Selling Through Amazon Sellers

Folks,

Pissed off with eBay I've decided to try my hand at selling through Amazon sellers...as a seller. I've just listed my 1st CD for sale.

Does anyone else use this method and if so what have your experiences been?

Thanks

Nick

Never sold there, but buy there all the time, its much better (and safer) than ebay. If I ever start selling off my collection some day, it will be via Amazon.

I LOVE it. Plain and simple, no haggling, no bullshit, never had a problem. :)

The majority of my sales are on Amazon, along with a few on GEMM. About the only problem I have is new? folk who do not understand that a 4/5 score on Amazon actually hurts the seller's feedback average, even though it is considered positive feedback.

For example, one customer recently left me this feedback: "Good CD. No complaints here from my part. my order arrived as I expected. Thank you." Yet I received a 4/5. Numerous attempts to contact the customer have met with no response. A bit frustrating.

Plus of course I mail EVERYTHING with Delivery Confirmation.

Amazon also recently started selling postage. That is, you can purchase and print your label directly through them, as you can through Ebay/Paypal. The postage cost is taken directly out of your Amazon profits. Cost is 7 cents per transaction and Delivery Confirmation is the same 19 cents that is offered through eBay/Paypal. Very convenient.

Have never used the auction part of marketplace (not even sure it still exists), but I will say that there is very little point to selling cheap CDs on Amazon.

While there is no listing fee, which is great, the cut they take on lower priced items makes it hardly worthwhile selling.

Also, with fixed price listings, everyone who lists the same item after you will nearly always list it slightly cheaper, and you end up having to adjust your prices.

A friend of mine who runs a motorsport shop over here also sells on eBay, and says he wont sell on Amazon as it ends up costing him more in the long run.

eBid is worth a look at as I believe the customer base is growing, and their fees are minimal.

Have never used the auction part of marketplace (not even sure it still exists), but I will say that there is very little point to selling cheap CDs on Amazon.

While there is no listing fee, which is great, the cut they take on lower priced items makes it hardly worthwhile selling.

Also, with fixed price listings, everyone who lists the same item after you will nearly always list it slightly cheaper, and you end up having to adjust your prices.

A friend of mine who runs a motorsport shop over here also sells on eBay, and says he wont sell on Amazon as it ends up costing him more in the long run.

eBid is worth a look at as I believe the customer base is growing, and their fees are minimal.

I still prefer Amazon. Very low maintenance, and that is what I need.

I will not list anything less than $3.49. Just not worth the time and effort. The remaining stuff I sell cheap to local wholesalers or, if I get time, sell lots on eBay.

Are sale results higher/better/quicker to sell on Amazon than on Ebay? I get the factors that it is simple and not as costly, but do people actually buy stuff?

Are sale results higher/better/quicker to sell on Amazon than on Ebay? I get the factors that it is simple and not as costly, but do people actually buy stuff?

Last 90 days I sold 230 CDs for a sales total of about $2200 on Amazon. That's after paying for shipping and all Amazon fees deducted. I also sold about 20 CDs on GEMM for a profit of about $550 after all fees and shipping.

Because of my work schedule I sell to the USA only. I know it hurts my sales but international sales are too much of a pain for me. Currently I have about 1700 listings on Amazon and 750 on GEMM. The only things I list on GEMM are CDs that Amazon does not have listings for.

There are no fees either place unless you sell something. Plus there is no constant relisting. The only reason I will use eBay from now on is to sell multiple CDs in a lot, and I have not done that since late last year. As far as I am concerned, eBay sucks for sellers compared to Amazon. To much work, too many losses.

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it! :beerbang: