STURM AND DRANG - Learning To Rock

phaffas

Interesting mix there. I love Wig Wam but dislike strongly Stratovarius. I'd like to check these guys out when I get home. Thanks for the tip. Maybe.

i can definately here influences from both bands there (which i both like) but in general alot of euro/scandinavian prog melodic metal. Sounds pretty good though and some catchy songs. Ill listen more later and see if i still like. Production is pretty good too.

Quite a philosophical explanation. The typically male juvenile "Sturm und Drang" phase - as I know it - is chasing after every skirt and trying to drag the chick into the next available bed. :P Wow !! Those were the days !!! :P :P

Quite a philosophical explanation. The typically male juvenile "Sturm und Drang" phase - as I know it - is chasing after every skirt and trying to drag the chick into the next available bed. :P Wow !! Those were the days !!! :P :P

Yeah, that was a part of the story for sure... ;)

Yeah, that was a part of the story for sure... ;)

yeah... deep...

ok after another listen prob not as good as i first thought but id prob still like to pick it up. most tracks seem to be very Stratovarius-ish, with about 3 or 4 rockier tracks sounding a bit like Wig wam.

all in all sounds pretty cool. wonder how a 16 sings like that, and plays those solos.... and how theyd get a deal that young

I'm going to give this one a go today. I heard a bit of it and it sounds okay-ish, if not a little "standard". I will report back soon.

I spun it at lunch. It's okay. Very standard, dime-a-dozen sort of stuff. I didn't mind most the songs, but constantly had the feeling of 'I've heard this all before'. Everything was strategically recycled, I definitely didn't hear any Wig Wam, but fans of Stratovarius might enjoy some of this? I won't spin it again I don't think.

• 5 months later...

If you search for this "gentleman": Linman from the main page you´ll find the father (Patrik) of the singer from the band (Andre Linman). His dad is involved in the writing and producing of the album. Actually they are all from my hometown and I have met "the dad" on several occasions and even had a couple of drinks with him.

"The dad" has been on the music scene since late 80´s (I guess) and still going...eh..."strong". Actually The Sturms recent single Indian is a big hit here at the moment and even I like it.

Well I guess nobody really cares 'bout this info so I'm off...

(WHAT?! No smileys?!)

Stefan

Sturm und Drang (storm and zeal) was a literature movement started by young German writers, including Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, who protested cultural environment and society in general. It was the first youth movement ever, so when Henkka’s dad came up with the idea, the guys thought that the name most definitely suited them.

i actually quite like Rising Son....i might have to look into this one.

• 5 weeks later...

The Sturms' debut have been rereleased as an "International version" with 3 bonus tracks and BOY do they rock or what! :beerbang:

1st bonus: Breaking The Law (The Judas Priest song; infact the Sturms was formed after going to a gig by Judas Priest)

2nd bonus: Forever feat. UDO (Yes that UDO from Accept)

3rd bonus: Rising Son - Acoustic (Excellent version)

The new version also includes the videos to Rising Son and Indians.

B)