Faber Drive

Geoff

Wow. I thought you guys were being a bit harsh until I decided to give it a listen myself. Sounds like they trying to fill the void left by bands like NKOTB, Backstreet Boys and NSYNC. Someone needs to tell them it's not 1999 anymore.

I enjoy the occasional Pop CD as long as it's done right (Hot Chelle Rae, for example). This one is all wrong.

Coincidently I was just thinking the same thing about this band. I picked up Secret last week and while it is far from horrible, it just doesn't come close to Surgery. I really love tracks 3 and 4 and the rest have their moments but the biggest issue for me is it has no balls. I like plenty of sugary pop punk but this one woulda benefited from more crunch.

By the sounds of things, their latest takes it a step further still...in the wrong direction. Pass for me.

Haha... it is rough, but definitely an album of 2 halves. I have spun it a few times now and the first half it utter garbage... but all 5 of the last 5 songs have a little bit of worth. I don't mind 'em... but it's still a massive step back. I wonder if I'm the only one who liked 'Can't keep a secret?' :lol: I really like that disc.

Haha... it is rough, but definitely an album of 2 halves. I have spun it a few times now and the first half it utter garbage... but all 5 of the last 5 songs have a little bit of worth. I don't mind 'em... but it's still a massive step back. I wonder if I'm the only one who liked 'Can't keep a secret?' :lol: I really like that disc.

I love "You and I Tonight". The rest I don't much listen to anymore.

I love "You and I Tonight". The rest I don't much listen to anymore.

I think the only song I didn't like was "G-Get Up and Dance!" That 'You and I tonight' is freakin' incredible, though.

Doods, I hate to say it but I definitely jumped the gun on my comments on the new CD based only on the first half of the disc. I'm actually enjoying the 2nd half plenty. The 2 ballads are simply excellent, the next 2 are nice pop rockers with cool hooks and the closer is a different but pretty cool song. If they'd just released the last 5 songs as an EP I might not be so agitated by what's happened to them. Don't get me wrong, this is by far their worst disc... but if you have it, skip the first 5 songs and give the last 5 a go.