Blind - s/t

Geoff

I've just been listening to the debut from new German band, Blind and I have to say these guys are great. Modern melodic rock fans are going to dig these guys. All 13 songs on the debut are very strong, with songs like 'You' being extra special. All the links I can find appear to be in German, but I dare say these guys might even be a christian band too? Not sure, but a few songs lead me to believe that... but thankfully their message is not in your face or obvious. Check these guys out:

Official site:

http://www.blindpage.de/media.htm

Myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/officialblind

01- Jesus only knows

02 -Break away

03 -We can stay

04 -Save me now

05 -You

06 -People

07 -Today I break loose

08 -Love is gone

09 -Triple X

10 -Ordinary day

11 -Every you every me

12 -These are the days

13 -Wake me up

'Jesus only knows' on Youtube:

Not bad, but not great either. Of course, I only heard like three sound samples. I was hoping for a bigger punch on the choruses.

Chris

Not bad, but not great either. Of course, I only heard like three sound samples. I was hoping for a bigger punch on the choruses.

Chris

Give them another go mate, I think you'll like these guys. :)

Really good stuff, I'm definately interested in these guys. I found a copy on E-Bay from Germany but it was fairly expensive. Let me know if you find somewhere affordable to buy it from.

'You' is one of my favourite songs of this year, no doubt. I am in love with it.

'Triple X' is also excellent. I love most these songs. The vocals are funny. Sometimes they remind me of that twat from Bowling For Soup, and other times (like on 'You') he has a great melodic rock voice like Kevin Chalfant.

Great disc.

Really good stuff, I'm definately interested in these guys. I found a copy on E-Bay from Germany but it was fairly expensive. Let me know if you find somewhere affordable to buy it from.

Yeah mate, this seems to be the problem. This CD is really great - I am loving it... but there doesn't appear to be anywhere on the net that is selling it for an affordable price. Shame, because it'd probably be rating pretty damn high with appreciators of modern rock. :(

• 1 year later...
Yep Ive been at their myspace page before - sounded good, but I havent checked it out yet.

And I never did................what a prick.

I fuckin love this thing!

Holy shit this rocks like a bstard....looking forward to another listen tomorrow morning.

As you say (Geoff) 'You' and 'triple x' are awesome, but I pretty much like everything i hear.

Excellent job on this one my friend....and thank God we had that chat over in the other thread otherwise i still wouldnt have heard this!

:drink:

Haha... glad you like. Yeah, I gave up promoting this, but it's a killer CD. Still looking for an original. This and Silly Fools are two CDs I REALLY, REALLY want to own hard copies of, but they're impossible to find. :( But yeah, easily one of the top CDs from last year.

On further inspection, looks like this may have just been MP3 download. :(

Yeah I've been after this one for a while as well. Last time I looked I could only find one copy and it was quite expensive but looking now there are a few copies on E-Bay (though very hard to search for with a name like that) and it is also being sold on their website for 12 Euros. I think you can find it on Amazon as well.

Blind CD on Amazon

Blind CD on E-Bay US$19

Blind CD on their website

On further inspection, looks like this may have just been MP3 download. :(

Yeah I've been after this one for a while as well. Last time I looked I could only find one copy and it was quite expensive but looking now there are a few copies on E-Bay (though very hard to search for with a name like that) and it is also being sold on their website for 12 Euros. I think you can find it on Amazon as well.

Blind CD on Amazon

Blind CD on E-Bay US$19

Blind CD on their website

Nice research mate. I knew I'd seen the actual CD for sale...

But yeah, I agree. Very difficult band to search for, made even harder by the fact the disc is s/t. Those prices are just a little high for me though...

Shit - this is great stuff. "You" is awesome but I like all the tracks too. Will hunt this down ASAP....

Shit - this is great stuff. "You" is awesome but I like all the tracks too. Will hunt this down ASAP....

Mate, the whole album is great....just a shame Im like a year behind.

Right just listened to this again all the way through and I am officially in love with this album.

Would have sat comfortably at no 2 spot last year in the modern stakes behind Hinder (& that's only just). Immense album.

Right just listened to this again all the way through and I am officially in love with this album.

Would have sat comfortably at no 2 spot last year in the modern stakes behind Hinder (& that's only just). Immense album.

Wow - if it's very nearly as good as the Hinder disc then that's even more reason for me to seek this out.

P.s. I need to learn that sarcasm isn't funny.

Wow - if it's very nearly as good as the Hinder disc then that's even more reason for me to seek this out.

P.s. I need to learn that sarcasm isn't funny.

yeah, i need to correct that statement to No 3 spot behind Hinder & SOTY. still a great album.

I still have no idea why you dont love that Hinder disc - just a great hard rock album to these ears.

Gee, thanks guys. Good to know you're taking note of my awesome recommendations... seven years later. :(

• 6 months later...

These guys released a single last year called 'Half a dream away'. Honestly, it's pretty average, but hopefully they have a new album on the way. Not a bad tune, just very plain.

• 7 months later...

Well, these guys just released their brand new album 'The Fire Remains':

http://www.myspace.com/officialblind

It's good. I'm going to say after one quick spin that it's possibly not quite as good as the impressive debut, but it's good. Some really excellent tracks on here, namely the brilliant 'Far Away.' Well worth checking out, though.