Carmen Gray: Welcome To Grayland

Stefan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have to admit I'm loving this new disc. I honestly haven't heard the debut in so long and I have to play them both back to back, but I think I might almost prefer this new one. Some great hard rockin' tunes here. Great stuff.

I have to admit I'm loving this new disc. I honestly haven't heard the debut in so long and I have to play them both back to back, but I think I might almost prefer this new one. Some great hard rockin' tunes here. Great stuff.

I have both on my Zen and span them both back to back at work the other night. The debut is a clear winner in my book, although after repeated plays, the new one is improving. For the amount of wedge I paid for this, I wish I had waited for the Jap version, that has not 1 but 3 bonus tracks for fucks sake. I may get it and ebay the other, like I did with 'Portrait'.

I have both on my Zen and span them both back to back at work the other night. The debut is a clear winner in my book, although after repeated plays, the new one is improving. For the amount of wedge I paid for this, I wish I had waited for the Jap version, that has not 1 but 3 bonus tracks for fucks sake. I may get it and ebay the other, like I did with 'Portrait'.

:lol: You poor bastard. Three bonus tracks sounds interesting...

• 2 months later...

:lol: You poor bastard. Three bonus tracks sounds interesting...

Just got the Jap version of 'Welcome To Grayland' and I am pretty glad I picked this up now (as with the debut), as the 3 extra tracks on here turn out to be better than most of the others on the album.

Hearts Broken (Demo)

You And I (Demo)

Colorful

All 3 really nice tracks, that take this album up a couple of notches in the quality dept.

• 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• 2021 HH Donation Drive

Please support Heavy Harmonies! The donations goal is the out-of-pocket expenses to run the main site and this board for calendar year 2021.

76% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
    • No atheist denies love is a thing. It has chemicals that make it happen but that closeness between human beings is clearly a thing and it feels good. It's also an essential part of pair bonding and the raising of the next generation.  You believe in life after death. I do too. I look at it every time I see my children. My part of the cycle of life ends when I stop puffing though.   
    • When it comes down to it, it is the love that matters. I feel the love of Christ in my life. I feel the certainty that He loves me. An atheist says that does not exist, it's imaginary. You even deny love to even be a thing, it's a chemical, it has no meaning. You walk outside, you see trees, you hear birdsong, and it means nothing. I see beauty everywhere I go, the beauty of Christ and His creation. I know beauty can be corrupted. I know evil exists. I know there is death. That is free will, baby. A person chooses to do what they do. Do I care if you believe what I know to be true to my core of being? No, not really. It's like someone saying to me "Def Leppard's Pyromania sucks". I know the music moves me and I love it. With Christ in my life it is that feeling x 1000. If it angers you that I have this love, as it seems to for some here, I can only apologise. It would be like not breathing to deny it. If that hurts your feelings cause once upon a time some church or Christian hurt you, I can just say, don't blame God for the followers. Evil appears in every element. Humans are fallible. Humans do bad shit. I am only responsible for my own soul. Do I want God to come down and intervene in every evil? Hell no. I love that we are free to choose. Forcing someone to love you is not love. Also, how about people be responsible for what they choose to do rather than blame God? You say there is nothing but death and darkness at the end. I know this is just a plane of existence and death has lost its sting. Again, I stress, I don't care if you agree or not. I'm not here to judge you. You are free to choose. I just ask for the same courtesy that you accept I don't share your views and that you can move past your hatred for that choice (not all on this site, just some).
    • Probably the wisest thing said on this thread.  Realistically, we're all in this position. 
    • Yesterday-G'N'R
    • From Frontiers: Frontiers Music Srl is pleased to announce the release of "Before The Sun Sets", the upcoming debut album from City Of Lights on February 11, 2022. City Of Lights is an exciting new melodic hard rock collaboration between British newcomer songwriter/guitarist Neil Austin and Greek vocal sensation Manos Fatsis (Odyssey Desperado, Hideaway). They deliver hard-edged melodic anthems driven by crunchy riffs and lush keyboard textures combined with soaring, passion-filled vocal melodies. Tracklist: 1. Racing On The Redline 2. Heart's On Fire 3. Emily 4. Heat Of The Night 5. Dying Light 6. Give Me Back My Heart 7. Put Your Heart On The Line 8. Snake Eyes 9. Joanna 10. Midnight Club 11. How To Love 12. Before The Sun Sets   LINE-UP: Manos Fatsis: Lead Vocals Neil Austin: Rhythm Guitar, Backing Choirs, Programming Robin Eriksson: Bass, Harmony Vocals Mats Eriksson: Drums Guest Musicians:  Guitar Solos: Nathan Doyle - Racing On The Redline, Heart's On Fire, Heat Of The Night, Dying Light, Midnight Club Daniel Johansson - Give Me Back My Heart, Snake Eyes, Before The Sun Sets Jonathan Carlemar - Snake Eyes, Joanna Mike Kyriakou (Kyre) - Emily Wahwah Guitar: Matt Farmer - Snake Eyes Keyboard Solo: Mikael Blanc - Before The Sun Sets Piano: Joel Selsfors - How To Love       
    • From MelodicRock Classics: MRC008 – HEADWAY (Featuring Steve McClintock) – Headway                                     1CD Limited Edition Unreleased pomp-AOR / melodic rock album from 1980 featuring vocalist and guitarist Steven McClintock. Includes original master tracks plus a couple of live bonus tracks recorded in 1981.    
    • To be honest, it doesn't really concern me if he did or didn't. I put it out there are a kind of olive branch (ie: not everything is completely imaginary and made up) Not many lives were well documented 2000 years ago. Likelihood is that he existed, and had some small amount of notoriety. Was killed and became a Randy Rhodes or Jeff Buckley. A lot more famous after death than when alive. The bibles changed over the years, his exploits became more impressive and eventually  became a demi god. Ironically I love easter and Jesus stories. They make great stories
    • That's really not proven. Opinions split. On the balance of it there is a fair chance he existed but it cannot be proven definitively he did.  His life isn't well documented outside of the bible.  It's long but this is a good video on the topic.     
    • I thank that may be partially due to his delivery style. He'll read part of a quote/sentence/article, make a pithy remark, lather rinse repeat. So it takes him a while to get through things and for the full point to come across. I think if he cut down his breaks by 50% it would be much more digestable. Still, as Lefties go, he's seemingly got more brain power and common sense than many...      

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.