Nailpoint

phaffas

Haha... I had an opportunity to hear this thing the other day and I passed because I figured I knew exactly what they'd sound like (average dime-a-dozen nu-metal). And guess what... they sound exactly like how I pictured they would! :lol:

Big pass for me.

Haha... I had an opportunity to hear this thing the other day and I passed because I figured I knew exactly what they'd sound like (average dime-a-dozen nu-metal). And guess what... they sound exactly like how I pictured they would! :lol:

Big pass for me.

but you like everything else that sounds like Nickelback?

Big pass for me.

Mate, Nickelback haven't made a nu-metal sounding album since that 'The state' atrocity. Since then there's been nothing slow-paced (except the ballads) and nu-metal about their albums at all. They're just a hard rock band - like them or not. And yes, I like hard rock bands.

These guys sound nothing like Nickelback, in my opinion. Slow, dreary nu-metal/rock.

If you can honestly tell me you'd bat an eyelid over a band like this if they weren't Christian I'll email you my balls to hang on your Christmas tree. :)

Big pass for me.

Mate, Nickelback haven't made a nu-metal sounding album since that 'The state' atrocity. Since then there's been nothing slow-paced (except the ballads) and nu-metal about their albums at all. They're just a hard rock band - like them or not. And yes, I like hard rock bands.

These guys sound nothing like Nickelback, in my opinion. Slow, dreary nu-metal/rock.

If you can honestly tell me you'd bat an eyelid over a band like this if they weren't Christian I'll email you my balls to hang on your Christmas tree. :)

Nickelback, Hinder, TOAD, Rev Theory, are all pretty much the same :).... even the best song on Faber Drive sounds like Nickelback.

I wrote this post whilst listening to the first song on their myspace... which was pretty damn cool. The second song i listened to sucked!

The 3rd was pretty decent....

So would i buy this? Only if i saw it cheap at this point... but there are people here whod be interested in it... hence the post...

Big pass for me.

Nickelback, Hinder, TOAD, Rev Theory, are all pretty much the same :).... even the best song on Faber Drive sounds like Nickelback.

I wrote this post whilst listening to the first song on their myspace... which was pretty damn cool. The second song i listened to sucked!

The 3rd was pretty decent....

So would i buy this? Only if i saw it cheap at this point... but there are people here whod be interested in it... hence the post...

I agree all those bands you mentioned are similar in style - and all are modern melodic rock/hard rock bands. I definitely wouldn't put these Nailpoint guys anywhere near that category. Even in that list, Rev Theory borders very close to nu-metal at times. Aside from the killer first track.

No issue with you posting this at all, mate. Just giving my opinion which is sadly something I do often. ;)

FYI, if you really do dig these guys try stuff like:

Trustgame

Evans Blue

Crossfade

Nonpoint

Everything At Once

... and literally 99% of the bands at that blog link I think I gave you once - Rest In Peace I think it's called.

If you can honestly tell me you'd bat an eyelid over a band like this if they weren't Christian, I'll email you my balls to hang on your Christmas tree.

I'll have to pass. I like my Christmas tree ornaments to be big enough for people to actually see them.

If you can honestly tell me you'd bat an eyelid over a band like this if they weren't Christian, I'll email you my balls to hang on your Christmas tree.

I'll have to pass. I like my Christmas tree ornaments to be big enough for people to actually see them.

... instead of so big they block all doorways and don't allow anyone to enter the room? I see your logic, mate. No worries. Balls are staying attached anyway... 'cause no one really likes Nailpoint. :D

• 3 weeks later...

... instead of so big they block all doorways and don't allow anyone to enter the room? I see your logic, mate. No worries. Balls are staying attached anyway...'cause no one really likes Nailpoint. :D

Well, Geoff, consider yourself wrong (something you should be used to by now), because I finally got around to listening to the songs on Nailpoint's MySpace page and I really liked 'em. Not just kind of liked them--really liked them. Liked them a lot. And them being Christian has nothing to do with it (though in my case, it's a plus, obviously). So, do you need my address to mail your balls to? I figure once I have them, I'll sell them on eBay as a rarity--The World's Smallest Testicles!--and use the money to buy a copy of Nailpoint's CD.

I honestly don't believe you for a second, mate. A man of your sometimes good taste would not sink this low, even for the sake of a few references to God. ;)

I honestly don't believe you for a second, mate. A man of your sometimes good taste would not sink this low, even for the sake of a few references to God. ;)

Honestly, buddy, all jokes aside, I really do like what I'm hearing with this band. Reminds me quite a bit of Decyfer Down, which, if you recall, I ranted & raved about when it came out. So, you can keep your testicles (they're all covered with pug-spit anyway) but I will still be buying a copy of Nailpoint's album.

Honestly, buddy, all jokes aside, I really do like what I'm hearing with this band. Reminds me quite a bit of Decyfer Down, which, if you recall, I ranted & raved about when it came out. So, you can keep your testicles (they're all covered with pug-spit anyway) but I will still be buying a copy of Nailpoint's album.

Yeah, you do like some of that kind of stuff, hey (poor bastard ;) )? Still, I forecast it will appear in one of your sale lists for $2 at the start of next year. :lol:

Seriously, though, mate, if you honestly like these guys go through that list I think I typed up here (I think). There are a ridiculous amount of bands that sound just like these clowns. I mean guys.

Yeah, you do like some of that kind of stuff, hey (poor bastard ;) )? Still, I forecast it will appear in one of your sale lists for $2 at the start of next year. :lol:

Seriously, though, mate, if you honestly like these guys go through that list I think I typed up here (I think). There are a ridiculous amount of bands that sound just like these clowns. I mean guys.

I think its their single on myspace... Killer!

• 1 month later...
Where can I buy the Nailpoint CD? I have had trouble locating it tonight, except for mp3s.

I recently got my copy off eBay, but if you go to www.nailpointmusic.com and make your way to the merchandise section, you can buy it for $10. Hope that helps.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Sadly I must agree with Geoff. Total sludge rock to these ears. Just kinda droning on and on. Not a single track on their myspace impressed me at all.