Voodoo Circle

phaffas

Alex Beyrodt’s Voodoo Circle Debut Album “Voodoo Circle” August 11th,2008 Alex Beyrodt’s VOODOO CIRCLE News, Information & Updates! After a long and very enjoyable production the amazing debut album of Alex Beyrodt’s VOODOO CIRCLE is now ready. The masters will now be delivered to the record companies. Voodoo Circle is: Alex Beyrodt – guitars David Readman – vox Mat Sinner – bass Mel Gaynor – drums Jimmy Kresic – keys Guest appearances on the debut from the following amazing musicians: Doogie White (Rainbow, Yngwie Malmsteen’s Rising Force) Rudy Sarzo (Quiet Riot, Ozzy Osbourne, Whitesnake, Dio) Richard Andersson (Majestic, Time Requiem, Space Odyssey) Norifumu Shima (Concerto Moon).

http://www.myspace.com/voodoocircleband

Sounds kind of interesting - sort of... what's the music like?

ill listen in a sec...

it could be just yet another melodic rock "project" that will be forgotten in a few months time..

If I'm being completely honest, I have no hope for this project at all, but out of obligation to Readman's work with PC69 and some moments on his solo disc I guess I'd prefer to hear it before forgetting about it instantly.

I saw some metal project somewhere else on the board with members of Harem Scarem and Emerald Rain, which sounds like a dream come true until I read a little more and it just sounded like some forgettable metal crap. Hope this isn't the same.

Ive just given the samples a quick listen. Sounds decent. Kinda similar vibe to Allen/Lande, but maybe a bit more on the rock side... and with Readman on vocals.. and still enough pc69 vibe thrown in also.

"Kingdom of the blind" sounds like somehwhat of a rocking PC69 song, but with a weird solo like that of Lars Mattson thrown in..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Listened to the three sound samples and that was enough. It's shredding guitar work, but that was about it. I'll stick with Readman's solo cd.

Good option.

I'd call this somewhere between PC69 leftovers and that horrid Allen/Laine/Readman disc from a few years ago. Seriously, some halfway decent stuff here but it just screams poor PC69 b-sides. Lots of songs about illusions, reality, master of bullshit etc. Yeah, I won't spin it again... if I ever make it through this first spin! HAHA. That's the other thing - a long album with long dreary songs.

• 5 years later...