

I have a real problem with this band. Every single CD they've recorded has a great, tight production job, except 'Presence of Mind'. Also, every single CD they've recorded has completely sucked, again, except 'Presence of Mind'. That was their one and only really good album, but what they've delivered since (and before) is just useless.

To descibe the new one I will refer only to the one song, 'Backstreet Livin'. Horrid lyrics, but any band could have made this song sound really good. Except Lost Weekend. How bored, by-the-numbers and restrained this song sounds is an example of what to expect from this disc. The fact that this song is by far the best on the disc is painful to acknowledge. :(

I have it and played it 3 or 4 times and got bored. It's not terrible and has one or two good moments, but nothing really stands out to be honest.

• 3 weeks later...

I've given the latest release another spin and it sounds pretty damn good to me!!

Of Course, I'm a fan of LW... I'd say it's the best cd all the way thru since the debut. More rockin and guitar oriented and less keyboards than past releases. Check out the guitar solo on "Life with the lid taken off"..it really rocks!! I found most of the tracks to be pretty catchy..maybe it's been heard before, but if it ain't broke.... I'd like to see them live in the U.S.!!

Was very disappointed in this. I have all their releases and was really anticipating the release after an MP3 track was posted on Melodicrock.com about a month prior. I loved the MP3 track. As it turns out, that was 'THE' track on the entire album....the rest was fertilizer!!!

I'd say it's the best cd all the way thru since the debut.

Wow, big call, mate.

Just while we're all here (all 5 of us who actually know who Lost Weekend are), I'm interested to know what all you guys think is their best disc. As I said in my above post, I still think 'Presence of mind' is the only good CD they have ever released. Is this one not generally thought of as their best?

Wow, big call, mate.

Just while we're all here (all 5 of us who actually know who Lost Weekend are), I'm interested to know what all you guys think is their best disc. As I said in my above post, I still think 'Presence of mind' is the only good CD they have ever released. Is this one not generally thought of as their best?

i still find thier debut is their best... but thats just me... everything else after doesn't even come close but are solid stuff.

Wow, big call, mate.

i still find thier debut is their best... but thats just me... everything else after doesn't even come close but are solid stuff.

you're right.. maybe a little too big a call!!(the latest one) Out of my whole cd collection,

the Lost Weekend s/t is one of my faves!! I like it all the way through!!

Some really good tunes on the others though.. I hear they are a good live band!