Society Red

Glen

Kind of a modern rock super group, featuring ex Burn Season frontman Damien Starkey - unsigned at the moment but I cant imagine these guys having to wait too long for a deal.

All the songs featured are on a new EP and sound pretty damned good to me.

Probably like a cross of Shinedown, TOAD.

Whatever its another great modern rock EP for 08.....I love the end of 'Chasing The Reason'.

http://www.myspace.com/societyredjax

:banger:

No-one heard this yet or do you all just think its shite??? :unsure:

I really like this. Its heavy and in your face modern rock. A couple of the songs are really great...'Everything' for a start.

Yeah this is kinda interesting. Great vocals & some good tunes, be very interested in a full album from these guys. Very similar sounding to Shinedown...

Heard these guys this morning... very good stuff. Why you'd release a 7 track EP instead of a full disc I don't know... but these 7 tracks are all very strong. And this thread wouldn't be out of place in the 'Hard rock' forum and these guys are pretty much just straight up hard rock... the vocalist actually reminds me a bit of Jamie Rowe.

Heard these guys this morning... very good stuff. Why you'd release a 7 track EP instead of a full disc I don't know... but these 7 tracks are all very strong. And this thread wouldn't be out of place in the 'Hard rock' forum and these guys are pretty much just straight up hard rock... the vocalist actually reminds me a bit of Jamie Rowe.

Such a range of styles over those 7 songs - obviously the band members previous band styles are all there, but I also get some Theory and even Papa Roach coming through.

I would imagine the EP is a first step as they are waiting on a deal, but as I said before with the guy's reputation a deal must be just round the corner. These songs on a full production job would be just great.

Damn! I just finally got around to checking these guys out. This is kickin' modern melodic metal here! Great call once again Lennie. Anyone know where you can snag the 7 song EP that's floating around apparently? I want one.

Damn! I just finally got around to checking these guys out. This is kickin' modern melodic metal here! Great call once again Lennie. Anyone know where you can snag the 7 song EP that's floating around apparently? I want one.

I dont think a hard copy of it actually exists - a while back the songs were available to purchase on their myspace via the Snocap player/purchaser.

My bro had downloaded the tunes and I burnt it off him - the record levels are all over the place so must be like demos (although better quality than that).

I cant imagine that a full deal is too far off for these guys tho - and a full album would be great - I'll be first in line to buy the album when it is released.

PS the songs are all over the net if you really want them :whistle:

:drink:

• 10 months later...

So this is now available on disc - you can get it from CD Baby - have to say it absolutely kicks major arse.

Fans of Shinedown will lap this up.

Cos this wasnt readily available in 08 - just leaked tracks....this has to be an 09 release...certainly a Mar 09 on itunes.

Defo top tenner in the modern stakes...and probably a lot higher than that.

Also just noticed a new tune on Myspace called 'Backdown' which is also v nice.

:guitbannana:

So this is now available on disc - you can get it from CD Baby - have to say it absolutely kicks major arse.

Cos this wasnt readily available in 08 - just leaked tracks....this has to be an 09 release...certainly a Mar 09 on itunes.

Are you sure this is available on disc? I just went to CD Baby and it showed $12 for the mp3 download for it. I didn't see anywhere where you could order a hard copy. Maybe I'm just blind though. I do want this.

Are you sure this is available on disc? I just went to CD Baby and it showed $12 for the mp3 download for it. I didn't see anywhere where you could order a hard copy. Maybe I'm just blind though. I do want this.

wow that's unreal.....was available just the other week...if you search society red you will see the option for the disc at $15....must have sold out.

wow that's unreal.....was available just the other week...if you search society red you will see the option for the disc at $15....must have sold out.

Yeah, I saw the initial search where it shows a hard copy for $15. But, when u click on their actual page, there's nowhere to actual order it, just the mp3s. I've put in an e-mail to cdbaby to see what the status is on it.

Nice. It'll be good to hear these songs with a worthwhile production job. I remember those MP3s I had were awesome songs, but poor sound quality. Good stuff. Just wish they'd made the effort with 2 more tracks to make it a 10 track release.

Nice. It'll be good to hear these songs with a worthwhile production job. I remember those MP3s I had were awesome songs, but poor sound quality. Good stuff. Just wish they'd made the effort with 2 more tracks to make it a 10 track release.

well the disc is 8 tracks and theres at least another 2 tracks floating around which makes a very nice 10 track cdr. Right up there with Shinedown.

well the disc is 8 tracks and theres at least another 2 tracks floating around which makes a very nice 10 track cdr. Right up there with Shinedown.

I'm picking up what you're putting down. ;)

Gave the 10 tracks a spin last night and I like this. Looking forward to many more spins.

I'm picking up what you're putting down. ;)

Gave the 10 tracks a spin last night and I like this. Looking forward to many more spins.

I dont think there's a filler on it to be honest. If anything Id say the first 2 tracks are weaker and the album really kicks into gear at 'Everything' which I love. The second half is pretty killer throughout.

Nice effort and almost on a par with Shinedown.

'Welcome To The Show' is a bit of an arse kicker with a good production innit.

Here's the reply I got from CD Baby today in reference to physical copies of their disc:

Hi Chris -

I am really sorry, that band has asked us to sell that album as a MP3 download only. We don't sell physical copies of that album.

I wish we did, but we just don't! Perhaps they are out of print, I am not sure, but they requested that we only sell the digital download.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Cheers,

Amy

Here's the reply I got from CD Baby today in reference to physical copies of their disc:

Hi Chris -

I am really sorry, that band has asked us to sell that album as a MP3 download only. We don't sell physical copies of that album.

I wish we did, but we just don't! Perhaps they are out of print, I am not sure, but they requested that we only sell the digital download.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Cheers,

Amy

Ho hum.......as I said earlier in this thread I got the original 8 tracks from itunes.....I know some of you guys insist on the physical copy, but 99% of my listening is on my ipod so I dont mind. In any case you need the 2 extra tracks 'Vegas' and 'High Life' as both are excellent...you find these 2 on the net.

Cheers

Not all that excited by this one, don't really like the vocals. Will definitely skip it if is download only.

Not all that excited by this one, don't really like the vocals. Will definitely skip it if is download only.

Wow, big mistake mate....this is pretty killer to these ears. Very Shinedown.

Sorry mate got this mixed up with Evans Blue (which I don't like), this is cool stuff. Though it looks like download only again....

Sorry mate got this mixed up with Evans Blue (which I don't like), this is cool stuff. Though it looks like download only again....

Did you listen to Bulletproof? Great song that one........

This one reminds me a lot of Nickelback too. I'm liking it, but I've listened to it about 10 times now and not too much is sticking too much yet. Good but not bowling me over.