Kooga - Across The Water

JC_AOR

as I said, up to you.

No way would I waste my time listening to 250+ garbage albums every year tho.

Even in a year as strong as 2017 promises to be 70% will be breached before album no 30.

Unless we are very lucky.

I know where you're going with it, but it's not anywhere near that black and white. I absolutely love individual songs on some 70% albums. Songs that are a highlight of my year.

And also, are you suggesting that you just - without fail - pick the best 30 albums of the year and thus don't need to hear the rest of them? I'd bet the underside of my ballsack that you miss a few great albums every year that way. Yes, I might listen to a lot of albums as a once off, but that's a minor issue when I get time to listen to 10+ albums per day. ;)

I check most out for sure but will be a quick skip through in like 5 mins and if nothing grabs me its binned. I certainly wouldn't go to the lengths of rating them..........

I rely on you to post the good songs I miss ;)

as I said, up to you.

No way would I waste my time listening to 250+ garbage albums every year tho.

Even in a year as strong as 2017 promises to be 70% will be breached before album no 30.

Unless we are very lucky.

I know where you're going with it, but it's not anywhere near that black and white. I absolutely love individual songs on some 70% albums. Songs that are a highlight of my year.

And also, are you suggesting that you just - without fail - pick the best 30 albums of the year and thus don't need to hear the rest of them? I'd bet the underside of my ballsack that you miss a few great albums every year that way. Yes, I might listen to a lot of albums as a once off, but that's a minor issue when I get time to listen to 10+ albums per day. ;)

I check most out for sure but will be a quick skip through in like 5 mins and if nothing grabs me its binned. I certainly wouldn't go to the lengths of rating them..........

I rely on you to post the good songs I miss ;)

Lol, that's how I roll. Just think, if not for ball gobblers like myself, you'd still be blindly hating Magic Dance. ;)

You want to know what's sad here.......most of us have so much music, there's no possible way to have enought time to listen to all of it over and over. I'm sure there's a majority here that have stuff stashed away that they most likely will NEVER listen to again. I have CDs and tapes in boxes after boxes downstairs. Sometimes when I go down there, I find bands I never knew I had. Honestly! I keep the stuff that really interests me upstairs on shelves near the CD player and tape player. When I buy something new that looks interesting......I try to give it a play within the first week and after a quick appraisal, make the decision to stash it or play it again.......Yeah, I couldn't imagine going though the entire collection and giving it a rating. Geoff, you are a gluten for punishment man.......more power to ya!

You want to know what's sad here.......most of us have so much music, there's no possible way to have enought time to listen to all of it over and over. I'm sure there's a majority here that have stuff stashed away that they most likely will NEVER listen to again. I have CDs and tapes in boxes after boxes downstairs. Sometimes when I go down there, I find bands I never knew I had. Honestly! I keep the stuff that really interests me upstairs on shelves near the CD player and tape player. When I buy something new that looks interesting......I try to give it a play within the first week and after a quick appraisal, make the decision to stash it or play it again.......Yeah, I couldn't imagine going though the entire collection and giving it a rating. Geoff, you are a gluten for punishment man.......more power to ya!

Haha, thanks. It's annoying, but there is also a light at the end of the tunnel. And how many of us here can say they have listened to every single one of their CDs in the past year? I can say it. ;) It's been cool listening to albums I haven't heard for so long, but not so cool when the albums suck. ;)

Haha, thanks. It's annoying, but there is also a light at the end of the tunnel. And how many of us here can say they have listened to every single one of their CDs in the past year? I can say it. ;) It's been cool listening to albums I haven't heard for so long, but not so cool when the albums suck. ;)

And we are patiently waiting for your overall top 100 discs ever.

(So we can rip it apart :lol: )

And we are patiently waiting for your overall top 100 discs ever.

(So we can rip it apart :lol: )

By rip it apart, you mean feverishly rip into it, making sure you have every single album because you understand it is 100% accurate?

To be honest, my top 100 is probably complete now, as I doubt a top 100 album is going to be in all these MP3s... but you never know. I am annoyed that I seem to have misplaced / lost that No Love Lost album from 2009 - from the guy who went on to Star City Meltdown. I just can't find that album anywhere. :( And it's impossible to find anywhere else. Not sure it'd crack my all-time top 100, but it's a really good album I want rated.

Have you changed computers? Otherwise the files should be on yr laptop?

Yeah, I've changed computers, but it shouldn't matter as I've always had music on external drives. And I do have everything else... except that album. It's uncanny, and extremely frustrating. It's been absolutely impossible to find anywhere else on the net, made even harder by the fact it was only released as an MP3 album anyway.