38 Special singer

38 Special singer  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I like all three, but Sir Don Barnes is my fave :bowdown:

Now someone get that Fucking DB solo album released properly!! PLEASE

Yeah Jez Don Barnes is my fav too.

Now about his solo album is really very rare i have a CDR of this and really is a Great AOR with some of Southern style for example songs as "Ride The Storm(2nd fav), I've Been Looking For You, Everytime I Say Goodbye, After The Way, Johnny Ain't So Cool(my fav), Through The Eyes Of Love(bonus)" my favs are Super AOR tracks a Great album 90/100.

Listen it here http://scpublicity.com/ridethestorm/

Max Carl and his solo album from 1985 "Circle" is a good album of AOR/Rock "Radical Prodigal, The Circle(my fav a Super song), Curves" are my favs 80/100.

I like all three, but Sir Don Barnes is my fave :bowdown:

Now someone get that Fucking DB solo album released properly!! PLEASE

Yeah Jez Don Barnes is my fav too.

Now about his solo album is really very rare i have a CDR of this and really is a Great AOR with some of Southern style for example songs as "Ride The Storm(2nd fav), I've Been Looking For You, Everytime I Say Goodbye, After The Way, Johnny Ain't So Cool(my fav), Through The Eyes Of Love(bonus)" my favs are Super AOR tracks a Great album 90/100.

Listen it here http://scpublicity.com/ridethestorm/

Max Carl and his solo album from 1985 "Circle" is a good album of AOR/Rock "Radical Prodigal, The Circle(my fav a Super song), Curves" are my favs 80/100.

Rafo - I already have the DB solo disc, although mine isn't a great recording. I just wish someone would release it properly. 'Looking For You' is an awesome track.

I didn't like as much the Max Carl 'Circle' disc. It has a few good tracks, but not that great for me.

I really can't choose but if you put a gun to my head it would be Donnie by a hair. The first 2 albums he does all the vocals on and I really enjoy his songs on the other albums, maybe because they are not over-played. Don was a hit machine and Max did a really good job.

I must add that I've been listening to the 2 Max Carl albums and those 2 blow away the 2 new studio albums that they have put out since Don came back to the band. Some really great tunes on those albums. I really think the band misses Jeff a lot as a guitar player and song writer. Danny is really good on guitar but I think Jeff probably was a better songwriter.

I must add that I've been listening to the 2 Max Carl albums and those 2 blow away the 2 new studio albums that they have put out since Don came back to the band. Some really great tunes on those albums. I really think the band misses Jeff a lot as a guitar player and song writer. Danny is really good on guitar but I think Jeff probably was a better songwriter.

Completely agree mate. The 2 Max Carl discs were excellent and alot better than the patchy 'Resolution' and 'Drive Train'.

I think I've seen the band in almost every line-up they've had. I even got the rare priviledge of seeing them right when Don came back into the band. Jeff was still there, Danny of course was there and then Don was there for a nice 3 guitar attack. They were selling a cassette single at the show's then. one side was I FALL BACK and the other was THE SQUEEZE. Much better version of The Squeeze than on Drivetrain, much. and the original version of Tooper With An Attitude is much better than the one on DriveTrain

Completely agree mate. The 2 Max Carl discs were excellent and alot better than the patchy 'Resolution' and 'Drive Train'.

have you heard the Max Carl & Big Dance cd one planed, one groove?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
who sings on 'second chance'?

Max Carl - Fantastic song :bowdown:

What a great lite/ aor song it is ... the way they step up into the key change at the end hooks me every time.

Someone told me he was the guy who sang 'Curly Shuffle" can anyone back it ?

but back to the original question : Don by a mile ! Equal in degree to the Bad Co. poll; to me, its just not .38 without Don Barnes.

• 4 weeks later...

I think that I have to go with Don Barnes, but all three are incredible singers. You definitely need both Don and Donnie in .38 Special. Max's work with the band was great as well and he has also done other fine work.