Passion - "Loaded Gun"

Evil Rick

I was over at CD Baby the other night to pick up the Saints Of The Underground cd and figured I'd grab another cd just to make the S&H worthwhile and came across Passion - Loaded Gun cd for sale. The samples were kickass IMO but there were next to no comments on their page at the HH main site. Just wondering of I made a mistake grabbing this or if it's worth the 10 bones I dropped on it.

BTW, It was pretty cool of the guitarist to drop me an email after I purchased it thanking me for picking it up, that was very cool on his part I thought.

Funny... I had the Passion: "Loaded Gun" CD in my hands today. I was about to play it but then saw War & Peace laying there and I went with that instead. "Load Gun" is a pretty good release... nothing exceptional, but not bad at all. They also have released a CD called "The Beginning" which I like alittle better.

If you want my honest thoughts I'd really have to call these guys quite an average run-of-the-mill indie hard rock band. Honestly, they're not awful but the songs are so safe and there's nothing that stands out at all. Very simple production, songs and delivery. I'm surprised they have it at CD Baby. I thought it was really quite rare - might even be worth buying to sell on ebay! :lol:

I was over at CD Baby the other night to pick up the Saints Of The Underground cd and figured I'd grab another cd just to make the S&H worthwhile and came across Passion - Loaded Gun cd for sale. The samples were kickass IMO but there were next to no comments on their page at the HH main site. Just wondering of I made a mistake grabbing this or if it's worth the 10 bones I dropped on it.

BTW, It was pretty cool of the guitarist to drop me an email after I purchased it thanking me for picking it up, that was very cool on his part I thought.

I think it;sa cool cd with 1 awesome tune that would be have fitted well on the early posion albums :beerbang:

I have both Loaded Gun and In the Beginning, originals. I agree with both Geoff and Dave's comments.

Very average, but listenable. I hope they are rare even though I doubt I would sell them.

When I was listening to the Passsion samples I caught myself comparing them to the band Disturbance, nothing really earth shattering or memorable, but I always find myself listening to it every now and again and like it while it's playing. I have a feeling Passion is going to be the same way.

How'd you go, Rick? As soon as I saw your post I immediately ordered the Saints of the Underground CD too. I spent about 2 hours listening to samples of other bands to maybe include in the package (a lot of modern hard rock bands too) but eventually I settled on only one other CD by a band called Guilty Pleasure. Sounds a lot like Loud N' Clear in the samples. Anyone know this band? Any good?

I really like this thing. I cannot for the life of me think of who they remind me of though (Barracuda, maybe?). Simple, straight forward hard rock but nice to have playing while drinking a few cold ones. Unfortunately it turns out there are 2 very big scratches on the disc and it skips on the last 2 tracks. Guess I'll be calling CD Baby about an exchange.

• 1 year later...

I ended up getting these two discs in a trade. My opinion is still pretty much the same on them. Average, but not bad at all. Very simple. I must say, though, that the vocalist on 'The beginning 90/91' is terrible. He actually sounds okay on the two ballads, which are by far the best two songs off the disc, but what a bad voice. I'm glad they got a new vocalist for the 'Loaded Gun' disc as he probably would have completely ruined that one. :lol: