Bad Buyer beware!

I sold a video game to redsauctionhouse_61 , I sent him invoices, emails , with absolutely no response from him for over 2 weeks, I then filed dispute with ebay,guess what? The dumbass answers finally and pays 3 days later, was almost 3 weeks since end of auction. I had resold the game to someone else since I had not heard from him, After he pays me by paypal, I refund his money immediately explaining to him since I havent heard from him for almost 3 weeks that I resold the game, I left him a nice Neutral, 2 weeks later he leaves me a NEGATIVE! What the fuck? Is there anything i can do about the negative? Will ebay do anything since I filed a dispute with them earlier about him? This is TOTAL BS

Agreed Never leave feedback first if you are a seller. Buyers rep means didly but a sellers feedback means everything. The secret to this kind of buyer is file a NPA on the 8th day. If he responds you can end if you desire and it puts a strike against his or her account. That option still allows them to leave feedback. Now if they dont respond to the NPA after 7 days then you can leave feedback but they cannot. That option takes 14 days.

Ive had more bad buyers in the last 6 weeks than I have had in 7 years. My patience has run thin veryyyyyyyyy but I also no how ro work the system very well and most buyers dont.

For me I keep this thought........... There are way more good buyers than bad. Negatives cannot be avoided due to the amount of FREAKS roaming the net.

Agreed Never leave feedback first if you are a seller. Buyers rep means didly but a sellers feedback means everything. The secret to this kind of buyer is file a NPA on the 8th day. If he responds you can end if you desire and it puts a strike against his or her account. That option still allows them to leave feedback. Now if they dont respond to the NPA after 7 days then you can leave feedback but they cannot. That option takes 14 days.

Ive had more bad buyers in the last 6 weeks than I have had in 7 years. My patience has run thin veryyyyyyyyy but I also no how ro work the system very well and most buyers dont.

For me I keep this thought........... There are way more good buyers than bad. Negatives cannot be avoided due to the amount of FREAKS roaming the net.

Thanks for the info, its awful funny this guys email starting working after I put in a non payment dispute, I usually dont leave feedback but this time I did for some reason, This guy was the biggest loser Ive ever come across and a liar to boot, I might cut off my ties to sending stuff to Canada.

Thanks for the info, its awful funny this guys email starting working after I put in a non payment dispute, I usually dont leave feedback but this time I did for some reason, This guy was the biggest loser Ive ever come across and a liar to boot, I might cut off my ties to sending stuff to Canada.

Ive sent ebay an email about the situation, I really dont think it will do any good but I will let you guys know what happens with it.

Don't play e-mail tag with those people... Call them 1-800-717 3229 :whistle:

On top of that, Canada is not the problem. A problem buyers can be from anywhere and everywhere. The countries to watch out for are some over in Europe as well as Indonesia and Middle east. And thanks to too many trades and sales gone wrong, Italy was marked off my "to send to" list as well

On top of that, Canada is not the problem. A problem buyers can be from anywhere and everywhere. The countries to watch out for are some over in Europe as well as Indonesia and Middle east. And thanks to too many trades and sales gone wrong, Italy was marked off my "to send to" list as well

I agree Canada is not the problem (of course I'm a bit biased :) ).....a while back a seller that I had many transactions with suddenly stopped selling to Canada because of a few bads experiences, while he certainly had the right to do so I can't help but think his actions were a bit shortsighted....

Thanks for number, i called them, i dont think they are gonna do squat,but it didnt hurt to call them.

I agree Canada is not the problem (of course I'm a bit biased :) ).....a while back a seller that I had many transactions with suddenly stopped selling to Canada because of a few bads experiences, while he certainly had the right to do so I can't help but think his actions were a bit shortsighted....

Yea, Ive sold alot of stuff to Canada with no problems,but I think if i have any more problems from over there then Im gonna axe em.

eBay will probably do a zit about it. You should always follow the golden rule - NEVER leave feedback first!

Unfortunately, I will have to disagree with you Iordan. As a seller on E Bay, I always leave feedback as soon as I receive payment from a buyer. Check with anyone who has ever bought anything from me. Yeah, there's been a couple of morons who you just can't satisfy, but the way I look at it, people who bid in my auctions and buy from me over and over know what to expect from me anyway. The whole feedback system is "designed" so that the seller leaves feeback based upon the communication, promptness of payment and following of instructions after the sale. The buyer leaves feedback based upon the promptness of delivery, item as described/condition and the seller's communication. What good is feedback at all if it is just a mutual I'll pat your back if you pat mine???? Why even look at anyone's feedback if that's the philosophy you maintain???

Yes, I know I'm going to get a ton of responses from people who think just the opposite, and that's fine. I just want to go on record to say that this is not how I operate. I do the very best I can to satisfy the buyers in my auctions and live with that.

As a buyer, it is my position to post feedback based upon the criteria stated above, however, I also do not leave feedback as a buyer until the seller has posted feedback based upon my prompt payment and other criteria as a buyer. If he is waiting for me to "pat his back", he'll have to wait until the grass grows a little taller in Antarctica!!! He already has all the information he needs to post feedback when he receives my payment. His end of the transaction was completed "FIRST". Get 'er done....................

You're leaving the door wide open to weirdos who leave negatives for no good reason. I always wait until the transaction is 100% complete on both ends, if you paid me, why would not end up leaving you a positive in return. I'm easy to satisfy, pay me in a timely manner and I'm happy, the buyer has more things to look at. Why can't sellers evaluate the speed of payment, however buyers can evaluate the speed of delivery, the cost of shipping, the communication.....It's a one way street with Ebay and I will protect myself, it's the only way, it's not like Ebay nor Paypal will protect the seller, the buyer always wins.

I've seen too many good sellers get dumb ass negs because of picky/stupid buyers who have nothing to lose since they already got the positive feedback.

Even if I disagree with ya Delbert, you're still da man. :beerbang:

Dave

I knew probably most everyone would disagree with me, and I accept that......however, the next time you want to check someone's feedback on E Bay to decide if you want to transact with them....remember......most likely what your are seeing should actually be saying "you left me good feedback, so I've left you good feedback".......really doesn't mean a thing does it?

As I said earlier.....yep, the morons will leave negative feedback because the jewel case arrived cracked!!! They didn't seem to think that it could have been broken in the mail, but.........I don't get all broke up about it.......

BTW Dave......any chance of a low interest loan....say sometime next week???? :tumbsup:

Good for you Del. I just dont care for feedback anymore, nor I look at it, coz I dont buy from eBay anymore, except for some supplies always from the same sellers. Plus I dont sell much on eBay these days either, as it turned out way much profitable for me to sell my own releases through my website and distributors, and save on eBay fees.

So my philosophy is very simple: I leave feedback only as a response to buyer's. I never e-mail anyone to pester them "hey, where is my fedback, you post first, bla-bla" I just post feedback to everyone who had spent time to post for me, if they dont, then I dont too. I dont even bother checking out and keeping thrack who has posted and who not.

There was a time in the beginning when I posted first as a seller, but after getting two moronic feedbacks I reverted and am happy with the outcome ever since.

Although Del does it his way, and I used to do it the same, but I totally converted over to leaving feedback AFTER the buyer does to avoid any potential bullshit negatives. When I send off their item, I politely say "When you've recieved your item and are happy with your purchase, Please remember to leave the appropriate feedback for the transaction and I'll return feedback at that time". I figure that way, if there is indeed a problem, they'll contact me rather than leave a negative for something stupid like a crack in a CD case or a mark on something.

I have plenty of faith in the items I sell, and my descriptions, but my faith in good honest buyers has really been put through the ringer in the past 2 years.

Item conditions can be too subjective and what I consider "mint", may be a "A-" to the next guy or worse. The feedback system is not a fair one to say the least. If ebay looked more into the reasons why people leave negs and dealt with them more, I'd maybe feel different. But since they don't, as a seller, I'll always wait for the buyer. As a buyer, I leave feedback as soon as I recieve my item and then contact the seller to tell them I recieved it and I've left feedback. They often return it quickly. :drink:

I don't mind sellers not leaving feedback until I as the buyer leave feedback...unfortunately there are sellers that are too lazy to leave feedback at all which is damned irritating....The feedback system is rather compromised this way but you can usually still tell which sellers are honest most of the time....