Band-Maid (Japanese female fronted rock)

Captain Howdy

I only said I translate few artists lyrics in French to learn the language, but that is not the main reason why I listen to some foreign music. As I clearly stated I listen to any band I like The MUSIC and vibe of, foreign language or not. The buying of a Japanese book instead of English version doesn't really wash as an analogy really either does it... Think about it

Geoff... stop being a twat. :lol:

Not everyone listens to music the way YOU do. As I have said here many a time, lyrics and words mean far less TO ME than to others. I can listen to praise/worship Christian rock back to back with satanic Black metal and not skip a beat. For me it is about the sound and melody.

Heck, even with music sung in English, I pretty much ignore the lyrical content. It's all about the SOUND for me. The actual words being sung pass in one ear and out the other, only rarely registering in terms of comprehension. The only time it comes into play is if there is extreme cursing or filth and I have to be aware of the content not for my own sake but for those around me who might hear it, and the listening/working environment I am in at the time.

You don't agree with that way of listening, or even understand it, fine. But insulting people by claiming the only reason anyone would ever listen to music in a language they don't understand is for the "look at me factor" is being a dick.

You don't like foreign language music. We get it.

This is no different than those who put guitar work and solos far higher on the importance list than those who consider vocals or vocal harmonies to be of primary importance. It's an aesthetic choice. You value English lyrics and the ability to understand them far more than others do.

Neither way is right or wrong... it's just different ways of experiencing and enjoying music.

How do the cool kids here do it......"backed" 100%

I rarely care what the lyrics to a song are......and listen to music exactly the way Dan does. One of my favorites, Enya sings in her own damn language or gaelic...a LOT......lol...and I love her music as much if not more so than anything else! lol

To each their own...and, yeah....and stop taking your contempt for the world out on innocent music lovers, who are much like yourself and like a lot of similar stuff! lol

• My Little Pony

Geoff... stop being a twat. :lol:

Not everyone listens to music the way YOU do. As I have said here many a time, lyrics and words mean far less TO ME than to others. I can listen to praise/worship Christian rock back to back with satanic Black metal and not skip a beat. For me it is about the sound and melody.

Heck, even with music sung in English, I pretty much ignore the lyrical content. It's all about the SOUND for me. The actual words being sung pass in one ear and out the other, only rarely registering in terms of comprehension. The only time it comes into play is if there is extreme cursing or filth and I have to be aware of the content not for my own sake but for those around me who might hear it, and the listening/working environment I am in at the time.

You don't agree with that way of listening, or even understand it, fine. But insulting people by claiming the only reason anyone would ever listen to music in a language they don't understand is for the "look at me factor" is being a dick.

You don't like foreign language music. We get it.

This is no different than those who put guitar work and solos far higher on the importance list than those who consider vocals or vocal harmonies to be of primary importance. It's an aesthetic choice. You value English lyrics and the ability to understand them far more than others do.

Neither way is right or wrong... it's just different ways of experiencing and enjoying music.

How do the cool kids here do it......"backed" 100%

I rarely care what the lyrics to a song are......and listen to music exactly the way Dan does. One of my favorites, Enya sings in her own damn language or gaelic...a LOT......lol...and I love her music as much if not more so than anything else! lol

To each their own...and, yeah....and stop taking your contempt for the world out on innocent music lovers, who are much like yourself and like a lot of similar stuff! lol

Or a band like Sigur Ros, they sing in Icelandic and Vonlenska (also known as Hopelandic) which is literal gibberish. When they sing in Vonlenska, it is proof that the voice is just another instrument. You don't have to understand what is being sung to know it sounds beautiful.