SMASH... the coolest Aussie glam band u have never heard!

glam_junkie

Say hello to SMASH

l_f8beb998d8a297df7850af14cf7d1c46.jpg

Sleazy glam from Adelaide, Australia circa 1989.

Amazing that a band like this can go undiscovered.

Their original reels were coverted a short while back and they have launched a myspace page to feature the tracks.

Unfortunately the tapes suffered a bit of damage in storage but they are doing the best to restore them. Depending on how well they can be recvoered, one of the current crop of re-issue labels have gotta jump on these guys.

Is that Stevie Rachelle on vocals, or just his twin brother?!?!? These guys were sleazy glam, and lsitening to their songs... they make the candy harlots sound like church choir music.

Check them out!

http://www.myspace.com/smash80s

:banger:

l_257c212c0ea954bfc510c97a9dd18869.jpg

I'm wondering if that Kick Start poster is the Aussie band who released 'Hook Line N' Sinker' etc. in the early-mid 90's

I've been trying to get hold of all their CD's/EP's for some time now but no such luck.

BTW Smash - 'Out For Blood' kicks ass!

I'm wondering if that Kick Start poster is the Aussie band who released 'Hook Line N' Sinker' etc. in the early-mid 90's

I've been trying to get hold of all their CD's/EP's for some time now but no such luck.

2nd guy from right... WORST SHIRT EVER!

it's the same band, lindsay aka glam junkie should be able to assist you in completing your kick start collection.

from what i recall smash never released anything but then again i'm sure they did a cassette & 7 inch demo.

Yes, that's the same Kickstart.

BTW, I have PM'd you about the cds and EP's. I should be able to assist you here.

Not too bad. 'The heartache remains' sounds to be the best of that lot. To be completely honest, not overly blown away but I'd still like to check out a disc. And it's cool to see a band like this come out of Australia.

for those that asked....

yes, they did do a demo cassette.

no, they never released a 7".

ahh yes... adeladie smash did the cassette demo... & other smash did a 7 inch demo lp.

anyone own the original demo cassette by this fine adelaide rockers?

trying to find out if they have any of the cassettes still.

Andy (vocals) is in the process of transferring some old vhs to dvd.