Junkfood

66 mustang

check out the band and see what you think

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...riendID=4240928

I can't hear the samples at work but I sure wish you'd made this post about a week ago before I ordered Saints of the Underground. :(

http://cdbaby.com/cd/junkfood2

Thanks for the heads up anyway, sound like something I should check out.

I didn't notice this thread when originally posted. I've seen Junkfood at a club in Winchester, VA. They are a really cool live band. I'd say they are more of a fun band then a talented one. The show just creates a cool atmosphere where everyone is enjoying themselves. I believe they had a couple of releases for sale the night I saw them.

Just to let Mr Mustang know, thanks you your recommendations I bought both the Junkfood CDs mate. Should arrive late this week. :) Looking forward to them. Samples sounded great.

Great recommendation on this one, awesome band. Great vocalist, lush production, HUGE hooks. This is right up there with some of my fave Modern Rock discs....

I got both these CDs and have to say I enjoy them both a lot. These guys are great song writers... great hooks everywhere. It's hard to separate the two albums so you're best off just getting both. :)

I have to ask though, does anyone else think the vocalist sounds a hell of a lot like Richard Black from Shark Island???

I have to ask though, does anyone else think the vocalist sounds a hell of a lot like Richard Black from Shark Island???

Kind of. Though he's tons better than the Shark Island guy IMO.

Is the "Below the Charm" album the better of the two?

Kind of. Though he's tons better than the Shark Island guy IMO.

Is the "Below the Charm" album the better of the two?

Yeah, he's smoother and less rough than Mr Shark Island.

Yeah, 'Below the charm' is the better of the two, but it's close. The debut might just be a bit more mellow and pop-rock-ish. Both are worthwhile though.

Hmmmm.... with all these reviews I'm gonna have to go check these guys out again. I believe they are playing close to me again this month.

Hmmmm.... with all these reviews I'm gonna have to go check these guys out again. I believe they are playing close to me again this month.

I think you'd probably like them mate. Not as good as SR-71, but if you appreciate a good tune you'll like this band.

• 6 months later...

I saw Junkfood play last week in Virginia. I was talking to the guitar player and he said that they would be releasing a new CD in December. They played a few songs that will be on the new disc and they sound pretty good. They are having a CD release party early in December... which I will most likely go to. I guess you will be able to get the new release from them once it is released. Keep your eyes and ears open for this one.

Here is the webite for anyone interested: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...riendid=4240928