Ninja Signed To Retrospect?

Axe Attack

Cool eh? Let me tell you the story. I announced a couple of months ago that Wild August had signed with Retrospect for a 2 album deal. Well , turns out the 2 lead singers for Wild August....Sullivan Bigg and Danny Stanton both have albums with other projects which I promptly licensed.

Danny had 2 albums with Ninja.

Sullivan had his own solo album.

What's also interesting is that Sullivan and Danny both have big booking agencies on opposite sides of the country.

I think we'll find a lot of new Retrospect releases silver-pressed now that I have worked out an amazing deal with a company here in the U.S.

So , my first reaction to that question is yes , Wild August will be silver and so will Ninja as well as most of the new Retrospect releases.

P.S. By the way David , thanks for talking so much shit about my company to SMASH L.A. , it really turned them off of SunCity and right into a contract with Retrospect. Keep up the good work.

Sam,

I only speak the truth mate!! You got any facts to back that up??

Smash L.A. asked me about your label and I gave them nothing but truth. I've told you the situation, Suncity Records only releases albums when we can track down the original masters and unfortunatly Smash L.A. only had media of their cassette tape. Shame, because their album is nice.

Kind regards

Dave

Well , David I guess 'the truth' set you and SunCity free.......free of getting the contract with Smash L.A.

....and they told me that you were perfectly prepared to release their album FROM YOUR CASSETTE TRANSFER 'REMASTERING' job.

So don't spew your bullshit David , you lost out because you have 5 releases compared to the 140+ that I have.

That speaks louder than any crap you spread about me to other bands , not to mention that your conduct is extremely unprofessional.

At least Smash L.A. will now see a release date BEFORE December 2007.

:popcorn:

Can I have some of that...?

Haha,

Sam, one thing I am strong about is that we "Suncity Records" ONLY release albums that have come from the original masters. We certainly don't do any cassette/L.P. transferrs at all. I'm not the one spewing shit, either you or Smash L.A. are. Bands will say anything to sell their product, don't you understand that?? I can't really respect anything you say anymore considering you believe everything that comes from Lynn Edward Glezens lying mouth!! You're a joker Sam!

Kind regards

Dave

Sam,

They may have said that I talked down about Retrospect Records, but they did ask me my opinion on your label and I gave them the truth. The truth about Retospect Records isn't pretty, is it Sam?? but I can't be to blame because of that.

You know what they say, the truth sometimes hurts.

Kind regards

And what's the truth David?

That I have released 50 albums for every one album you have?

That I am getting over 100,000 hits a month on the website?

That I pay more royalties that any other label?

That stores all over the world are buying Retrospect cd's?

That Radio stations in 16 different countries are playing Retrospect artists?

That I can release a cd within 2 months of announcing a signing?

That I am the largest re-issue label in the world?

All of those are FACTS. Now what's your resume looking like David?

Cuz I can smell it from here in Las Vegas.....

I think we'll find a lot of new Retrospect releases silver-pressed now that I have worked out an amazing deal with a company here in the U.S.

So , my first reaction to that question is yes , Wild August will be silver and so will Ninja as well as most of the new Retrospect releases.

That is very good news indeed! :tumbsup:

• Shiraz Lane - Forgotten Shades Of Life
    • That is simply brilliant...such a great band...love that artwork...this has made my day  
    • New EP out now, digital only. From rocknloadmag.com: Swedish melodic hard rock supergroup Crowne will release a new live EP entitled ‘Live From Studio Gröndahl’ on 19th August, a little treat to hold fans over as they await the release of a second album by the band. A live performance ‘Kings In The North’ from the EP is available from today on all digital platforms. The studio recording of ‘Kings In The North’ was the title track of their 2021 debut album, a record that truly delivered on the promise of the combined talents of the group members. Comprised of vocalist Alexander Strandell (Art Nation), guitarist/keyboardist/producer Jona Tee (H.E.A.T.), bassist John Levén (Europe) and drummer Christian Lundqvist (The Poodles), the record was a tour de force of Scandinavian melodic hard rock. It also featured guitar solos from Love Magnusson (Dynazty), who has now joined the line-up as permanent lead guitarist. ‘Live From Studio Gröndahl’ features the quintet tearing through five songs from ‘Kings In The North’ and allows fans to hear (and see) them playing live in an intimate setting. Crowne is the most exciting, thrilling supergroup created to date from the Swedish melodic hard rock scene. Having already crafted a beast of a debut, this stellar cast of outstanding musicians are currently working diligently to better it with the recording of its follow-up. LIVE FROM STUDIO GRÖNDAHL TRACKLISTING 1  Kings In The North 2  Sharoline 3  Perceval 4  Mad World 5  Save Me From Myself        
    • That's good to hear. The album Vanity Kills was pretty awesome. Some of the songs had bit of modern rock vibe to them which I thought was cool. Yep, hope we get to hear more music from you guys. 
    • Album out now. Listen to the rest of the album:                  
    • 'Forgotten Toys' out now. Listen to the rest of the album:            
    • Love these guys. In my opinion, they are more of hard/melodic rock than synthwave. Plenty of guitar riffs and solos. Another killer track, my fave song so far this year. 
    • Want to clear  all pacman 256 levels while spinning this monster 
    • Yes, I'm the new bassplayer :). I have asked Ward Dufraimont to answer your question, as he is better suited to reply: In a nutshell : Expectations were high in 2010 with a debut album out on MelodicRock Records and big dreams, unfortunately the wheels started coming off from the word ‘go’. After losing our permanent drummer and rehearsal space and wasting precious time trying to sort that all out, frustration started to kick in. In an effort to keep moving forward, we recorded a second full length album in 2012, which sits unmixed on a hard-drive somewhere. Sometimes life gets in the way, and we decided to shelve the whole thing before friendships were lost. In 2022, with enough water under the bridge, we are back in full force, with a deluxe reissue of the debut album (out of print for years) to kickstart the whole thing. Playing out as much as we can, opening for the likes of FM, Jelusick, Gun, and others this year, spreading the word. We hope to have a new single out later this year, and more new music next year. A new decade, a new lineup, a fresh start. Nothing’s gonna stop us now !
    • New album out today.  Gave it one listen and seems pretty decent and in line with their last album. Worth checking if you liked their last one.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.